Roguedom Thread #2: The FA of Qs

85 Goblin Rogue
04/14/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Madian
lol teh wowforums are srsbzns

Actually, these forums are the place that hundreds of questions that are relevant to our class have been answered.

A place that we, as gamers and more specifically, rogues, congregate to discuss the happenings that effect our gaming experience.

A place that we share ideas, and help oout others that are interested in bettering their performance in game.

A place that, ideally, would be a welcoming environment.

Last but not least, a place that would better off without the pointless and spiteful posts you've made in this thread.

I sincerely hope you get a ban for trolling.
Edited by Sheevah on 4/14/2011 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
04/14/2011 12:44 PMPosted by Sheevah
I requested it for sticky.

^_^ for the love, but I don't know this thread will ever warrant a sticky; let's see if it actually proves useful first. I can easily (and will) link to this thread from my "guide" sticky once this is fully set up, and I also anticipate this will be updated much more frequently than my guide sticky is, so it'll probably stay relatively close to the top of the forum regardless.

Side note to everybody: Please, please avoid feeding any trolls that appear in this thread. Seriously. Just report the offending post and move on without responding. If this thread will be at all useful for people, it has to stay constructive, and the best way to do that is to avoid letting it get cluttered up with well-intentioned scolding of people who sadly have nothing better to do than try to make the forums *less* useful to those who want to use it to improve their quality of WoW life.
Edited by Rfeann on 4/14/2011 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue

Side note to everybody: Please, please avoid feeding any trolls that appear in this thread. Seriously. Just report the offending post and move on without responding.

Only because I respect you a great deal.

/turns off troll destroyer 9000-AJM87
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Alright, so. While I work to fill in all the yawning gaps I left behind when I set this up... What major questions did I forget to include entirely?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
04/14/2011 12:56 PMPosted by Rfeann
Alright, so. While I work to fill in all the yawning gaps I left behind when I set this up... What major questions did I forget to include entirely?

I haven't went through the actually threads you listed, so I apologize if these have been addressed:

What are some good macros?

What are some good addons?

I'm assuming this one is in the stats sections, but I'm going to list it any since I saw a "gem" thread in the PvP section:

How should I reforge?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
I lolrp in threads too herpaderpa

wow sheeva whered u get that epic gear ur rockin??

I do hope you enjoy your vacation from the forums.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
What are some good macros?

What are some good addons?

I'm assuming this one is in the stats sections, but I'm going to list it any since I saw a "gem" thread in the PvP section:

How should I reforge?

I addressed... virtually none of those. :) Many thanks, I'll get to that shortly.

Really hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew trying to cull all this wisdom together from so many smart rogues who have come before (and alongside) me. There are so many individual posts and threads out there that are great; it's just difficult to find them. I welcome nominations and recommendations if y'all have any specific posts/threads that you've found superhelpful in your climb up the ladder to leetness.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Also, just a small suggestion, if you don't mind me tossing this out there...

SOLOING DUNGEONS: Got tips?
Boy, do we! Well, actually, no -- nothing comprehensive. But here are some links to start with. (Note: This is mostly for rogues at level 85 doing lower-level dungeons and raids.)

It might be best to move this to the Rogueing at level 85 sections, instead of the pre-85 part.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
I requested this for a sticky as well.

Right now, you've got a few broken links on the front page (dont know if you're already working on them or not).

Other than that, it seems to me that you've covered a lot of issues that some people will have. If this does get stickied, I would suggest that you go through, pull out the main answers from the threads that you are reading and paraphrase them on the main page. This would help the people that are looking for a very quick answer and don't want to parse the thread that you linked to.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Sheevah, thanks again for the addon/macro/reforge suggestions. I've added basic responses/links in there as a fill-in and will improve them later, but please let me know if you've already got specific posts/links in mind that would be good to point to.

I've also moved the "SOLOING" section, thanks.

04/14/2011 01:37 PMPosted by Edanmelar
Right now, you've got a few broken links on the front page (dont know if you're already working on them or not).

Hmm. I don't see 'em -- could I bug you to point them out? (Keep in mind that Blizz only allows clickable links for stuff that will take you to Blizzard-owned websites. So for any URLs to, say, Elitist Jerks, you won't be able to click on them.)

04/14/2011 01:37 PMPosted by Edanmelar
If this does get stickied, I would suggest that you go through, pull out the main answers from the threads that you are reading and paraphrase them on the main page.

Yepper, you nailed exactly what I hope to be able to do. In some cases I've already done this. In others, I need to try to balance 1) my desire to make this thread as informative and laziness-friendly as possible, 2) my own tendency to be long-winded, and 3) my desire to keep the thread at least relatively brief. I'll do my best, and please keep ragging on me if certain sections fall short of striking that sweet spot between brief and helpful.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
04/14/2011 02:49 PMPosted by Rfeann
Sheevah, thanks again for the addon/macro/reforge suggestions. I've added basic responses/links in there as a fill-in and will improve them later, but please let me know if you've already got specific posts/links in mind that would be good to point to.

You actually nailed all three of the posts I had in mind for those sections. If I think/find any others I think will be useful, I'll definitely let you know.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue

Hmm. I don't see 'em -- could I bug you to point them out? (Keep in mind that Blizz only allows clickable links for stuff that will take you to Blizzard-owned websites. So for any URLs to, say, Elitist Jerks, you won't be able to click on them.)

Pardon my derp moment. I had forgotten that they disallowed clickable links to outside sources. Disregard!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
OK, I've filled in some of the stuff I left undone from earlier and cleaned up formatting. Lots left to do, and I'm sure I've left out a metric ton of commonly asked questions and great posts/threads answering them. I'll resume cleaning this up later.

In the meantime: Lay it on me, for better or for worse. Let me know what's missing, what works, what doesn't.

Thanks deeply to those who've helped with this so far, and to those of you whose wisdom and intelligence has helped me become a better rogue (and to hopefully help others do the same).
Edited by Rfeann on 4/14/2011 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Glad to see the troll's posts got deleted; I must not have been the only one reporting

Hail Rfeann, Queen of the Rogue Forums.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Must.... resist....envy....to obliderate all trolls....!

...tried to sticky but "my request cannot be completed"
Edited by Celinne on 4/14/2011 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
04/14/2011 06:18 PMPosted by Tantojutsu
Hail Rfeann, Queen of the Rogue Forums.

Aw. You're swell to say that, but one of the great things about this forum is that it has a whole gaggle of queens.

That may have come out wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]