WTB Incubus. No, not the terrible band.

85 Tauren Death Knight
04/14/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Zarhym
I'm happy to share we actually do have plans for offering players a choice between male and female versions of all warlock demons. This is a task already in our system, though I don't have a time frame for you at the moment. Other art tasks could always take precedence, but we're committed to making this happen. :)
...WoW.

This came as a totally unexpected and completely awesome surprise.

55 Draenei Death Knight
I'm happy to share we actually do have plans for offering players a choice between male and female versions of all warlock demons. This is a task already in our system, though I don't have a time frame for you at the moment. Other art tasks could always take precedence, but we're committed to making this happen. :)

Sweet!

I'll have to make a lock alt ^_^
100 Night Elf Druid
04/14/2011 03:56 PMPosted by Nyoi

As A lock this pleases me.

But still the only two demons that can be made male/female and anything really changes but the voice would be Succubus (obviously) and Felguard, the rest are just rather genderless appearance wise.

So it kind of seems rather pointless in the end.

Extremely curious how a female Felguard looks though

It's been a while, so I could have the wrong NPC. If it's not this one, try to find an elite one close to him.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=26828#drops

Set your felguard on him. He will yell something about your felguard ruining his plans and then demand HER head.
Your felguard is already female.
100 Night Elf Druid
I wouldn't see a problem with a new demon type altogether called Incubus.

100 Night Elf Druid

Holy Moly, that's awesome.
Female imp lol
85 Gnome Warlock
Wow, that's pretty cool and really unexpected! Though, as some people are already saying, I have a hard time seeing how some warlock demons could actually have both a male and female version; the felhunter, voidwalker and imp in particular.

Still, thanks for letting us in on that, Z!

I can imagine a female imp...some ear rings, some curves, some red lipstick, a voice like me ex-fiance (although the male imp comes close already) and I've already posted about my mental mind-flash of a female voidwalker, but just like a male wolf and female wolf look pretty darned similar, I just don't see a female felhound unless it is done with some pastels...
100 Blood Elf Priest
04/14/2011 03:53 PMPosted by Dxun

Of all warlock demons?

Wouldn't the 2 versions of a Voidwalker look VERY VERY stupid?

It'll take one hell of a art team to pull it off imo.
I'd imagine that male/female voidwalkers would just be the same model with different voice sets.

Though a voidwalker with a pink bow on it to identify it as female would be pretty hilarious.
84 Night Elf Druid
This is a fun and awesome change! I love it...I think. Haven't seen the new models, but the fact that warlocks can choose the new or old is the right way to go.
100 Blood Elf Priest
sigh...

cosmetic change to some warlock pets is the last thing warlocks need done to them currently
PROTIP: The people who will be making these alternate demon models/voices and the people who buff/nerf your class are completely different. Balance fixes for locks will be in no way delayed by this addition.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/14/2011 04:15 PMPosted by Suzushiiro

Of all warlock demons?

Wouldn't the 2 versions of a Voidwalker look VERY VERY stupid?

It'll take one hell of a art team to pull it off imo.
I'd imagine that male/female voidwalkers would just be the same model with different voice sets.

Though a voidwalker with a pink bow on it to identify it as female would be pretty hilarious.

Hah! Now that's something I'd support.
85 Undead Warlock
04/14/2011 03:56 PMPosted by Sothe
http://www.wowwiki.com/Shivarra

+1 to that! Otherwise I can't really care about the sex of my minions. They are there for me to abuse and torment, all while helping me.
72 Human Warlock
04/14/2011 04:15 PMPosted by Suzushiiro

I vote for this.

But before Blizz makes new Demon models, they need to update all of the vanilla playable race models, and maybe the TBC ones to match to Worgen and Goblin
85 Draenei Shaman

I am assaulted by my imagination at the moment.. Void walkers in bad wigs with pink lipstick.
99 Blood Elf Paladin
I have always wanted to play a Warlock, but I find most of the demons very unappealing. In contrast to the OP, I'm a female and I only play female toons because I indentify with them on an aesthetic level.

The current demons, for me, are like having to play with toy cars rather than stuffed animals and etc. as a child. They feel very male-oriented to me and I don't like them or identify with them.

I love demons, I just don't think they have to be all brown and muscular or icky looking.

I support having more gendered models, and more customization overall. :D
Edited by Vraie on 4/14/2011 4:22 PM PDT
Blizzard Employee
sigh...

cosmetic change to some warlock pets is the last thing warlocks need done to them currently

It's understandable you feel that way. I just ask that you recognize I added the caveat that we don't have a set time frame for doing this -- it's just something our artists are excited about doing. With that said, also recognize that artists don't balance classes, nor will the class balance team be designing new gender models for your demons. ;)
43 Dwarf Shaman

Other art tasks pretty well better take precedence over this. C'mon. They're demons-- for most of us, their sex just doesn't matter; if it does to you, fine, but there are many more important art issues out there.
Edited by Zarhym on 4/14/2011 4:25 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]