Frost PvE Guide (5.4)

100 Night Elf Death Knight
09/09/2012 02:48 AMPosted by Ransu
[quote="65218662519"]The main reason it's useless is because Frost never uses Blood Boil. Our main AoE spell is Howling Blast (I don't know if it does more damage than Blood Boil at level 59, but it certainly does by level 85). I suppose the talent could be useful in AoE situations for a little extra damage, because you can add the extra damage from Blood Boil onto the Pestilence you would be using anyway, but the gain is minor and those situations are somewhat rare.

Pestilence cost a blood rune, no extra dps. Rolling Blood cost a blood rune, but does dps. I guess I am not seeing how It can be said that it is useless to frost, on a spread diseases talent level. Seems to me Pestilence is no longer useful.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
If there is a boss fight where AoE is the most important thing, I can see how Roiling Blood might be useful. But those fights tend to be in the minority. On fights where the most important thing is to deal damage to a single target or only a few targets, Plague Leech or Unholy Blight will be better options.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Death Knight
Ty :)
Reply Quote
64 Blood Elf Death Knight
After reading this I learned a bit more about this class, so now I don't feel like I'm quite as "flying by the seat of my pants" as much as I was. I'm going to be re-reading this guide several times here in the near future, to kinda help get some of this stuff down a bit better.

On another note, there anything specific (tips/dos-don'ts/etc) for brand new wild-eyed Frost DK or should I look in a different thread? I'm especially worried about going through 5 man dungeons (havent touched raiding at all yet) and trying to make sure I don't end up causing a wipe or...well, just wanting to get used to a DK in general I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
2 Questions.

1. Do I ever use Necrotic strike?
2. For diseases, do I just use Outbreak?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As a DW I find Bloop tap increases my DPS significantly with this macro

/cast Frost Strike
/cast Bloop Tap

This ensures that whenever you have 5 charges you will always be able to use HB right after you use frost strike to gain more RP or if you don't like that you can wait till you have 10 so you can use obliterate.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/18/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Swíftlol
1. Do I ever use Necrotic strike?

Never unless there's a gimmick to the fight.

09/18/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Swíftlol
2. For diseases, do I just use Outbreak?

You always keep them up while keeping Outbreak on CD along with that UH blight you have there. If they're both on cd then Plague Strike.
Reply Quote
49 Human Paladin
Hello; I am a DK frost spec. While fighting, doing quests, in Pandaria, I will be fighting one mob and then a red spark will come off the mob I am fighting and agro anything that is even remotely close to us. Sometime, the red spark seems to come off my weapon.

I have looked at BOTH weapons and nothing says anything about this, nor does the runes I have on each weapon.

I have looked at my glyphs and nothing.

I looked at my talents and can't find anything about it.

I asked the guild if others see this happening and either they are teasing me or they really do not have this happening to them.

Please, what is causing this and is it something I can change/upgrade/respec/redo talents to get rid of it?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This is a fantastic guide. Please go back and finish the empty portions and tidy it up a bit. This will easily get stickied and persist through MoP if you do so.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/29/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Jonnygrim
This is a fantastic guide. Please go back and finish the empty portions and tidy it up a bit. This will easily get stickied and persist through MoP if you do so.

You're a day late a very dollar short. This thread is a stickie... (he left alot open for adjustments.... now that the game is active & for advancement)

Ty Op

/salute
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
In case the OP reads this, Blood Tap macros are best with BT macro'd before the actual attack. This lets you use FS without wasting charges, and can be used without two presses if you are trying to Obliterate without runes but enough charges.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
The masteryfrost DW spec reminds me a lot of the old school 32/39 spec in Naxx25 at the beginning of Wrath!

Anybody else rock the meters constantly with that spec back in the day?
Reply Quote
72 Undead Death Knight
When DWing and you have two one handers 2.60 and a 2.40. which speed goes mainhand? Does it matter, and what runeforge enchant do I put on which?
Reply Quote
55 Troll Death Knight
10/06/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Eldred
When DWing and you have two one handers 2.60 and a 2.40. which speed goes mainhand? Does it matter, and what runeforge enchant do I put on which?

2.6 in the mainhand (assuming it has a higher top base damage), razorice MH fallen crusade off hand.
Edited by Jäckßäuer on 10/6/2012 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Is it worth keeping Icy Touch on my Action Bar, or is Howling Blast the go-to spell in all situations? I know it has an AoE, so I was curious what players better than myself would say.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/06/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Fraxure
Is it worth keeping Icy Touch on my Action Bar, or is Howling Blast the go-to spell in all situations? I know it has an AoE, so I was curious what players better than myself would say.

Icy Touch is only really useful in situations where you are not allowed to AoE (Rare) or for the dispell in PvP with the glyph, Howling Blast will be your go-to in almost every situation.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/06/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Drakae

Icy Touch is only really useful in situations where you are not allowed to AoE (Rare) or for the dispell in PvP with the glyph, Howling Blast will be your go-to in almost every situation.

I gotcha. So basically, Icy Touch is extremely niche for Frost, and I just need to know ahead of time if I should have it ready or not, depending on the instance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thanks for the great guide!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]