Marksman PVE Guide (4.1)

(Locked)

85 Tauren Hunter
Ive been a little confused about reforging my items for mastery/haste, and what is best for my DPS output, i see its nice to top haste, but isnt mastery become to low? I can reforge my items from mastery to haste, but on the other hand lowering mastery lowers the chance i get a free shot, is it that worth to top haste as lose mastery? I dont have many reforged itens for now, i like to keep the crits and not reforge them, i just wanna make some nice reforges on mastery/haste, can some1 pls take a fast look at my gear and give me some advice pls? Ty for your time.
Like it
85 Draenei Hunter
One of the hunters from paragon said to hit a 1950 haste rating, So I reforged all my mastery into haste. I have yet to use it in raids.
85 Draenei Hunter
1850*
I found this guide really helpful man, thankyou for sharing :D
80 Blood Elf Paladin
08/20/2011 02:45 AMPosted by Blastoidz
One of the hunters from paragon said to hit a 1950 haste rating, So I reforged all my mastery into haste. I have yet to use it in raids.

The Hunters in Paragon went for 1850 Haste because it mimicked the 4pc T11 rotation with the trinkets from Firelands. That being said, it's not really a competitive playstyle for anything other than a stand still fight with no target switching.
85 Night Elf Hunter
I'm not sure if anybody has already pointed this out (I'm not going to read every reply to find out). I'm also not sure if this still gets updated often. But I noticed something wrong with the cunning pet spec. The only reason I noticed it is because I tend to pay more attention to pet information. Anyway...

Here's the build you have a link to.
http://www.wowhead.com/petcalc#Mrbo00fhoMo0b

It has a point in Carrion Feeder. But it doesn't have a point in Roar of Recovery. Granted, this is a very minor issue. But I do feel it's worth pointing out. Even though RoR has a 3 minute CD, it's still a lot more valuable for DPS than a pet heal with a 30 sec CD.

This would be a better build.
http://www.wowhead.com/petcalc#Mrbo00fh0Mk0b

Aside from that, great guide.
85 Night Elf Hunter
I'd just like to point out that Careful Aim is 90% as per the tooltip, and not 80%. Otherwise, very helpful guide
85 Night Elf Hunter
I would really like to take out multi shot and give us back volley. we really lose all aspect of aoe with focus and multi shot or just transition multi shot into volley so we can have aoe strength...
In response to you people wondering about haste, unless you are in full firelands gear just go with the 1235 cap. The haste>mastery build is really only achieveable if you can get enough haste without sacrifcing too much crit.
86 Troll Hunter
I'm falling behind some Hunters with T11 gear recently, and it makes me cry a little bit. Am I focusing too much on Mastery at the cost of haste? I can afford to bleed off a significant amount.
85 Night Elf Druid
Is this a mistake or just me? In Careful Aimed Phase, it says its for the first 20% of a Boss/Target's health because of the talent Careful Aim, which grants Hunters an additional 60% crit to both Steady and Aimed Shot until the boss drops below 80% health, but the 2/2 Careful Aim Talent is only for 90% and above???
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/17/2011 04:35 PMPosted by Siverna
Is this a mistake or just me? In Careful Aimed Phase, it says its for the first 20% of a Boss/Target's health because of the talent Careful Aim, which grants Hunters an additional 60% crit to both Steady and Aimed Shot until the boss drops below 80% health, but the 2/2 Careful Aim Talent is only for 90% and above???

Kal wrote this guide well before that change, and appears to have stopped playing. He never came to the forums to give any reason, so I just assume wife-aggro. As such, there are parts of this guide that are outdated, but nobody has the ability to change them.
85 Night Elf Druid
10/18/2011 06:56 AMPosted by Adarant

Kal wrote this guide well before that change, and appears to have stopped playing. He never came to the forums to give any reason, so I just assume wife-aggro. As such, there are parts of this guide that are outdated, but nobody has the ability to change them.

Is this guide still viable then, especially the rotation part? I just changed my hunter from surv to mm and was hoping this guide had the proper rotation. I'm only lvl 76 on my hunter and it seems sometimes its hard to keep the Careful Aim Phase going but I try.

90 Pandaren Hunter
10/18/2011 03:32 PMPosted by Siverna
Is this guide still viable then, especially the rotation part? I just changed my hunter from surv to mm and was hoping this guide had the proper rotation. I'm only lvl 76 on my hunter and it seems sometimes its hard to keep the Careful Aim Phase going but I try.

Glyphs, gemming, shot priorities, and talents are still largely correct. Obviously the explanations for why some of those are preferred have changed, but the recommendations are still fairly solid. There are also might be some odd-ball issues with the glyphs, I haven't looked at that section in a while.

As far as secondary stats, the biggest change is that the recommended Haste values are 1250 + latency without the Chimera Shot glyph and 1800+ with the Chimera Shot glyph.

One of the problems with such a guide is that the Elitist Jerks Hunter thread is just so good, and regularly updated, that most of us just rely on that.
100 Night Elf Hunter
This has been a great read & really helpful! Thanks!
85 Blood Elf Hunter
im having some probs with my hunter and i think it might just be me, but it seems in the last 3 to 4 wks my dps has gone down instead of up, i have also received a few new pieces of gear. i went back to using the 2 365 rings so i can get more crit. im in mainly FL gear just waiting to get my 4 piece. the guide has been rly helpful thats why i think it might be me as i tend to over think at times. im reforging crit/haste still as i have not seen and improvement for mastery
85 Night Elf Hunter
this guide seems to be innacurate can someone for the love of god help me out

i have tier 12 4 piece bonus

if im going for the 1235 plus latency haste plateu, what is my rotation for standard, termination, and kill shot phases?

should i remove my chimera glyph
Edited by Maurdukeis on 11/15/2011 9:43 PM PST
100 Dwarf Hunter
Could anyone look at my character and tell me if i did my haste right? It is ranged haste correct? Just the way it displays on the site makes me feel it would be a dps decrease to reforge some of my haste (was at like 15 something) for the 1267 it is now in exchange for some more mastery.

Some one please tell me Im not crazy
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]