Lack of Community, let's fix that!

So, the server I came from used to be a pretty close-knit server. The guilds talked with eachother a lot, helped eachother out with boss strats, had a very active server forum, and just a general warm sense of community (well until the Beckwins of the world ruined it, but that's another story).

I've noticed that the community here isn't bad more malicious or anything, but rather just... non-existent. No one really knows who anyone else unless they've been in guild with them, or if they're in Pure. So... let's fix it. Starting with this thread, make this forum more interesting to read than another "Guild ABC is recruiting XYZ classes!"

I'll start, I'm Aggathon. I know it says Irylath, but even though this warlock is my main now, I still kinda view Aggathon as my identity. I am an active poster on tankspot and like to think I helped out a lot of tanks during WotLK. I raided pretty high end raiding with a guild called Roll Initiative during the second have of WotLK and got all sorts of fun achievements like Celestial Defender and Grand Crusader. I've since toned down how much I play, and actually took a break for a while. When I decided to come back but in a casual setting, Terrabite welcomed me into <No Drama> (great guild with great people, by the way). I still talk to ND members a lot, but me and some real life friends elected to make our own 10 man guild, and thusly here we are!

In my personal life, I'm a senior in electrical engineering at Kansas University, ready to graduate and get out in the real world!

So anyways, who are you? How'd you end up on this server? Feel free to send me a tell in game, I spend a lot of time just kinda sitting in stormwind wishing trade chat was at least a little more exciting (the quality of the trolls here is pretty poor, part of me misses watching a good troll roll through trade chat =P ).

I feel like things like the LFD system and other factors has really led to the killing of the WoW community that I used to love. Let's start it back up on this server.

That and I'm really bored right now and want something to do.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
meh i'm to lazy to really hop on my alliance ton atm so i'll just post here <.<

Sup dudes I'm Gabranth aka Rage/runicbar I first started playing back when BC was just coming out and this server opend. I made my first toon (rouge) but i got kinda bored with it after lvl 3. so i deleated him and decided hey lets try a warrior!

Thus forth i made my warrior "Sorathelight". it was a great lvling experience, learning how the internet community worked. social networking and the socal aspect of making friends. my first real Buddie i made here was "Genki" he was a good friend an provided me with a lot of help during my early stages of BC.

I'm not much of the poster on Tankspot or mmo-champions or other sites like that, but on my spare time when wow is down on maintenance or stuff like that i search those sites for something to look at, maybe i might need help here with a certain spec or a certain class specific idea etc...

Other then that I'm leveling this horde toon since all my buds quit playin and split :'(
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Hello I'm Kelvarnan, I made this character because I like Dwarves and Hunter was the first class it was on so...w/e, did a Random name...Kelvarnan... w/e, "Enter World"

I used to post a lot on WoW forums, but lost interest since most threads are more QQ and less Socializing.

I used to have a lot of friends, but sadly they either quit or transfer... or moved to another guild and forgotten about me =(

I got to admit, I'm probably 67% the reason why Antonidas Forums look dead...

I stole Rivendare's Cookie

And I /cheer at Paladins when they bubble (IDK why, but it's probably makes me feel good knowing that a pally had to bubble in a fight against me)

All in all, some people consider me to be a nice person, as long you don't rage in a BG with me around, I turn into Dr.Kelv then...(Dr.Phil reference)

"nibbles on cheese"
Edited by Kelvarnan on 4/11/2011 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Unfortunatly i believe that the cata changes to guilds achievment system for raids and such have somewhat secluded guilds from one another. I remember in wrath we had alot of large guilds getting together to run icc 25m heroics but since cata was release, its dead quiet, no more pug anything to speak of, except Baradin Hold.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Gonna have to agree with actioncat on this one. I used to put together a lot of icc25 pugs, and it got me to know a lot of different people. And its sad because you want to go into a nice social environment of a guild, and not because of progression/what level the guild is. Some won't agree, but I see it that way anyways.

Hi, I'm Cider :)

I play wow when I'm not studying for my rn degree. I'm a laid back person, and don't get ticked off easily.

I like long walks on the beach with trolls.. and frozen fruity drinks with small umbrellas in them.
I'm a raidaholic.
And dislike pvp to some degree.
Reply Quote
Why hello there everyone! Nice to meet y'all.

04/11/2011 06:31 PMPosted by Kelvarnan
I used to post a lot on WoW forums, but lost interest since most threads are more QQ and less Socializing.

Man, this is soooo truueeeee

Unfortunatly i believe that the cata changes to guilds achievment system for raids and such have somewhat secluded guilds from one another. I remember in wrath we had alot of large guilds getting together to run icc 25m heroics but since cata was release, its dead quiet

This happened a fair amount on my old server, actually the server first H-TLK10 man kill was a PuG. However, I think Cata content overall is just harder, which I do like. I thought it was a little dumb that you could go 7/12 ICC normal without anyone coordinating with eachother in vent.

I like long walks on the beach with trolls.. and frozen fruity drinks with small umbrellas in them.
I'm a raidaholic.
And dislike pvp to some degree.

Same here! I used to PvP a lot. I got duelist in S2 on my warlock and S5 on my warrior (both times in 2s with a holy pally), but S6 on just made me nerd rage too much and I stopped doing any PvP.

I turn into Dr.Kelv then...(Dr.Phil reference)

I don't get this reference

"nibbles on cheese"

I like this though =P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
04/11/2011 08:31 PMPosted by Actioncat
Unfortunatly i believe that the cata changes to guilds achievment system for raids and such have somewhat secluded guilds from one another. I remember in wrath we had alot of large guilds getting together to run icc 25m heroics but since cata was release, its dead quiet, no more pug anything to speak of, except Baradin Hold.

I disagree. It wasn't the guild changes, but the so called "flexible" raid lockout that killed PuGs. While you could have a small guild and PuG a 25 man on the weekend while running a 10 man along the week, this is no longer the case. Since most guilds have fallen to a strict 10 man raiding environment, there's nothing else to pug.

Also, the fact that the current PVE tier is no pushover compared to what the previous ones in Wrath were was no help either.

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I'm not sure threads on the WoW forums were ever 'less QQ and more socializing.' If anything, I think this is generally the most civilized I have ever seen them, although that is basically because it's all Guild Recruitment posts now.

I don't think the pug raiding community being rendered barren has anything to do with achievements -- what progression achievements even matter besides the one that gets you access to buying the dark phoenix, which itself will diminish in perceived value over time, the more people have it? -- so much as the fact that 10man raiding is now considered viable and legitimate by Blizzard, and everybody who plays semi-regularly and isn't a huge troglodyte probably has a circle of friends they enjoy playing with. Since the groups are more tight-knit, and easier to maintain a standard for (no more 'a third of my guild is subpar and only brought because I can't do 25mans with 18 people'), there's less bitterness, and less concern for someone else's progression once your group has established its pace. So less drama. Only the top guild & Friends really cares about the top guild.

Well, that and the fact that raiding isn't as easy as it was in LK.

I'm actually a Gnome Death Knight (the best kind of Death Knight), but I pretend to be a druid on this server because the people I raid with cried and were like OMG WE NEED A DRUID HOW WILL WE EVER GET ONE.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I'm actually a Gnome Death Knight (the WORST kind of Death Knight)

fixt.

I'm racist against gnomes, just thought you should know that.

I don't really buy the whole "well PuGs are gone and there went the community" argument, because on my other server, Maelstrom, the community was strongest in TBC where there weren't that many PuGs. Certainly not as many as in WotLK at least. Granted part of that might have been the Role-Playing culture linked up a lot of people in raiding guilds that wanted to role play too. I never personally really got into roleplaying, but it was an RP-PvP server (nothing quite like ganking a naked couple in darkshire).

I do kind of buy the "10 man guilds mean people don't HAVE to interact with more people," argument though.
Reply Quote
Oops, wrong toon, but ya, I = Aggathon.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
04/13/2011 08:02 AMPosted by Irylath
I don't get this reference

What????

Dr.Phil

the TV show, Come onnnnn!

04/13/2011 08:02 AMPosted by Irylath
I like this though =P

=)

04/13/2011 11:18 AMPosted by Gnanika
I'm actually a Gnome Death Knight (the best kind of Death Knight)

IMO, the only good Death Knight, is a dead Death Knight. Unless I'm playing my Death Knight then all power to them. =p
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Hello, I'm Astarre and this is my main. I read several Wow-Insider Columns but rarely post on them and have never been to mmo champion unless it popped up in a google search (I.E. Where is the best place to farm runecloth?) I like to have heavily customized UI's and am currently using a compilation called RealUI from Wow-Interface

I am in school but don't want to release too much info about myself on the internet but I aim to be a veterinarian one day (seriously.)

I joined just after the TBC but quit soon after when we moved to rural Alaska, we could only get dial-up out there so I wasn't able to come back until we moved to the City (which was just before Cata yay!). I still feel like I'm new to this game although I guess I can't be called a n00b anymore.

I would love to PvP but I'm holding it off for a while, not sure why maybe just till I reach 85, I really like to pvp too.

I aim to get each and every single achievement possible.

When I came back I joined the first server it suggested for me which was Dentarg, a nightmare of a server with just .... a filthy trade chat all the time and QQ about elitists in Area 52 and characters with names like Stoolsamples, yuck! So I server hopped for a while leveling different chars till I came to an RP Server, leveled a char to 65 then realized there was only one raiding guild. I rerolled to a nice server with great people but after a day of leveling I found out it was EST and I'm on Pacific so I quit that, (Why ASK for lag?) Tired of server hopping and sick of horde leveling grounds I came to Antonidas and decided it was good enough. Truth is I kind of like this server and would love to help it grow into a nicer and maybe more hordish community ;) - although a balance of both makes for good pvp.

Sorry for the wall of text :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Hello, I'm Astarre and this is my main. I read several Wow-Insider Columns but rarely post on them and have never been to mmo champion unless it popped up in a google search (I.E. Where is the best place to farm runecloth?) I like to have heavily customized UI's and am currently using a compilation called RealUI from Wow-Interface

I am in school but don't want to release too much info about myself on the internet but I aim to be a veterinarian one day (seriously.)

I joined just after the TBC but quit soon after when we moved to rural Alaska, we could only get dial-up out there so I wasn't able to come back until we moved to the City (which was just before Cata yay!). I still feel like I'm new to this game although I guess I can't be called a n00b anymore.

I would love to PvP but I'm holding it off for a while, not sure why maybe just till I reach 85, I really like to pvp too.

I aim to get each and every single achievement possible.

When I came back I joined the first server it suggested for me which was Dentarg, a nightmare of a server with just .... a filthy trade chat all the time and QQ about elitists in Area 52 and characters with names like Stoolsamples, yuck! So I server hopped for a while leveling different chars till I came to an RP Server, leveled a char to 65 then realized there was only one raiding guild. I rerolled to a nice server with great people but after a day of leveling I found out it was EST and I'm on Pacific so I quit that, (Why ASK for lag?) Tired of server hopping and sick of horde leveling grounds I came to Antonidas and decided it was good enough. Truth is I kind of like this server and would love to help it grow into a nicer and maybe more hordish community ;) - although a balance of both makes for good pvp.

Sorry for the wall of text :)

All i have to say is wan do 2s when were both 85? :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Hi I'm Khaotik and I've been trolling these forums for 2 years. I've been on this server the entire length of my subscription. I've been a part of Forsaken since BC, and I obtained the GM position at the end of WoTLK.

I only started seriously Pvping during season 8 where I ran KFC (which was terrible at the time) to about 2k. Then got an awful Ele shaman and made it to 2.3k.

I enjoy Pvp and Pve equally, and I think many Pve players underestimate the significance of Pvp in regards to Pve content. Almost every Pvper that I've brought into a raid instance has never stood in fire. Quick reaction time, keybinding, and various other skills typical in Pvp do make a difference.

To each their own.
Reply Quote
86 Human Priest
poop
Reply Quote
Excellent Contribution Cookie.

The problem I've had with PvPers in PvE (Stereotypically) is that they often times have attention spans that are too short for sustained PvE-ness. Otherwise they're typically fine. I've know a lot of players that were excellent in both PvE and PvP, it does exist!

I also know a lot of awesome PvE-ers that suck at PvP, lol. I think that comes from that a lot of PvEers only know their class, whereas more often, PvPers also know what other classes can do to them.

I guess it kinda goes both ways.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
04/14/2011 04:46 PMPosted by Irylath
I guess it kinda goes both ways.

/lick
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

I enjoy Pvp and Pve equally, and I think many Pve players underestimate the significance of Pvp in regards to Pve content. Almost every Pvper that I've brought into a raid instance has never stood in fire. Quick reaction time, keybinding, and various other skills typical in Pvp do make a difference.

To each their own.

This... totaly agree with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hi I'm Kriev(may also know me as that asshat Farith) And i like abusing Mind Control. Its a major reason i reason I rerolled. Sometimes i kill with it, sometimes i make friends with it. That and healing is a nice change of pace. You'll likely see me running around TB with a few random people picking fights.

I help random people when i get bored, sometimes even alliance. I Constantly give gold and other valuables to my few remaining friends still playing WoW even though they try to object.

I hate male gnomes, the female ones are cute, but the male ones anger me by their existence. I felt i had to mention this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]