WTB Incubus. No, not the terrible band.

90 Night Elf Rogue
Metzen already addressed this in an "Ask CDev" a while back:

There are several different rumors concerning the male counterparts to the demonic succubus race, and it's clear that the succubi are responsible for all of them. A few of the more common rumors are:

1. Yes, there are incubi, but the spell to summon them has been conveniently forgotten by mortal practitioners and Burning Legion agents.
2. Incubi are kept as slaves on their home planet, having been rendered incapable of escape or independent movement.
3. The succubi consumed the males of their race when they were brought into the Burning Legion. (Alternatively, the act of devouring the males is what caught the attention of the Burning Legion.)
85 Goblin Priest
Yay! this thread is still alive! :D
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Succubi are monogendered, like Asari. I think Satyr are the same as well.

Kind of makes me wonder how Protoss reproduce.

Protoss aren't a prolific race. So they don't.
Succubi are monogendered, like Asari. I think Satyr are the same as well.

Kind of makes me wonder how Protoss reproduce.

On that, there was 1 female Protoss in the Brood War campaign that you ended up killing because she got infected. I know that doesn't answer your question though.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Maybe you put to much thought into this?
8 Night Elf Druid
What you are asking for is more customization...and as we all know..Blizzard frowns on this.
That said..I agree with you. I'd like to see a male demon available.
I would love an Incubus...

I might even brush off the two years of dust collected on my Warlock if this was introduced!

I'm all for this idea.. <3
90 Blood Elf Hunter

On that, there was 1 female Protoss in the Brood War campaign that you ended up killing because she got infected. I know that doesn't answer your question though.

Yeah there are "female" protoss but the race isn't prolific regardless. Just what I read. They are a slowly dying race but can live for thousands of years etc etc.
85 Draenei Death Knight

There are several different rumors concerning the male counterparts to the demonic succubus race, and it's clear that the succubi are responsible for all of them. A few of the more common rumors are:

1. Yes, there are incubi, but the spell to summon them has been conveniently forgotten by mortal practitioners and Burning Legion agents.
2. Incubi are kept as slaves on their home planet, having been rendered incapable of escape or independent movement.
3. The succubi consumed the males of their race when they were brought into the Burning Legion. (Alternatively, the act of devouring the males is what caught the attention of the Burning Legion.)

This makes me a sad panda. Especially reason number 1. Further perpetuates the main issue here. /sigh
85 Dwarf Shaman
/sadface
85 Worgen Warlock
Damn :(
85 Human Mage
So, we have 2 different thoughts on the incubus.

1. It should be a male counterpart to the succubus, and as such, possess the exact same powers.

2. It should be a separate summon altogether, with its own abilities and its own characteristics, not unlike a hunter calling a different pet.

So, to the ones that believe #1, what does it matter? I find that it would not influence my desire to play a warlock if the succubus was a male gendered demon, since I play a warlock, and constantly have my felguard out. I'm not saying it shouldn't matter because we should all just have felguards out, but I mean come on, let's face it. the felguard is not a female. And personally, I don't really care, because they are fighting machines, not sex toys.

Addition: if you are one of the gay posters, here, then seriously, I'm having a hard time seeing why blizzard development should cater to a gender-specific change to a summoned creature, to make it more optically pleasing. You are a warlock, and you are blessed with several helper demons you can summon to make your life easier. Some of them may not be optically pleasing to you, but it is what you have in your toolbox. Either make use of them for their prowess and attributes in pvp or pve, or I would suggest rerolling something else.

I figure there are female warlocks out there that might find it more pleasing to use a non-female demon, but none of the female locks I know seem to care one way or the other.

And for those who believe #2, if you are willing to accept a different creature with different attributes, you have several others to choose from. I would suggest the felhunter. It's the least humanoid choice. If you are wanting a demon out that is better looking, and you're willing to sack out the benefits of a less pleasing looking demon, then get whatever you want out.
Edited by Melûsine on 4/12/2011 7:51 PM PDT
86 Blood Elf Priest
04/12/2011 07:49 PMPosted by Melûsine
they are fighting machines, not sex toys.

I did address this already. Gender doesn't matter for other demons because it is irrelevant to their character, while the very nature of a succubus is sexuality; nobody is saying they feel discriminated against, this isn't some kind of melodramatic cry for "equality", this is a reasonable request for a customization option. In an alternate note I am of the opinion that it should be a minor glyph that just changes the model. And to be honest I don't understand why just because someone "doesn't care one way or the other" means that nobody else should; there are no real valid arguments against the idea that I have seen so far, just explanations as to why people don't really care one way or the other.
85 Tauren Paladin

This makes me a sad panda. Especially reason number 1. Further perpetuates the main issue here. /sigh

It's not the first time a race or species have broken free and sought freedom. Draenei did it. Burning Legion could do it.
85 Human Mage
they are fighting machines, not sex toys.

I did address this already. Gender doesn't matter for other demons because it is irrelevant to their character, while the very nature of a succubus is sexuality; nobody is saying they feel discriminated against, this isn't some kind of melodramatic cry for "equality", this is a reasonable request for a customization option. In an alternate note I am of the opinion that it should be a minor glyph that just changes the model. And to be honest I don't understand why just because someone "doesn't care one way or the other" means that nobody else should; there are no real valid arguments against the idea that I have seen so far, just explanations as to why people don't really care one way or the other.

Ok, if that's the way you think about it, then whatever. If this isn't a dramatic cry for inequality, then why did the OP state he was gay and just wanted something non female to look at? The way that whole post went was off the premise that it was all cosmetic, but then the question becomes, why should that matter? Show me where the succubus, or all the summoned demons in general fail, and try to fill the gap with something. But to say you just want something more appealing to look at.... that is a cry for equality.

Besides, you are not the original poster. You assume to know what it was the OP wanted?
Edited by Melûsine on 4/14/2011 9:43 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]