85 Night Elf Rogue
Superb, voted for sticky.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Well, it's about damn time.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2228178549#4
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
The first talent build listed for subtlety(chapter 1) should be marked as an 8/2/31 and not 7/31/3, just something I noticed scanning through.

I requested for sticky, btw. Great write up.
Edited by Sheevah on 4/16/2011 8:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
The first talent build listed for subtlety(chapter 1) should be marked as an 8/2/31 and not 7/31/3, just something I noticed scanning through.

I requested for sticky, btw. Great write up.

Someone said we should be a couple. You're way out of my league.

Psssssst, do you like my maracas?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
/swoon
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Damn, someone has way too much time on her hands. in other news, great right up Caera.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Didnt read it all, but i skimmed through most of it and it looks like there is alot of good info here.

will be requesting for sticky.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Hey, if people didn't have time on their hands, there wouldn't be no durned stickies. (Or a World of Warcraft, for that matter.) And if tweren't no durned stickies, the people who use them would need a lot more time on their hands so they can figure stuff out on their own.

Caera, this isn't a guide. It's a work of art. I need to redo sections of the who-knows-yet-if-it's-even-useful FAQ document so they just link to the appropriate posts here. Now I wish even more that I'd waited a few more days before starting that up.

I also totes should've done what you did, which was post overnight on a weekend. Less troll risk, plus I'm guessing no 60-second post cooldown?

Two bits at the moment:

-- If you keep calling it "Deaden Nerves" instead of "Deadened Nerves" I will hunt you down and kill you. By which I mean hunt you down and then be killed *by* you, given that I have less than 5,000 HKs and recently specced Combat.

-- How would you feel about potentially separating out the "hit rating" stuff from all the other stats-related stuff? You combine them in Chap 2, and I do think you've worked out the flow nicely, but we're gonna be sending people to that particular chapter a lot, and the hit rating question is often asked separately from the stat weight question. It'd be easier to send people to the info if, say, stats were in post #3 and a detailed clarification on hit rating were in post #4.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
@Sheevah, Thank you for pointing out that error with the Sub spec breakdown. Fix't!

@Sauceboss, I clicked that link. How could you do that to me?!?

@Rfeann, Deaden Nerves Deaden Nerves Deaden Nerves! =P I kid, I kid. Fix't!

I will spend some time and turn stat/hit into their own sections, I think you're right there. Unfortunately still had the CD on posting, but yep, less chance of getting trolled. I reported yours as I saw them go up, I wasn't impressed since it looked like a good bit of effort on your part with that FAQ.

Also, in truth it was that post you linked that started this here ball a rollin'

@Everyone, Thanks kindly, I appreciate the response so far. Any comments, suggestions, criticisms welcome!
Edited by Caera on 4/16/2011 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
As an update to the discussion above, I'm going to be separating 'Hit Rating' into Chapter II and 'Other Stats' will become the new Chapter III. Everything else is going to cascade down according, so expect to see a few broken links while I do this either later this evening or tomorrow, depending on how much time I have for that. Again, thanks Rfeann for that suggestion.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Please bear my children. You are awesome for putting this together.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Thank you! The update is complete once I actually looked at it, it was much less work than I had estimated. Also, now with an Introduction! Ohh! Shiny!
Reply Quote
95 Human Rogue
Great post now that I get around to reading it lol Thanks for putting it together! Requested sticky ;)

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex

@Sauceboss, I clicked that link. How could you do that to me?!?

Thats a pretty dumb question imo

There is truth in this.

Made a few minor format updates, planning to replace text with item links for gems/enchants and whatnot, when I get around to it.

If anyone's seen or has a spare one lying around, I'd take it as a kindness.

http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/1978533.jpg
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Refresh Recuperate at < 3sec (1 tick) left so that the last tick is rolled into the next Recup

I believe this is refering to the bug where you wouldn't get energy from the last tick of recuperate (at 0 secs left). This has been fixed, recuperate should not be refreshed before it fades unless you are going to energy cap.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
# Shadow Dance when first Find Weakness is down

# Vanish, ShS, Ambush when the second Find Weakness is down

# Prep, Vanish, ShS, Ambush when the third Find Weakness is down

This is only for a burn phase. In normal fights you want at least 24 secs in between vanish/openings/ShDs so that shadowstep can be used in every instance. Of course, if you are trying to cram as much as possible into a bloodlust, go for it. Then again, you still might wait to use the last vanish (after prep) closer to the end of Lust so that SS still works.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Refresh Recuperate at < 3sec (1 tick) left so that the last tick is rolled into the next Recup

I believe this is refering to the bug where you wouldn't get energy from the last tick of recuperate (at 0 secs left). This has been fixed, recuperate should not be refreshed before it fades unless you are going to energy cap.

All DoTs have been updated with 4.0 that if you refresh with less than 1 tick left the last tick is added to the duration of the next. So if you refresh Rupture with more than 2 seconds left, you lose the last tick. Similarly, if you refresh Recuperate with more than 3 seconds left, you lose that last tick. But, if you refresh between the second to last and last tick it gets tacked onto the next. Such that it makes it easier to have continuous uptime. It also helps rogues in times of high energy we don't have to wait those full 2 seconds gaining 20+ energy and risk capping out, we can refresh and not waste any of our DoTs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]