/cast pillar of frost
/cast blood tap
Then ofc pop ur ghoul
I find this useful in beginning of boss fights
particularly
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Question ,
why as a 2H am i not going after hast when i want more procs?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Well, you do want more procs, of course. The issue is that once you have enough haste, you're getting more procs and more resources than you can use before more procs and more resources come in. If you can't spend those procs and resources before they get overwritten by others, it's a DPS loss and you'd do better to focus on another stat such as mastery. But if you feel like you have it under control, then keep adding on the haste until it feels like too much.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hey guys, is it still true that 2H frost is not viable in serious PvE? Saved a heroic ataraxis today from being dusted, now I dunno what to do with it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
You'd have to define "viable" and "serious" first. I've stayed as 2H Frost for this entire expansion and never felt like I was holding my group back, but then, I haven't done any heroic raiding either. You will do more DPS as DW Frost, but that doesn't mean you can't do adequate DPS as 2H.
Edited by Taruun on 3/29/2012 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
i have a few more things i wanted to put out there for u guys to check out. with the tier 13 4 piece bonus i like to do some dif stuff in my "rotation" that i think might help.
when i have a rime proc i try to use it over a normal obliterate to give my melee swings a chance to proc killing machine.
also i always use outbreak and my macro above at the beginning of a boss encounter and
i find that blood plague will have to be reset when outbreak is at half of it's cd timer.
also when macroing the cd above using ur ghould after will maximize his dps however he cannot me added into the macro since outbreak uses ur gcd
i hope this helps u guys maximize ur deeps and if i've said anything incorrect pls let me know
<3 u guys rock frost dk ftw
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Deamonsong, I agree with most of that. My rotation guide does recommend using a Rime proc over an Obliterate in most situations, but that's mainly because if you use Obliterate again, you might have your first Rime proc overwritten with another one, and that's lost DPS. I also use the Outbreak+Pillar of Frost trick you mentioned in most encounters, because it means I can simply use the time remaining on Blood Plague as a rough indicator of when to use both of those abilities again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I have to ask this question...when you are in combat, are you button mashing the entire time (like I do), or do you let the auto-attacks do most of the work and you only button mash as needed?

I guess, I am in the mindset that if I can use any button that is not grayed out, push it. I do know as fights go on, there is a lot of times when NOTHING is enabled. Reading your guide, I see that is the wrong thing to do.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you follow the rotation that I've outlined, you should be using some sort of ability (even if it's just Howling Blast or Horn of Winter) at almost every chance you have. There may be a few seconds here or there when nothing is possible, but that's what Blood Tap and Empower Rune Weapon are for. Can you explain what you mean?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
not a bad guide
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I think I'm doin' alright.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm a Gnome!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
DPS as Frost?

There's only two words you need to know when you hit level 69...

HOWLING BLAST HOWLING BLAST HOWLING BLAST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Juicedkermit: Looking over your armory, nothing seems to jump out as being wrong. I think you're doing okay.

Cruciatus: have fun with that while it lasts!
Reply Quote
63 Worgen Death Knight
Thanks I'm sure this guide will help me a lot
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I have to ask this question...when you are in combat, are you button mashing the entire time (like I do), or do you let the auto-attacks do most of the work and you only button mash as needed?

I guess, I am in the mindset that if I can use any button that is not grayed out, push it. I do know as fights go on, there is a lot of times when NOTHING is enabled. Reading your guide, I see that is the wrong thing to do.
Getting into a situation where you have no runic power, and no runes available isn't ideal, but it will happen. The only thing you really can do in such a time is Horn of Winter for the runic power which possibly will allow you to frost strike, or you can use your Blood Tap. If a situation occurs where you have nothing available, and you need some burst, it would be an ideal time for using Empower Rune Weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
bump
Edited by Karazi on 4/20/2012 9:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]