WTB Incubus. No, not the terrible band.

85 Gnome Mage
I have to say Light Grenades was ok, but I like their old stuff as well. Morning View is my favorite music to relax to and S.C.I.E.N.C.E is pretty interesting as well if your into the whole metal thing. Ive also seen them play live several times and its been a great experience every time no matter what they play, thats mainly why I like them.

Im curious to see what Adolescence will be like to.

I have a pretty eclectic taste in music, but somehow most of Incubus' stuff never really appealed to me. The aforementioned songs mostly because I heard them at somewhat pivotal times in my life and enjoyed them.
85 Orc Warlock
WTB warlock demon name changes at the least a way to pick another randomized name for a warlocks pet!
100 Goblin Warlock
O_O

Whoa... very cool!
69 Undead Rogue
I think Zarhym just trolled you all. Demons are genderless, or only one gender.
85 Dwarf Shaman
I just peed a little bit.

04/14/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Zarhym
I'm happy to share we actually do have plans for offering players a choice between male and female versions of all warlock demons. This is a task already in our system, though I don't have a time frame for you at the moment. Other art tasks could always take precedence, but we're committed to making this happen. :)
90 Human Warlock
I'm happy to share we actually do have plans for offering players a choice between male and female versions of all warlock demons. This is a task already in our system, though I don't have a time frame for you at the moment. Other art tasks could always take precedence, but we're committed to making this happen. :)

How do you tell if a Felhunter or a Void Walker is male or female?
85 Goblin Mage
... Blizzard caring for fun cosmetic stuff?

The heresy!!!
85 Goblin Mage
On a serious note: I'm happy to see this and can really dust off my 70 lock for this sole reason!

While you add genders to our demons, can you throw in different colors and models too? Just like the variations that already exist in game.

Suggestion:
Make Enslave Demon something like Tame Pet! To complement that, you should add a npc next to the lock trainers on main cities, that do a stable service, so you can sort the demon types you enslaved and choose between them.
Edited by Divine on 4/14/2011 5:39 PM PDT
85 Gnome Warlock
Long question, but short answer:

In popular culture representations of this sort of creature, the female (succubus) tempts and seduces weak-willed mortals with her smokin' hot bod. The male (incubus) skips all the temptation business and simply forces himself upon unwilling mortals.

See the difference? One is a magically-induced embarrassment situation, and the other is a real-world crime. Bringing the first one into a game is silly and generally seen as harmless, the other strikes way, way too close to the bone for a fantasy game.

And yes, we kill people all the time in this game, which is also a real-world crime. Don't ask me why that's okay and this isn't, I'm not a sociology professor, despite my fetching monocle.

This

You are treating them as two separate demons when in fact they are all the same demon but only appear different due to the desires of their victims.

Also, seduction is part of the demons mode of operation regardless of form. Lore (not Blizzard but real world) has rarely shown incubi as forcing themselves on their victims. When it does, it is typically because the lore is being biased for some individual point that has nothing to do with the actual lore of the demon.

Ultimately, there are a number of things within this game that could be taken in a way that some group could find offensive. To that I say...deal with it or unsub. There is no room for political correctness to try to cover all possible contingencies and so it is simply better to ignore political correctness altogether.
85 Worgen Warrior
As long as you give us the option to choose between male and female. I'd rather you not force male warlocks to have a female succubus rather than allowing them to have an incubus. Perhaps a minor glyph that switches the sexes of all demons to the opposite of their baseline?
85 Worgen Warlock

Extremely curious how a female Felguard looks though

According to a quest I did in Icecrown, the current model can be female. It just has that deep voice.
90 Human Death Knight

Marry me.
85 Gnome Mage
04/14/2011 05:33 PMPosted by Maximusrex

How do you tell if a Felhunter or a Void Walker is male or female?

Same way you found out with bears in that quest in Zul'Drak.
100 Tauren Druid

Awesome. I just may roll a lock, now.
100 Human Warlock
Well, I'm hoping by this they also mean to include female meta forms, because I know female locks have been asking for the distinction when in meta form. But beside that, I think it's a little odd concept and I'm having a hard time imagining some of the forms, though I am hoping they'll be impressive.

Oh dear God! I just realized this. I could be Seduced by an incubus in PvP. Oh cruel, unmerciful God NO!!!
85 Gnome Mage
04/14/2011 05:55 PMPosted by Heliolord
Oh dear God! I just realized this. I could be Seduced by an incubus in PvP. Oh cruel, unmerciful God NO!!!

04/14/2011 05:03 PMPosted by Leslii
the ultimate victory will be using my MALE incubus to seduce sexually insecure males.

I'm leveling my warlock right now for this reason exactly.
85 Human Warlock
Eredar Twins model for female meta form y/y
85 Gnome Mage
04/14/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Villanelle
Eredar Twins model for female meta form y/y

Going by the regular meta form, it'd need to be more like a night elf female with horns and hooves.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]