WTB Incubus. No, not the terrible band.

90 Human Warlock
The current Voidwalkers we have now are Female BTW. There are game scripts to identify the gender of a target.

So the question is - what will the male ones look like?
72 Worgen Rogue
I am guessing they could just use the male BELF model for the incubus...
85 Human Priest
Ah crap now i'm gonna have to roll a lock when this happens. Thanks for info zar.
85 Human Warrior
04/14/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Zarhym
nor will the class balance team be designing new gender models for your demons. ;)

come to think of it, that would be pretty hilarious though...

04/14/2011 04:15 PMPosted by Suzushiiro

Of all warlock demons?

Wouldn't the 2 versions of a Voidwalker look VERY VERY stupid?

It'll take one hell of a art team to pull it off imo.
I'd imagine that male/female voidwalkers would just be the same model with different voice sets.

Though a voidwalker with a pink bow on it to identify it as female would be pretty hilarious.

can't lie, I would not be opposed to this.
85 Human Warlock
While I do appreciate the blue note, I think that making female and male versions for all of the demons is a bit overkill
Sure a couple of them would be good for it, but I would think that some could just do with a bit of a reskinning.
My thoughts are:
Imp: This one would be ok to have a female form, but I think it would still be similar to the current model
Voidwalker: I always thought of this demon as androgenous rather than having an actual gender. Though it would benifit from a reskin, give him the shoulders, followed by the BC TK instances skin as he levels and similar abilities. (immune to a certain spell school buff from the instance at high lvls would be cool)
Felhound: Wouldnt really need a female/male version as animals are similar in appearance, I think maybe make it more sleek looking though I always thought of it being more of a mix between a hound, a cat and an eel with the magic absorbing tentacles when I read the books.
Succubus: If there was to be an incubus model I would think it would be more of a rogue type, twin daggers, lithe movements etc make it a new demon than just gender bending the succubus
FelGuard: Honestly I am not sure about this one, though the npc's currently say my felguard is female. I don't know if a female version would really be applicable in this case. Guess I would have to see the suggested artwork for it before I could decide really.
And Female Metaform of course (though no used to me)
Edited by Krylock on 4/14/2011 5:18 PM PDT
90 Undead Mage
sigh...

cosmetic change to some warlock pets is the last thing warlocks need done to them currently

It's understandable you feel that way. I just ask that you recognize I added the caveat that we don't have a set time frame for doing this -- it's just something our artists are excited about doing. With that said, also recognize that artists don't balance classes, nor will the class balance team be designing new gender models for your demons. ;)

Will at least incinerate be getting green fire or something too? =)

I apologize for beating you dead horse.
90 Human Paladin
Ice
This is a cool addition and all, but druid travel and aquatic forms need a serious touch up first. Warlock pets look great. Mono-gendered, but great. Some druid forms look downright terrible next to newer models and the newer form models. And druids have to see them all the time...
87 Worgen Warrior
04/14/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Zarhym
I'm happy to share we actually do have plans for offering players a choice between male and female versions of all warlock demons. This is a task already in our system, though I don't have a time frame for you at the moment. Other art tasks could always take precedence, but we're committed to making this happen. :)

Actual choice or is it going to default Succubus for a Male toon and Incubus for a female toon.
85 Draenei Death Knight
04/14/2011 03:53 PMPosted by Pyre
I'm happy to share we actually do have plans for offering players a choice between male and female versions of all warlock demons. This is a task already in our system, though I don't have a time frame for you at the moment. Other art tasks could always take precedence, but we're committed to making this happen. :)

OH MAH GAWD. The warlock in Pyre rejoices. Yes yes.

Dklink love you Pyre

Yes Dklink does

(ohh yes dklink does...)
29 Dwarf Rogue
04/11/2011 11:39 PMPosted by Detraxi
I am going to open this with a simple statement. I am gay. I know that is sometimes a big deal here in this game, where it seems to be mainly male dominated and, sadly, mainly hetero.

The population is 90% heterosexual. You expected otherwise here?
Also, it's male dominated because it's a high fantasy game.
66 Goblin Mage
..Female voidwalkers?

Female imps?

What?
29 Dwarf Rogue
04/12/2011 12:04 AMPosted by Scuzz
There's plenty of precedent for dwarves, for example, to be something other than vaguely-Scottish, mine-dwelling, booze-chugging treestumps with beards. But, commonly, that's what people think of when mentioning dwarves in a fantasy setting. So, that's what we run with here

That's the Bronzebeard Dwarves. The Wildhammer and Dark Iron Dwarves are different.
And the Bronzebeards have a small amount of Viking to them.
72 Blood Elf Paladin
sigh...

cosmetic change to some warlock pets is the last thing warlocks need done to them currently

It's understandable you feel that way. I just ask that you recognize I added the caveat that we don't have a set time frame for doing this -- it's just something our artists are excited about doing. With that said, also recognize that artists don't balance classes, nor will the class balance team be designing new gender models for your demons. ;)

I don't think Zarhym gets it.

Blizzard, apart from the forum mods obviously, is one person. If Blizzard is working on art, then there's class balancing not getting done and instance tuning not getting done. Likewise, when Blizzard decides to nerf Paladins again, there's some outdated piece of artwork not being replaced or Cross Realm BoA Transfers not being worked on.

Then there's the times where Blizzard just decides to roll around in their piles of cash.

I wonder if Blizzard ever gets lonely in that big office building.
100 Orc Warlock
Hopefully we will be able to keep the original names associated to the demon when we flip flop. I'd hate to lose my Succubus's name when I try an Incubus out and vice versa.
55 Dwarf Death Knight
04/14/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Kel!%@h

Other art tasks pretty well better take precedence over this. C'mon. They're demons-- for most of us, their sex just doesn't matter; if it does to you, fine, but there are many more important art issues out there.

Yes. More beard options please! Thank you art team!
100 Draenei Paladin
04/14/2011 03:49 PMPosted by Zarhym

Sounds neat, but it'd be much more neat for those artists to spend time on updating old race models, updating animations, adding new animations, dance studio, and all that sort of stuff before adding female felhunters into the game.
55 Orc Warrior
sigh...

yep because the art team can soooo work on mechanics development while they arent doing something else.... just like the devs can create brilliant art works when they dont have balancing and gameplay designs to do.....

come on man use ya brain.
87 Worgen Warrior
..Female voidwalkers?

Female imps?

What?

Voidwalker already is female by default. Surprised me too, but sure enough Mobs use female pronouns when they charge it

Not sure about the imp, they whine enough to be women though.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]