WTB Incubus. No, not the terrible band.

85 Goblin Priest
04/12/2011 12:13 AMPosted by Mogey
if he's anything like Anders from Dragon Age 2, count me out.

But anders was so cute! minus his personality sucked... alot...
85 Draenei Death Knight
Honestly I have to call troll here. If you frequent these forums at all you have to know the chances of getting a serious post on this from players are slim to none.

On top: I have never heard of a male succubus. Just my .02 and i mean no disrespect to you or your lifestyle.

None taken, and I am no troll. I in fact rarely post anything on any forum whatsoever on this entire site. I normally just read, gather data, process it, and move on. I gain most of my wow data from mmo-champ and its crew, however. I come here for ideas from the community.

To answer your mystery, male Succubi are known as Incubi. Incubus for singluar, Incubi for the plural form.

They generally served the same purpose as the succubus did in religious texts and further folklore, only in situations where, generally, genders were reversed.

Why thank you. I would like to compliment your attitude, as well. So often on this forum when someone hears a disagreeing opinion, their reflex is to shout "troll!" and carry on with their rant. I appreciate you taking the time to read my thoughts as I have read yours :)

That said, I don't want to get seduced by a male demon either. But I do loves my succy ;)

Its good that someone is enjoying that model to its intent :D. And yes, sadly, the general capacity for intellectual debate seems low around these parts. I try to be as civil as possible when throwing out ideas, :D.
90 Undead Warlock
Succubi are monogendered, like Asari. I think Satyr are the same as well.

Kind of makes me wonder how Protoss reproduce.

There's a theory floating around that Succubi are the female half of the Dreadlords' species, but I think the terminology used in the Exodar's demon-hologram-tour shoots that down.

As for Saytrs, ogres, and a whole lot of other mobs, a female model may just never have been made, regardless of what lore suggests. "You just never see the females" is a really, really weak excuse, but it may end up being true in some cases down the line.

And I think Protoss are some kind of plant-based life form, maybe they... pollinate? O.o
85 Tauren Paladin
Does it have to be a seductive ability? The male demon could be like any nathrezim. An attempt to corrupt you, persuade you by offering power...wealth...concubines. A call to mind, and not so much the groin.
85 Draenei Shaman
Sounds good to me.
Likely? Probably not. But good nonetheless.
...he'll be a blood elf model, right?
You know...

I wouldn't mind having an Incubus under my complete control as an alternative.

...And I'm a woman.
mmmyes.
85 Goblin Shaman
I thought I saw a WoW comic on this something about "My wife's sick I'm her replacement for the day." with the warlock with a confused look.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
04/12/2011 12:20 AMPosted by Kaneka
...he'll be a blood elf model, right?

And have almost nothing on!? c:!?
90 Undead Warlock
04/12/2011 12:19 AMPosted by Mogey
Does it have to be a seductive ability? The male demon could be like any nathrezim. An attempt to corrupt you, persuade you by offering power...wealth...concubines. A call to mind, and not so much the groin.

HEY.

This guy's on to something. The demon (either gender, let's be fair) casts "Temptation", and the target freezes in place, little icons of money bags, purple swords, epic mounts, etc, swirling around their head for the duration.

Presto. Even less potentially offensive than the current succubus, and you could throw in a whole TON of jokes. Maybe dwarves hit by the spell just see tall, frosty mugs of beer.
85 Tauren Paladin
Can they be worgen instead? ruff! *scruffles hair*
85 Draenei Death Knight
04/12/2011 12:19 AMPosted by Mogey

Thats actually a very powerful suggestion. I give this my full backing. In fact, this could be the answer to the only point in my argument that I hadnt fully found a solution to. See, I wouldnt know how to correct the obvious issue that the Succubus, being female, would obviously seduce physically and appeal sexually. The male version is wonderful. An appeal to power and wealth, a seduction of the mind, ego and wallet. Men, and some ladies, other weaknesses!

Kudos to you sir.
85 Tauren Paladin
04/12/2011 12:22 AMPosted by Scuzz

HEY.

This guy's on to something. The demon (either gender, let's be fair) casts "Temptation", and the target freezes in place, little icons of money bags, purple swords, epic mounts, etc, swirling around their head for the duration.

Presto. Even less potentially offensive than the current succubus, and you could throw in a whole TON of jokes. Maybe dwarves hit by the spell just see tall, frosty mugs of beer.

Thanks for vouching for me. The addition to this idea is great, I love where you're going with it!
26 Undead Mage
04/12/2011 12:17 AMPosted by Cástiel
But anders was so cute! minus his personality sucked... alot...

lol yeahs

"DAMMIT ANDERS!"
90 Undead Warlock
04/12/2011 12:23 AMPosted by Mogey

HEY.

Thanks for vouching for me. The addition to this idea is great, I love where you're going with it!

Forsaken see chewable body parts and brains on plates!
Orcs see axes! And... axes!
Trolls see.... *cough* okay trolls would probably see other trolls, if you know what I mean.
Blood elves see themselves. >;D
85 Tauren Paladin
Thats actually a very powerful suggestion. I give this my full backing. In fact, this could be the answer to the only point in my argument that I hadnt fully found a solution to. See, I wouldnt know how to correct the obvious issue that the Succubus, being female, would obviously seduce physically and appeal sexually. The male version is wonderful. An appeal to power and wealth, a seduction of the mind, ego and wallet. Men, and some ladies, other weaknesses!

Kudos to you sir.

Hah, thank you! It's thanks to you for bringing up a fine topic and suggestion. I might roll a Warlock for the first time if more variety like that is added. :)
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm surprised you haven't gotten any crazy trolls in here. Late night savior I guess? Anyway! I think it would be an interesting idea. I think it would be neat to be able to choose, or have it as a random thing. 50% chance to get Succubus, 50% chance to get Incubus.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]