Server maintenance timing for Oceanic servers

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm pretty sure this issue has been mentioned before, but could the Oceanic server maintenance timings be scheduled such that we won't need to miss a night's worth of raiding? Scheduling it just 2 to 3 hours later would help heaps.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
The servers currently, and have always, go down at midnight AEST whenever there is maintenance or restarts. They have always gone down at 5am PST. I don't think I've ever seen any messages from Blizzard stating that Oceanic Maintenance will be at 5am AEST.
Reply Quote
04/12/2011 06:47 PMPosted by Cseraph
I'm pretty sure this issue has been mentioned before, but could the Oceanic server maintenance timings be scheduled such that we won't need to miss a night's worth of raiding? Scheduling it just 2 to 3 hours later would help heaps.

Been there, done that, have the petrified hamster carcasses to prove it!!

They did try this, something like 4 years ago. The Oceanic realms (new at the time) got swamped and were virtually unplayable.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Been there, done that, have the petrified hamster carcasses to prove it!!

They did try this, something like 4 years ago. The Oceanic realms (new at the time) got swamped and were virtually unplayable.

It doesn't need to be a separate time based on servers, just being later to have mantenence in general. When both DST are active, maintenence is usualy around mdnight which isn't too bad however when they extend maintenence to 3 am + cobined with no DST (such as now) thats locally 8pm which essentially means a whole night wasted.

In comparison however, the servers are up in the US before midday which is hours before peak hour time for US players. Maintenence would be better to start at 7am US and finish at 1pm (still well in advance of peak hour) which would put our maintenence times late enough that most complaints would stop. At the very least when there is extended maintenence have it extend in the other direction - 5am to 1pm not 3am - 11am.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]