Amnesty - Beware of Abercrombiee

89 Human Paladin
Just a public warning to avoid any raids run by Abercrombiee of the guild Amnesty. I was in a 25-man Baradin Hold run tonight and was the only holy paladin. He gave the holy pvp legs to a ret pally.

Coincidentally, he was the only warrior in the group and did the run in pvp gear, pulling less than 9000 dps.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Someone's butt hurt? Less QQ more pew pew
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I'm sure that piece would help your 1400 arena team. You don't deserve the pvp weapon either :P
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
I've heard that some people's PVE roles are different from their PVP's. Can someone tell me if this is true?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/11/2011 10:01 PMPosted by Shedari
I've heard that some people's PVE roles are different from their PVP's. Can someone tell me if this is true?

No... it couldn't be true... could it?
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
Any time I've thrown together a pug raid, I've had people declare the spec they're rolling on (if it's not the spec they're running). That includes pvp gear in Vault or BH.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
As a general rule, never expect people to adhere to present spec when it comes to rolling on gear, especially in a 25-man raid.

And if you want to try and get a lock on that stuff, talk to the people who share your class or cross-class PvP gear before the killing actually starts, so everyone's on the same page (I know, communication is so difficult). Don't like the idea of rets rolling on holy legs when you still need 'em, and dude won't agree to stick to spec? Leave. Find another raid that'll more closely match the loot rules you're looking for. You only have yourself to blame in this situation.

'course, it's another matter entirely if he arbitrarily awarded the legs without a fair roll or anything. At least at that point you'd have a feasible argument.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
04/12/2011 06:43 AMPosted by Millar
Any time I've thrown together a pug raid, I've had people declare the spec they're rolling on (if it's not the spec they're running). That includes pvp gear in Vault or BH.

Maybe you should lead the raid from now on, then?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
04/12/2011 04:24 AMPosted by Dragonfury

Unpossible
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/12/2011 09:50 AMPosted by Ikestorm

Unpossible

<3 Ike!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As a general rule, never expect people to adhere to present spec when it comes to rolling on gear, especially in a 25-man raid.

And if you want to try and get a lock on that stuff, talk to the people who share your class or cross-class PvP gear before the killing actually starts, so everyone's on the same page (I know, communication is so difficult). Don't like the idea of rets rolling on holy legs when you still need 'em, and dude won't agree to stick to spec? Leave. Find another raid that'll more closely match the loot rules you're looking for. You only have yourself to blame in this situation.

'course, it's another matter entirely if he arbitrarily awarded the legs without a fair roll or anything. At least at that point you'd have a feasible argument.

oh kaezin :)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I always liked these rules.

If you are last on dps meters you dont get crap
If you are the low healer you dont get crap
If your job is to dispel and the raid takes more ticks than they should, dont get crap

Makes people actually do work.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/24/2011 08:54 PMPosted by Hugsalotbear

Since when do healing meters matter?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

That statement indicates you don't know a whole lot about healing. The only meter that would hold any meaning is overhealing, and even that is situational. The only effect of your mindless idea is overhealing and mana inefficiency.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/26/2011 11:10 AMPosted by Ivanetta

Since when do healing meters matter?

I suppose since terribad DPS started rerolling healers in order to get into raids. Or as a lot of people call it "Wrath".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just a public warning to avoid any raids run by Abercrombiee of the guild Amnesty. I was in a 25-man Baradin Hold run tonight and was the only holy paladin. He gave the holy pvp legs to a ret pally.

Coincidentally, he was the only warrior in the group and did the run in pvp gear, pulling less than 9000 dps.

Bringing this back on topic, awarding a piece of PvP gear to someone is not wrong, nor against the rules, real or unwritten. Since you failed to mention winning a roll but not receiveing loot, I will presume that you did not win a roll. There was no ninja or anything else like it. The forums are a place for taunting, boasting and advertising, not slander.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
04/26/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Eilassaria
The forums are a place for taunting, boasting and advertising, not slander.

and quoting crap statistics implying causation due to correlation.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
04/11/2011 10:01 PMPosted by Shedari

UN Possible!!!

Screen shot for proof!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
04/26/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Eilassaria
The forums are a place for taunting, boasting and advertising, not slander.

You haven't been on these forums for very long, have you?

And man, do I have to blow up some faulty logic here...

I always liked these rules.

If you are last on dps meters you dont get crap
If your job is to dispel and the raid takes more ticks than they should, dont get crap

Assuming these rules, I present the following situation:
You have 3 rogues in your raid, all iLvl 346. These rogues do 15232, 14784, and 14667 DPS on a tank'n'spank (read: non-gimmicky) boss fight. No damage multipliers, no AoE DPS, just raw single-target DPS. All 3 of these values are on the high end of expectable rogue DPS for the presented gear level, and not the least bit sub-par.
By your "logic" the third place rogue is worthless. Sure, he performed very well, definitely above-average for his gear level, but simply because he couldn't eek out a few more random procs during the course of the fight, he ended up slightly under his peers, and is unworthy of loot. You could extend the argument to an entire raid and not just a single class, and have similarly high-performance raiders who just happened to get a little less lucky.

And if you say "Well, all the DPS is above expectations, so we can just ignore the rule." then why even have the rule in the first place? What happens if the entire raid (or all of one class) is on the low end instead? In that case, do you just melt all the loot instead of handing it out? Your "rule" just feels exceptionally arbitrary, and not the least bit thought-out. Honestly? It made my brain hurt.

In other words, this has been a "Kaezin is at the end of his workday and is reallyreallyreally bored waiting for the time to clock out" post. Also, hello Oipunxx.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]