Best Horde mage race?

85 Orc Hunter
Never made a mage alt but all ways wanted to and its now or I will blow it off again :D

So whats the best race to be as a mage for raiding?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Troll for the casting speed racial.

OR

Goblin for the Rocket Jump.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Troll for the casting speed racial.

OR

Goblin for the Rocket Jump and 1% haste.

<----- former Goblin
Reply Quote
Just go goblin. You know you want to.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Goblin for 1% haste and rocket jump as an extra blink

Troll as much as I hate to say it for berserking (despise trolls)

BE for torrent

OR you could play the race you actually want to play instead of hunting for racials, there aren't any make-it or break-it racials on the horde like inspiring presence, viciousness, or expansive mind that actually help your stats in any dire manner
Reply Quote
Torrent for Arcane.
Also, goblin if you wanna look like some softball player

We're starting a team, wanna join?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Torrent for Arcane.
Also, goblin if you wanna look like some softball player
come at me bro

TBH all horde mages have awesome casting graphics
Except goblins.. so ugly.
Belf male UD M/F Troll Male Orc Male all look pretty badass.

The softball comparision applies to the goblin male. The females animations are much better.

There is only 1 badass horde animation though, and that is undead.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
What's with the hate towards trolls?? lol.

Troll for the casting speed racial. its awsome. can be used at the beginning of fights when TW/BL is saved for later on in the fight... and can be cast several time during a fight.

trolls FTW

Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I will forever say Undead. If your looking to min/max your toon, go troll for the mini Lust which is amazing but you have to look like a troll =/ ( I really cant stand they way they look in general and in gear)

SN: Undead in t11 is sexy to play =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I decided to do a little testing to see what the dps differences b/w races were for fire mages. I ran the numbers in simc using imports from chardev of my own profile with the races changed out. Each race was ran 5 times at 10000 iterations, then averaged. I'll be using undead as the base since they're the only one without a caster friendly racial. These were all run with my current fire spec and glyphs. Be mindful that different gear profiles and talent builds would probably get different results.

Race: dps increase (avg dps from simc)
Troll: +293dps (22376dps)
Orc: +220dps (22303dps)
Goblin: +149dps (22232dps)
B. Elf: +86dps (22169dps)
Undead: +0dps (22083dps)

So if you've got 25 bucks to burn then by all means race change to troll, since both popular opinon and simc seem to point that way. And Shindeath, I guarantee my Belf outsexies your Undead in t11 ;P
Edited by Iheartpink on 4/6/2011 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Undead: +0dps

BUT +50000 Awesome.

You can't beat that.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
UE
04/06/2011 01:25 AMPosted by Acîdreflux
What's with the hate towards trolls?? lol.

But you don't wear shoes! O_O
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
04/06/2011 07:47 AMPosted by Iheartpink
And Shindeath, I guarantee my Belf outsexies your Undead in t11 ;P

Yes but your race in general is flaming in more ways than one. We on the meantime look like a walking force of fiery doom without having the emo issues of Warlocks
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
/cast Blood Fury
/cast combustion

And the gear for the Orc's its awesome !!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Undead is the best race. Firstly, WOTF is gold for PvP. Secondly, best animations in every single department make this completely superior to some minor DPS racial.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
/cast Blood Fury
/cast combustion

And the gear for the Orc's its awesome !!!

Why would you SP boost a combust? It just combines all your dots you have so if the dots are ticking for lower it doesn't make them magically bigger. You want to Blood Fury before a pyroblast! to get a bigger crit then combust. Now Berserking that you want to use before Combustion because it gets you an extra tick I believe
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]