Cloak & Dagger Compendium: Rogue Omnibus 4.3

90 Undead Rogue
I Think, Therefore I Rogue: Or, The Face Behind the Mask

The substitution of any given set of racials is going to show a negligible at best, nigh non-existent at worst change in performance, and in all truth you're likely not to notice at all unless you full-on min/max every aspect of your rogue. Therefore, play whichever you like best. My advice, roll a lowbie of your top choices and play around with the animations if you can't already decide, go with what feels best. That being said some racials do pan out to being worth a bit more or a bit less DPS than others.

Assassination:
Troll > Goblin > Orc > Blood Elf > Forsaken

Worgen > Gnome > Night Elf > Human/Dwarf

Combat:
Goblin > Troll > Orc > Blood Elf > Forsaken

Worgen > Gnome > Human > Dwarf > Night Elf

Subtlety:
Troll > Goblin > Orc > Blood Elf > Forsaken

Worgen > Gnome > Night Elf > Human/Dwarf

Caera, NE is best for sub and assassination due to shadowmeld giving an extra opener.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
It is, but it's very restrictive. I'm in agreement with Aldrianna on this one. You have to manage Shadowmeld properly and the encounter has to let you manage Shadowmeld properly. Otherwise it's a big waste. So while it's theoretically the best, it isn't always in practice.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
hey guys! just wondering if i should be using the two daggers from HoTs as combat or if i should go for a slow mainhand if i don't plan on going for fear and vengeance.

Also, the tricks of the trade macro from the other guide

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus, help, nodead]; Tricks of the Trade; [@targettarget, help, nodead] Tricks of the Trade; Tricks of the Trade

does not seem to work for me. It doesnt work if i set a focus or target a player. I rarely ever use macros so im not sure why. please help.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
08/03/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Qbért
hey guys! just wondering if i should be using the two daggers from HoTs as combat or if i should go for a slow mainhand if i don't plan on going for fear and vengeance.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369743517?page=1#10

08/03/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Qbért
/cast [@focus, help, nodead]; Tricks of the Trade; [@targettarget, help, nodead] Tricks of the Trade; Tricks of the Trade

If you target another player then it's looking at what they're targeting. If they aren't targeting another friendly player then it won't work. Usually your target's target (what @targettarget means) is going to be a boss/mob.
Reply Quote
15 Night Elf Rogue
a great thread all in all. Im a nelf subtlety...any advice for pvp?Gear? Leveling? Dungeons?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
09/12/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Asassinatorr
a great thread all in all. Im a nelf subtlety...any advice for pvp?Gear? Leveling? Dungeons?
None really. Your best bet is to ask Sheevah. You could post in the PVP sticky, but it is usually quicker just to create a new post (after reading the sticky (should it be updated for 5.0 (which, this guide is not at current))).

Leveling and Dungeons as you level are pretty easy follow quest text. If it's green or grey, move to a new area. Dungeons, hit the thing the tank is targeting. Now is never to early to make an /assist macro of some kind. I have at least 4.
Edited by Caera on 9/12/2012 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
If I could ask one of our CMs to remove the sticky from this, I would greatly appreciate it. I am not currently in a position to update it, and I do not want to run the risk of outdated information confusing anyone or contributing to a depreciation in gaming experience by following any now incorrect suggestions herein.

It was beyond a doubt an honour to have had this stickied in the first place, and I have appreciated your assistance stepping in when the occasional poster needed to be removed for the overall health of the guide and/or community. This has allowed for a deeply rewarding experience, and I thank you for the opportunity.

Many thanks to our by and large unseen, and more oft than not unsung forum moderators.

Thank you kindly,
~Caera (>',')>
Edited by Caera on 10/1/2012 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]