Need more Women on WOW

85 Night Elf Death Knight
The Topic says it all, we need more women to play wow and to lead guilds, i find that they are more relaxed and social than most non female led guilds. so if your a Female and want to start a Guild or have a Guild please post, as i am sure many people would love to join.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Climax--yeah! :D

I have met a lot of females who play this game AND run guilds... And, while I'm biased, I agree--female run guilds are the best way to go ;]
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Thank u Petuniae. I mean im in no way trying to say "men run guilds are bad" but i just find that ones run by women are wayyy more friendly and social. i dont know just my thought i guess. but hay Climax <-- nice to see we have at least one Female run guild :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I think this type of game attracts men more often than women in the teen and college years, but it creeps closer to 50/50 the older the demographics get. Our server has a rather high female population from what I can tell. Most are just smart enough to not want to lead anything :)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
It's a well known fact that women are better at changing diapers than men.

It's been awhile since my last change >.>
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
We have a rank just for the women in our guild. It's called the Ladies Lounge.

It has better cake than what is normally offered.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
OOB
A whole bunch of conjecture in this thread.

It's utterly false. The guilds are as they are made. If people want a social guild, hey let me give you a hint JOIN A SOCIAL GUILD.

You just want some girl to mooch up to imo.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Girls don't play wow :D
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I have to agree that "guilds are as they are made". I think it depends on the Gm and people as to the atmosphere of the guild. I have been in guilds, both male and female, that are very relaxed. Yes Yume, girls play wow. I have been Online gaming since 1998. I started in Ultima Online. Two rl marriages came out of that guild, none of us knowing each other beforehand. I still keep contact with many ladies I gamed with in times past. But for a female relaxed guild, I am Founder of Sovereign and female. But beware, as like men, I take no crap or Drama.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I think you missed the joke.
Yume, this is where you come back with "I'm kinda a big deal."
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
My current guild is led by a husband-wife duo, and it's a blast. But, the atmosphere of a guild, as was stated in Breyah's comment, depends on not only the GM(s), but also the attitudes of everybody in the guild. I've considered leading a guild of my own before, and tried on my original server, but it never took off (due to a horribly low population/bad attitudes of all alliance to begin with). While the guild I'm in right now is really fun, has great camaraderie, and really good people, I've also been in two female-run guilds previously (not mentioning names here, because that's just crappy), that were ok at the beginning, and then got freakin' horrendous. I don't blame the female GM entirely, it was more of a bad group-atmosphere, and the GM did nothing about it. In the first guild, the GM fostered that kind of attitude. The second one, the GM gkicked everyone one day, and then packed up and server transferred with all the GB lewtz.

As a female who plays WoW, I'm here to have fun just like anyone else. I'm also incredibly competitive. I find myself floating from guild to guild most of the time because when drama crap or attitudes get out of hand, I jump ship, because I don't put up with it. I have a feeling if I was GM of a guild, I would rule with an iron fist... And I don't know if many people would like that :x
Edited by Shaetheryn on 4/12/2011 8:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I’m a female and the GM of a guild, I wouldn’t say I rule with an iron fist but I definitely don’t take crap from people, I don’t tolerate people breaking the rules and my guild is thankful for that, it helps everything run smoothly. The guild just started heavily recruiting as a leveling guild when Cata launched and even with 800+ members I'd like to think we are all friends and are pretty tightly knit! We have some guild drama but that is to be expected with any guild but generally everyone gets along.

I feel like females that run guilds are a lot more lax then female officers in guilds, from experience I find females in officer positions tend to be very power hungry and generally mean.
Edited by Kaayleigh on 4/12/2011 10:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
OOB
See, the girls are coming out and saying they are no nonsense kinda ladies.

Like I said, OP wants an object to mooch about.

Untold Darkness was a guild led by husband/wife I was in and we all were pretty much like an online family but time in online settings passes faster than when you step away from a keyboard.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/12/2011 07:50 AMPosted by Onoes
"I'm kinda a big deal."

This topic is to serious for bad jokes ><
Reply Quote
84 Gnome Mage
wild women... wild women... they rippin and the tearin... they rippin and the tearin...
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Climax--yeah! :D

I have met a lot of females who play this game AND run guilds... And, while I'm biased, I agree--female run guilds are the best way to go ;]

Truth!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
If we're gonna order a new shipment of women, can we atleast make them all worgen?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
we talking women in general or attractive women?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
OOB
See, the girls are coming out and saying they are no nonsense kinda ladies.

Like I said, OP wants an object to mooch about.

Untold Fate was a guild led by husband/wife I was in and we all were pretty much like an online family but time in online settings passes faster than when you step away from a keyboard.

Fixed?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]