Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Zen
Wow Congrats SP. congrats
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
04/05/2011 04:57 AMPosted by Kickstart
Wow Congrats SP. congrats

Keep in mind they spent 4-5 hours in Heroic: Shadowfang Keep scoring easy guild XP from the second boss, for their guild level 23 up to 25. Many will see it was exploiting, many will see it was "clever use of game mechanics", because of the amount of Guild XP you can get from it, with a rather odd way to accumulate.

Either way, congrats SP.
I only wish you guys did it slightly more honorable, as we were your only competition at 4AM, but it's the internet. We'll be second (hopefully) to 25 soon.
Edited by Osatox on 4/5/2011 5:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Zen
04/05/2011 05:19 AMPosted by Osatox
Keep in mind they spent 4-5 hours in Heroic: Shadowfang Keep scoring easy guild XP from the second boss, for their guild level 23 up to 25. Many will see it was exploiting, many will see it was "clever use of game mechanics", because of the amount of Guild XP you can get from it, with a rather odd way to accumulate.

Wow if this is true.. Sad just sad.. guess they picked a correct guild name for their tactics.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
/popcorn. Let it begin. =)

Edit*

Thanks for the congrats!
Edited by Ömën on 4/5/2011 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
/popcorn. Let it begin. =)

Edit*

Thanks for the congrats!

I personally don't approve of how some of the Sad Panda players got the 107,790,000 guild experience to achieve their Realm First. I'm just forcing a friendly grin on my end because i'm slightly upset about it. At the least because Sasseria had the guts to explain to me "how" and "why" you guys did what you did is keeping the respect I still have for certain Sad Panda players.

Both Methods and SP had casuals that log on and contribute more than raiders. Both guilds have raiders that seem to "only log on for raid days", so essentially both guilds had the same type of players. Also there was a rumor that Sad Panda also had 6-7 million XP ahead of us prior to level 23, but we reached 23 first before you guys, when we've also been reaching the daily guild XP cap for 120 days straight since Cata Launch and since the Cata Launch bull&^@#$.

I just don't know why you guys chose the way that you did, but at the end it's still a game and at least there was that small bit of competition between two guilds. I'd be excited if Blizzard actually intervened and did something, but their history with things like this don't seem to favor well.

Edited by Osatox on 4/5/2011 6:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Do you still love me, Osa?

Because I still want your babies.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Zen
Congratulations to Sad Panda, regardless of the means through which it was obtained. Having a level 25 guild is no easy feat.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/05/2011 08:16 AMPosted by Sidratha
Congratulations to Sad Panda, regardless of the means through which it was obtained. Having a level 25 guild is no easy feat.

No kidding, some of us have been grinding heroics, dailies, and regulars nonstop with guildies to get to level 25. Of course people grinding like that aren't exalted with Baron Silverlaine so they don't really get the easy guild experience. But its whatever. At the end of the day I'm not cheating at an easy video game like wow. And I think that's more important than a having a feat of strength.

Good luck to Sad Panda on all future expl....Realm Firsts.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Thanks all for the Congrats, we appreciate it!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We appreciate how classy you guys are. <3
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Elirra you can stop being so butt hurt. And Osatox I respect you more then I respect most if all people in your guild. And I don't know if you were on last night or not but you might want to find out from people in your guild how many times they tried to do what we did but failed on figuring out how to actually accomplish it. And I am not just making it up we actually talked to some of your members. Either way thanks for the congrats. Reguardless of what they say we were grinding heroics from like 6am to 12:30 am last night as well. We didn't just go from level 23-25 in 1 shot.
Reply Quote
Like I said in the other post, we had a couple groups go in to see if there was some secret we didn't know about and found you were just exploiting a boss in SFK to get more XP. We didn't fail at anything. We just cleared and moved on to more randoms. If we failed at something it was that we aren't good at cheating to get to the top.

Either way, grats on cheat.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
So you are saying that people from your groups were lying to us telling us you were trying to do the same thing we were. Ok sounds right.

Look I understand if you don't want to be put in the same category as us for actually accomplishing it, but at least don't lie about it.
Edited by Hotiepancake on 4/5/2011 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
So who told you we were using the same strategy? Because I'm pretty sure nobody knew exactly how to do it. We went in there to see if we could figure it out so we could explain it better to the GMs.
Reply Quote
Ok, put it on me like I'm the bad guy here. I didn't exploit SFK. There were people in Methods saying we should do the same and I told them not to stoop to your level. I suppose it's possible a group tried to reproduce your results, but we didn't succeed, nor did we do it for hours til we got a realm first achievement. Don't put this on us like we're the guilty ones. Your guild exploited, not ours.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]