Lack of Community, let's fix that!

90 Orc Rogue
I know it sounds kinda beating a dead dog, but In regard to bad PuGs I blame Wrath more than LFG.

Where else would tanks "learn" that the initial pull must be followed by their strongest AoE? Only to find themselves dead in 0,5 sec because the priest can't spam overpowered Flash Heals while staring at the ceiling...

Now 4.1 is coming and bringing in 2 "brand new" Magister's Terrace.

Brace yourselves.
Edited by Sinistro on 4/23/2011 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Speaking as a player who doesn't have a lot of time to socialize I think the LFG tool is wonderful I just think the community needs time to adapt to it, like how we are trying to do. When it comes to a community the more you put in - the more you get out of it :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Good idea on this thread Agg. I had the pleasure of being in a pug raid you led a week back. Had fun and it was well organized :-)

I'm a biology major looking to transfer to southern California in the next year. I currently work at the family business which is in the commercial solar industry. I used to be a personal trainer and nutritionist but quit that to go to school for some more learning :-)

I love ferrets and have a youtube channel of my "sillies" and also have been trying to teach myself machinima in my spare time, I use it to attempt to get my guild's name out there a bit more. (youtube.com/guildblazon).

I run a guild with my co-GM, ßear/ßearadin. We are also some of the raid leaders in the guild. I love to just jump on and hang out in vent with my guildies or secretly try to help people asking for help in trade. (I don't know why I do that btw, sometimes I regret it!)
I'm really introverted, but I always try not to be. I'm always happy to chat, but I love observing as well. I find a lot of the time that some quiet time working on back office stuff such as the guild website is nice for some downtime.

ßear and I hail originally from Eitrigg, but in search of a new home to start our guild we visited Fizzcrank and Blade's Edge for a couple of weeks each in search of a crowd that could help us start up the guild we wanted. When we started up our guild on Antonidas nearly 2 years ago, we found a lot of receptive people who were happy learning the ropes of starting a guild with us. These people are now great friends and I'm happy we made the move. I have a question though, is it just me or are there a lot of troubled children in trade on this server versus others?

If you need a group to do a random with, you're bored, need help with Resto shamans, or anything else, please give me a nudge in game or come sit on the bank steps in the dwarven dist with me :-D
Edited by Nimiane on 4/25/2011 2:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hmm just noticed this thread today. I guess since I'm the one that brought Aggathon/Irylath to this server I might as well post. I'm Terra. I'm a Chief Technology Officer for a managed service provider company in the Houston area and I have a Masters in IT Security. (By the way, get your authenticators. Well worth the investment).

I ended up on this server because my friend who introduced me to the game was here. Since his name was Aquaelf and associated with the water, I figured I would be associated with land and Terraelf was my original toon. Since then I've bene known as Terra for short and all my toon names start with "Terra".

I'm the GM of No Drama, which was formed amongst me and a group of the people I played with most who split off from Obsidian when there was a sizable group of us that needed a different raid time than what Obsidian ran. We've worked create a persona as a guild that is consistent with our name.

I often visit the tankspot shoutbox (that's how I met Aggathon/Irylath) to share ideas and knowledge with raid leaders and tanks from other servers and factions.

I'm an altoholic of the worst kind and a multi-boxer. I might not ever be the fastest to level cap when a new expansion comes out, but I'm fairly certain I'm the first one to have multiple toons to level cap since that's how I level them up. I'm rocking 20 level 85 toons on this server right now (1 for each class and faction) and I don't plan on having any more. Only 5 of these toons are outfitted to raid and I'm often looking for a pug group of one sort or another on the weekends.
Edited by Terrabite on 4/25/2011 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/14/2011 12:14 PMPosted by Ccookiee
poop

well said
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/14/2011 12:14 PMPosted by Ccookiee
poop

well said
,I had no idea No Drama was formed from players from Obsidian..still miss that guild glad to be in a guild now that has former members/ GL of Obsidian, wondering how many other guilds were formed by players from Obsidian.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Addendum:

I realized I hadn't included any actual factoids of the man behind the moo cow.

I hold a Bachelors in Molecular and Cellular Biology and Biochemistry. I've recently graduated with a Master's in Biochemistry where I studied the impact of arsenic on allergic signaling pathways.

Starting a job soon here in Maine in scientific industry.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I live with my mom and my pet turtle, Tim.

Most days i just play wow but on Wednesdays I give Tim a bath and on Sundays I drive my mom to the mall to get her hair washed.

Sometimes people look at me weird because I am 38 and still live with my mom but they do not know that I am a powerful rogue and also if I didn't live with my mom she wouldn't have a ride to the mall on Sundays
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Is she hot?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
04/26/2011 03:17 PMPosted by Sinistro
Is she hot?

tim is a male turtle and i made his tank very nice so that he will never get too hot or too cold.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Nice defense mechanisms. I bet she is.

Pics?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4716/petturtle.jpg
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
rawr hi.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Welp, I guess I should introduce myself too since Agg is my irl gay lover.

I'm Healana, healer extraordinair. I migrated here a few months ago from Maelstrom when Agg forced me to start playing wow again. I've been playing for way too long, and every time I try to quit he inevitably brings me back.

I recently graduated from KU with a bachelors in Psychology and now I work at KU Medical Center as a lab manager in an addiction lab. I'm planning on going to grad school to get a doctorate degree in neuroscience but right now I'm enjoying being done with school, so I don't know how much time off I'll be taking. I play a multitude of sports, like Soccer (striker), Basketball (traditional point guard), and Beer Drinking (Guinness). And the Green teletubbie is my favorite.

So, if anyone is bored, or needs a healer, or just wants to talk send me a tell. I don't actually do anything when I'm online. Oh, the funky e in my name is alt 131 or something (you may have to figure that out for on your own, sorry!)
Reply Quote
04/23/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Sinistro
2 "brand new" Magister's Terrace.

this would be worth it just to read trade chat exploding about Glaive Throw

You cannot do that while stunned.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
/dance
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Brace yourselves, I sharted.

Oh Sin <3
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Want more community?
Disband all non-purposeful guilds, and form one large entity of awesomeness.

Why that will never happen: Blizzard implementedguild xp lvl caps, and rep.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Hunter
I guess I waited long enough to reply. I figured this thread would be worth resurrecting at some point :)

I'm an Assistant Technical Director/Director of Training for a multinational protective coatings manufacturer (spell check FTW!!) I work primarily with Blast/Ballistic mitigation technology. I started playing WoW just as 3.1 hit. For the record, I wish ToC never hit the servers and in retrospect I would have gladly went from Ulduar straight to ICC. I like drinking beer and killing Rogues. Nuff said!

I started Playing Wow during a 1 year project that kept me far from home. In truth WoW probably kept me out of jail( insert chinesse gold farmers forced to play WoW in prison joke here). I had two IRL friends that were in Obsidian just prior to No Drama so that's how I ended up on a Seattle server even though I live in the South East. I'm the type of DPS hoar that nerd rages when peeps faceroll the boss and ignore the adds/mechanics. My main goal in Wow is to convince people that recount is actually called "Ezayzol" since that's what the top bar says :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]