1H sword sheathed on back...

90 Dwarf Warrior
Hey folks.
First of, sorry if this is in the wrong part of forums. But didn't know where else to ask.
Seen a paladin with a 1H sword sheathed on back instead of on hip. It was of blue quality. I'm pretty sure he was lvl85, so the sword must have been a cata item. I just got to inspect it before he logged off, so didn't get a chance to see the name.
It "kind" of looked like the naxx-10 tanking sword (slayer of lifeless from memory). Which also is sheathed on the back.
Would anybody know what this sword may have been by any chance? I don't care about it's stats, and intended class/role. I just need it's looks.
Thanks ahead.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Nope definitely not SotL. It had a darker appearence. But very similar shape/form. I just went to the bank and dusted off my own SotL and, confirmed, thats not how it looked like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You sure it was blue quality? You said it was similar to Slayer of the Lifeless, yet it was blue quality; I'm drawing a blank by those specifications. Something that looks somewhat similar would be this: http://www.wowhead.com/item=23054#screenshots

It doesn't fit your specifications, however, and I'm unsure if it sheathes on the back or not. I'll keep looking.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
If it's blue and is on the back, there's always the chance that it could be the Skullforge Reaver

That doesn't really look like the Slayer of the Lifeless, but it does sheathe on the back as well, and is a blue quality item.

There is also The Unbreakable Will which sheathes on the back.

Edit: Then there's always Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker, but everybody knows what that looks like :P

Edit 2: I wish there were some more 1h'ed weapons that sheathed on backs in current content though. They almost always look better that way than sheathed on the hip.
Edited by Zej on 4/9/2011 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think The Unbreakable Will is the suggestion that fits closest to the description.

EDIT: WoWHead link for screenshot purposes: http://www.wowhead.com/item=30874#screenshots
Edited by Jassu on 4/9/2011 1:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. I am pretty certain it was of blue quality. Definitely not a purple. It's driving me nuts trying to find what sword it was. The more i realize how pointless my search is, the more i want to find it. lol But it just looked too good sheathed together with a shield.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Some more for you:
Stung Quickening Blade of the Prince Akil'zon's Talonblade Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade Skullforge Reaver Warglaive of Azzinoth Warglaive of Azzinoth Warblade of the Hakkari Warblade of the Hakkari Pilfered Ethereal Blade Phantom Blade Ginn-Su Sword Heavy Copper Longsword Felsteel Longblade Hope EnderThe Hungering Cold

Those all sheathe on the back, in addition to what has been listed so far.
I looked through blue 1h swords, and wowhead returned 156. None of the Cataclysm blue-quality one handed swords came up as sheathing on the back and look like the Slayer of the Lifeless, unless they have been changed recently like the Obsidium Destroyer was.

Now, this list right here, was posted under the skullforge reaver page, as of 1/19/2010
Reply Quote
56 Goblin Rogue
Could be the tanking sword from Naxx 40. It has the same model as slayer of the lifeless. It's probably his cool-kid costume.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
That would be The Hungering Cold, the same model as Slayer of the Lifeless.
Edited by Zej on 4/9/2011 6:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]