Help Your Realm Improve

85 Troll Shaman
Ah! Clever plan Kirlan. Infiltrate the beast disguised as a fellow dragon, sneak in under the ruse of friendship. One thing leads to another, 2 or 3 batches of brood and a failed marriage later and BAM! you've defeated Deathwing. I support this plan.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Our world is feeling pretty nice right now, I have to say.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
AGB
Sorry for the late response......3 dollar bills are gay.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
If Deathwing's marriage doesn't work out he can crash at my place. That sandstone hussie isn't allowed anywhere near my house and i got caller id so we're not picking up the phone either. We don't need her coming around yelling "you got money for colossal steel body armor,but aint got no moneys for yo babies".
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
LOL^
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
-
Don't Feed Trolls. Don't tip beggars but help noobs to the realm get professions to help themselves make gold the way they know how.

Down with < Harassment Authority > . . . Every member of this guild is on my ignore list. :P If they were banned Shu' Halo would most surely be a better place.

Project Name: Project Realm Peace

- Project Purpose: To create a less hostile, more realistic approach to realm-wide PvP.

- Project Goal: Create a treaty for the Horde and Alliance to try to be inclined to not attack fellow players who are accidentally flagged or are flagged from bg's ect. and heading into raid instances.

Edited by Jeßica on 4/25/2011 3:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
..because we know the people who are flagged by mistake.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Operation Average Joe

Problem: Currently, the server holds a very large gap between two kinds of raiding guilds, semi-hardcore and progressive. Semi-hardcore guilds get things done. They progress quickly and efficiently, but their schedules are very strict and carry a Zero Tolerance on a thing called Life. Progressive guilds are very lenient and understanding, but that includes letting anyone into their roster, and not being strict enough on people who get out of hand for any reason. That said, I myself do not fit into these two guild requirements. I am a very wise, knowledgeable, and skilled player, but because of work, school, and family, I cannot always meet strict attendance, and I must say my work makes me very unreliable. I am an average Joe, and Shu'halo leaves me floating in limbo, cruising in the capitals, nothing to do. In my 4 years of Warcraft I have met hundreds of players who have relayed to me the same problem. Where are they now? They have all slowly but surely stopped playing.

Goal: I would love to see top guilds on our server, both Horde and Alliance, come together and each have a special raid group that is lenient towards the traditional Joe and Jane the plumber. This will not mean that they will be included and be reserved a spot in your hardcore raid team, but simply that they have a chance, whenever they are on, to go raiding with other peers that KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Projection: I actually do not see this as becoming possible, but I just wanted to bring to attention the seclusion of high, end raid guilds and their members respectively, and separation of classes. (No pun intended) Embrace your community people, embrace the annoying trade chat, embrace the level 6 goldshire'ens. We are part of one family, connected together through a great game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Operation Average Joe

Problem: Currently, the server holds a very large gap between two kinds of raiding guilds, semi-hardcore and progressive. Semi-hardcore guilds get things done. They progress quickly and efficiently, but their schedules are very strict and carry a Zero Tolerance on a thing called Life. Progressive guilds are very lenient and understanding, but that includes letting anyone into their roster, and not being strict enough on people who get out of hand for any reason. That said, I myself do not fit into these two guild requirements. I am a very wise, knowledgeable, and skilled player, but because of work, school, and family, I cannot always meet strict attendance, and I must say my work makes me very unreliable. I am an average Joe, and Shu'halo leaves me floating in limbo, cruising in the capitals, nothing to do. In my 4 years of Warcraft I have met hundreds of players who have relayed to me the same problem. Where are they now? They have all slowly but surely stopped playing.

Goal: I would love to see top guilds on our server, both Horde and Alliance, come together and each have a special raid group that is lenient towards the traditional Joe and Jane the plumber. This will not mean that they will be included and be reserved a spot in your hardcore raid team, but simply that they have a chance, whenever they are on, to go raiding with other peers that KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Projection: I actually do not see this as becoming possible, but I just wanted to bring to attention the seclusion of high, end raid guilds and their members respectively, and separation of classes. (No pun intended) Embrace your community people, embrace the annoying trade chat, embrace the level 6 goldshire'ens. We are part of one family, connected together through a great game.

Unless "raiders" has died out that's where you should look when you think you are ready to go at 85 but can't make a set schedule. Seeing as this is shu'halo and the only "PuG" I know/knew of that went anywhere was run by Chaosen and Trinidi(I think) which seemed to just be their 2 guilds raiding together and filling in where necessary, I doubt that that channel is even still used to PuG.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Last I heard, while it is still sorta used for that, its mostly become a social channel.
Also from what I've heard (not been in it in ages now) you are about as likely to get a quality player or scrub from trade as you are the raiders channel (assuming we are talking about the Horde one). Which pretty much means ya might as well just hit up trade.

Operation Average Joe

Honestly, network, and find people to pug with. I mean, how long would you last on any team of any sort if you can't commit to their raid schedule/game schedule, etc? I mean, would you go to a ball diamond and post "wish these softball teams would include those of us who may or may not be able to show up on game days" on a bulletin board (I used to play on a softball team ok, so bare with me)? Fact is, any video game or sport or other past time that consists of some sort of organization require time commitments from participants. If you can't make it, you don't get to play. At least with raiding you at least still have a chance if you can round up some people. Success or failure is up to that group. Since you've made hundreds of friends, its likely you still know some who could in fact help form a non-fail PuG.

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Thank you guys for the input. You are correct, Trade Chat is a viable option, but it is simply a game of chance and I could end up wasting my precious time (not saying that in a selfish way.)
You mentioned making connections so that if there's ever an opening for a pug I can be called in, wouldn't it be even better being in a wonderful guild that has me as a viable option when someone is absent? That is what I was trying to explain. But any who I don't even know what I'm talking about, I just wanted a chance at the 10 grand haha.

(Goes trolling trade chat for PuGs)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Tri, this is a good idea. I have been having a lot of thoughts about this my self, i know i toll some times too. but thats just out of boredom, and not all the time.
And this realm, since cata we had more adults /gamequit and a lot more kids join unfortunatly =/

I was thinking, about whats Shiftwalker said, and we should ask Blizzard to make a channel, where you have to take an IQ test to get into a channel/dungeon. And not one of those stupid one either with questions like "Should you stand in the fire?"
No, more of a "In the Ascended Council encounter, what buff should you get when Terestra casts quake?"
or some thing along that line, because some times, the stupidity of wow trade chat is unbearable some times.

But i believe an IQ test about WoW/RL smarts would be a great thing to add to a "secret awesome channel for the cool kids of WoW"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thank you for the suggestions and support.

On another note, Arnathis' Tol Barad group has been doing very well and obtained yet another swift victory tonight. These runs seem to have lifted the Alliances self-esteem and we now see the faction attempting and holding TB much more often. A nice step towards a balanced gameplay experience between factions, well done and thank you to those who participate.
Edited by Trihara on 5/25/2011 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by projects, but I think it would be enjoyable if we set up weekly mini "battles" between the two factions, for example, have a set location and do a 20v20 (or whatever size_) battle and whichever side is wiped out first, loses, there could be prize money involved. This may not be what you're looking for but I still believe this is a good idea.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I have not one but TWO project ideas. One will be detailed on a separate forum post entitled The Great Equalization Project. The second will be detailed here.

Project Name: Shu'halo Community Service - Tol Barad

Project Purpose: To clean up the unsightly debris and trash in Tol Barad and Tol Barad Peninsula.

Project Goal: To provide Shu'halo with a more attractive Tol Barad, which we can showcase to new level 85s, our various factions, and anyone who might randomly xfer to our realm. A cleaner Tol Barad will benefit us all!

Gold requested: 10,000g

Tired of seeing unsightly skeletal remains on roads, in gardens, and everywhere else in Tol Barad? This project is for you. With 10,000 gold, I will purchase a street sweeper, some orange vests, and a port-o-potty for the crew to use while in there. These items will be left for whichever faction controls Tol Barad (the key will be under the floor mat). Volunteer coordinators for each faction will be appointed, and the controlling faction will clear the detrius left over post battle. If volunteers are lacking, various offending persons for each faction can be sentenced to community service in Tol Barad to clear their records. If there is gold left over, perhaps Problim can be hired to drive the street sweeper, or we can buy some traps for all those damned foxes. Think of the Shu'Halo community pride and faction building this will bring!

What does your gold buy? 1. Satisfaction. 2. A cleaner, nicer Tol Barad. 3. A plaque on the street sweeper noting the kind donation by either Trihara or The Millennion. 4. The joy on a little ally child's face as she gets to play in a clean, well-swept, fox-free Tol Barad. 5. My thanks.

Don't Let Tol Barad Down! I'll come to you to get the gold.

So what'd you spend your gold on after, cotton?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Why thank you for asking Mix. I didn't have much left after Trihara insisted on "holding back" money for the plaque, and then the neutral auction house took its usual bite. Then I went on an unfortunate noggenfogger bender which left me virtually penniless. However, I have been trying to clean up TB a bit anyways. I think its working.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Project: Stop AH botters

Solution: Large mounts on mail box

I can't claim that I came up with this idea, asthe rant @Tiffany earlier in the Shu'Halo forums clearly show. The idea is a simple solution to some of theAH botters here though. Simply get out youur biggest mount anytime you are waiting on a que. Take said mount to the closest mailbox to the AH and stand there. If the Org/SW box is already covered, pop on over to the next city to cover a box while waiting on a que. A couple months of this activity should drive the botters to a more mailbox freindly server.

Cost: 10,000

Reason for cost: Turned player grief into community improvement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]