Trial account level cap?

What is the level cap on trial accounts? I thought I heard 20, but I seem to still be gaining experience
It's 20, not sure but you might cap out at 1 xp before 21.
90 Night Elf Rogue
As far as I know, the level cap for the classic trial account is still 20. I tried verifying this information via the Blizzard Support site, but there is no content on the page.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20590
90 Night Elf Rogue
Like Akosi said, you will gain xp until 1 point shy of dinging lvl 21. From then on all xp will be converted to coin (when you reach the coin cap which i think is somewhere around 10 gold you won't get anymore of either) until you upgrade to a full account.
58 Human Death Knight
04/12/2011 06:19 PMPosted by Avanna
Like Akosi said, you will gain xp until 1 point shy of dinging lvl 21. From then on all xp will be converted to coin (when you reach the coin cap which i think is somewhere around 10 gold you won't get anymore of either) until you upgrade to a full account.

Incorrect. The experience goes to a wasteland of nothingness. Same goes when you're expansion capped.
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/12/2011 06:28 PMPosted by Gyram
ncorrect. The experience goes to a wasteland of nothingness. Same goes when you're expansion capped.

Um, that's not what every other regular poster on this forum has repeatedly said when answering other questions similar to this one. There's a chance that they could all be wrong, or that I miss-interpreted what they all said. But since you are the only one who has put up anything to the contrary in all the threads on this topic, and don't offer any even anecdotal evidence as to why I am wrong, I am going to say you are wrong.
Um, that's not what every other regular poster on this forum has repeatedly said when answering other questions similar to this one. There's a chance that they could all be wrong, or that I miss-interpreted what they all said. But since you are the only one who has put up anything to the contrary in all the threads on this topic, and don't offer any even anecdotal evidence as to why I am wrong, I am going to say you are wrong.

I don't recall anyone on this forum ever saying this about trial accounts.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I've read several times when someone has said that when you are level capped extra XP is turned into gold, and I've seen them say this about expansion caps, and end game caps as well. I'd go back, find, and link/quote the actual posts, but a few months has passed since this topic was brought up and searching through 60+ pages of forum threads to find the right ones, and then searching through each thread to find the right posts would be a little too obsessive even for me. And he didn't just say it wasn't true about the trial caps, but also the expansion caps.
Edited by Avanna on 4/12/2011 7:14 PM PDT
04/12/2011 07:13 PMPosted by Avanna
I've read several times when someone has said that when you are level capped extra XP is turned into gold, and I've seen them say this about expansion caps, and end game caps as well

That's not the same as trial caps. I've never read anyone apply that well known fact to trial level restrictions.

His expansion comment was certainly wrong. Any XP at level cap is converted to gold as you said.
04/12/2011 07:29 PMPosted by Hammershock
The cap is still 20, but the cap was made when getting to level 20 didn't take 3 days. It really needs to be higher, like around 40.

Eh level 20 cap is still fine, Lets you see everything you really need to know about the game, and if it only takes 3 days then that means you can try out 3 different classes :D
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]