Finding a place for the succubus.

90 Undead Warlock
A very good article was recently posted on wow.joystiq.com about the possible need for a redesign on warlock pets. One of the primary laments was that the Succubus has lost nearly all use except for crowd control. For raiding and most dungeons Destruction favors the Imp, Affliction uses the Felhunter and Demonology obviously leans towards the Felguard, with the Voidwalker being favored for solo play and most leveling.

It occurred to me that instead of shuffling the demons again to try and find a spec that she benefits more directly (and thus pushing another demon out) she could have a more significant revamp that would give her and warlocks more utility without any significant upset to the delicate class balance.

With the introduction of Demonic Pact and Fel Intelligence in Wrath and the recent addition of Dark Intent Warlocks are have become more useful as party/raid buffers. During vanilla the only thing we had to offer of that nature was Blood Pact. What if, in addition to her use for crowd control her abilities could be shifted from damage to buffing or even minor healing. In the same way that the Void Walker (and Felguard for Demonology) works as a tank to mitigate damage the succubus could act as a healer. Minimal when compared to the healing put out by an actual player, but enough to improve chances of survival.

Additionally, in the same way that the Doomguard and Infernal now use Bane of Agony or Bane of Doom as a way of deciding target preference she could be set to automatically heal whichever group or raid member you cast a particular buff on.

I know that this would be a significant change in play style and that her power would need to be balanced but this would be a significant improvement over her current situation.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
One of the primary laments was that the Succubus has lost nearly all use except for crowd control. For raiding and most dungeons Destruction favors the Imp, Affliction uses the Felhunter and Demonology obviously leans towards the Felguard, with the Voidwalker being favored for solo play and most leveling.

Well, they're idiots.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
04/05/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Gadsden
Well, they're idiots.

Not a whole lot needs to be said about this, I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
04/05/2011 10:16 PMPosted by Elizander

The assumptions of demon roles in the first paragraph are wildly inaccurate.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
04/05/2011 11:49 PMPosted by Gadsden

The assumptions of demon roles in the first paragraph are wildly inaccurate.

Yes, at least for the current patch. It's perhaps the 'ideal' setup for each spec, but it isn't at the moment.

Fel Hunter is the one out of place at the moment due to being outdone by the Succubus, but the next patch should fix that. Succubus still does more than the Felguard for single-target so she won't lose her place yet.

The only question is will the Fel Hunter outdo the Succubus in single-target for Demonology in 4.1.
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Warrior
I personally find the succubus not on only totally useless, crowd control my big toe, crowds ignor her completely and you get mobbed and die, but I also find her offensive. I can see that guys like her with her sexual innuendoes but, crowd control, give me a break-USELESS. Attack--NOT- all she will do is slap her behind and make leud noises and remarks. I personally think she needs to be revamped into something like--USEFUL. I also paid 50 gold to a pet trainer that said you can pay to abandon your demon/succubus so that you can replace it. Not only is this completely false, it is stealing. I paid the 50 gold thinking I could get rid of my succubus and replace it with something useful and all I got rid of was my 50 gold. I was ripped, I opened a ticket and all I got was sorry, all the pet trainer can do is rename your demon/succubus and no refund. I feel that if that is all they can do then that is what it should have posted instead of abandon. I thought abondon means, get rid of, not rename. If anyone else agrees to this please lets get this fixed. All the other deamons are very useful and are not offensive. I feel like I should have gotten a refund and that they will reword what the pet trainer says it can do--Nothing!!
Reply Quote
60 Draenei Death Knight
I personally find that necroing 4 month old threads not only totally useless, but I didn't read enough of your post to know how to further mock you--Nothing!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Holy necro batman!
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
I hate as destro...... if decide to use the succy 2 whole points in talents is wasted

so kinda forces me to use succy or take 2 points out of the talent
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
clutch soulburn succy knockback for heroic rag?
Reply Quote
75 Worgen Warlock
my god I hope that necro was a troll..... if not I'm completely speechless, only one thing to say here. Learn 2 Play! I never say that but it definitely applies, assuming she was for real. You got ripped off all right, by who ever sold you your account!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
i believe the place for the succubus is eots :)

and warsong
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]