Cloak & Dagger Compendium: Rogue Omnibus 4.3

100 Night Elf Rogue
That can't... huh. That's what the online thing was telling me to do as well, but I stopped because it got me to where I am now -- 1428 hit. What the blarg?

Ha! Slow on the draw, indeed. That took a *whole 30 minutes*. That's it: I'm sending you a pager in the mail so you can be notified whenever I post something to your attention.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
That can't... huh. That's what the online thing was telling me to do as well, but I stopped because it got me to where I am now -- 1428 hit. What the blarg?

Ha! Slow on the draw, indeed. That took a *whole 30 minutes*. That's it: I'm sending you a pager in the mail so you can be notified whenever I post something to your attention.

It's making the same errors with my armory (advising reforges that are already in place). Although it recognizes my hit rating correctly before it starts it then advises 3 reforges to hit, that I already have. I reset my .cfg file as well back to a pristine copy I keep since I edit it frequently and the issue persists. I am confuzzed.

Edit: Rollin' up the old sleeves I found that if you remove the Mastery -> Hit reforge from Tia's you will go from 1428 where you are now to the 1314 that the reforge has you aimed at, although why it isn't suggesting that, I don't know.
Edited by Caera on 4/24/2011 7:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
This old bean:

http://powerofb.wsnetwork.net/reforger/

Is telling me to do the following (not sure yet which are as-is and which are changes):

Recommended reforgings:
["Throat Slasher" 34 Crit to Mastery]
["Softwind Cape" 44 Haste to Mastery]
["VanCleef's Boots" 60 Haste to Hit]
["Poison Fang Bracers" 44 Haste to Mastery]
["Signet of the Elder Council" 50 Haste to Hit]
["Dagger of Restless Nights" 34 Crit to Mastery]
["Embrace of the Night" 60 Crit to Mastery]
["Leggings of the Burrowing Mole" 64 Expertise to Hit]
["Stormbolt Gloves" 59 Crit to Mastery]
["Winged Axe" 19 Expertise to Mastery]
["Hieroglyphic Vest" 72 Crit to Mastery]
["Don Rodrigo's Fabulous Necklace" 38 Haste to Hit]
["Key to the Endless Chamber" 114 Hit to Mastery]
["Mask of Vines" 72 Crit to Mastery]
Should not be reforged:
Belt of Nefarious Whispers
Tia's Grace
Terrath's Signet of Balance
Stats with no reforgings (EP = 5823.4):
Stats with current reforgings (EP = 5942.3):
Stats with recommended reforgings (EP = 6005.8):

It leaves my hit about 20 shy of the cap, but it seems more logical than what the other crapmonkeys are saying, so I'll give that a go. Many thanks for seeing my message and trying to help tho, Caera; I'll try not to pester like that again.

(BTW, Key was today's lucky win -- that's both trinkets within 24 hours, after going the better part of two months without either, tho as noted earlier I haven't done terribly many runs so it wasn't quite the grind for me that I'm beginning to guess it must have been for you. <sheepish>)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
I went through the list http://powerofb.wsnetwork.net/reforger/ gave you line by line, it confirms that the missing piece of the puzzle is Tia's Grace, so remove that reforge and you're set.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Oh. Der. Um... I think the entire difference is accounted for by unforging Tia's, which had been going mastery -> hit. That's the only diff between what I just dumped above and what you had said earlier. I think we both missed a spot. <sheepish more>

Thanks again, sorry for cluttering the thread.

(Edit: Also, what you just said. :) )

(Edit of edit: Only realized after all this was done that I forgot to toss my Mask of Vines after getting Numberless Shadows, and also forgot to update my equipment set. So I had to do everything all over again anyway once I'd equipped the right helmet. Fun night!)
Edited by Rfeann on 4/24/2011 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Oh. Der. Um... I think the entire difference is accounted for by unforging Tia's, which had been going mastery -> hit. That's the only diff between what I just dumped above and what you had said earlier. I think we both missed a spot. <sheepish more>

Thanks again, sorry for cluttering the thread.

(Edit: Also, what you just said. :) )

No problem at all. This has highlighted an issue with the reforge tool as well as the Shadowcraft issues (that were already known). I'm not sure why it's instructing reforges that are already in place. It should also be noting that the reforge on Tia needs to be removed. The weird thing is that it does correctly see the stat totals when it pulls the armory information so I'm not sure why it's having issues with recommending already in place reforges. I wonder if Blizzard has been messing around their site and it's causing errors in how the information is being pulled.

Edit: for your edit to the edit and then the edit of the edit while editing the edit, oh dear, what a night. On the upside the reforge tool is now projecting your hit rating to be 1329 after reforges, instead of 1314 I think you may have gained mastery as well, woo-hoo
Edited by Caera on 4/24/2011 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
C'mon Blizz...this needs a sticky!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Maybe/not worth adding to Chapter the Ninth: A mention of how kickin' Herbalism is as a gathering profession compared to the others? I realize min/maxers will go for two crafting professions regardless, but for those who prefer a more... pragmatic... approach to their profession selection, you arguably can't beat the Alchy/Herby synergy.

And *no*, I am most certainly *not* just looking for reasons to post in this thread so it stays on the front page. I am offended that you would even think of suggesting such a thing. Assuming that you did. Which you did not. But you could have.

How very astute of you. That's actually one of the sections I'm least happy with in it's current iteration and look to be expanding upon in the near(ish) future times.

As an update this is still in the works, and I'm hoping to have it together and up before the end of this weekend. Among other things, 4.1 has kept me busy and I haven't had the time to fully put together an expanded discourse on the gathering professions and their relative benefits to a rogue.

Also had a ponder to add a section on tips to craft rogue related macros. Rather than offer a list of common macros, which would be neither as comprehensive as entire resources dedicated to the matter, nor cover all the the Woulds, Maybes and What Ifs, that take a wander in from the fringe, my train a' thinkin' is to offer the fundamental frameworks along with common footsteps so people can shimmy up a macro to suit any party from fancy dress, to business casual, to luau. I'm still trying to think of a way to succinctly supply the kind of wonderful that would allow people to get from, "I wonder if a macro can," to, "Golly gee wilikers, what a macro!"

As with everything else in the thread I'd take thoughts/comments/suggestions as a kindness.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Drinking and posting, Caera. Drinking and posting. (Which, btw, you may want to take another look at the opening sentence of your first post. Just sayin. :) )

Kudos on finishing up all the normal raid content! I'm *right* behind. Swear.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
This is a great compendium, thanks for sharing all that info with us.

It's pretty much a must-read for noob rogues like myself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Caera, how's the update coming? :)
Reply Quote
75 Goblin Hunter
Giving a bump to this excellent guide.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
This definitely needs the old sticky treatment.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Shameless bump.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
05/01/2011 01:58 PMPosted by Guderien
Caera, how's the update coming? :)

Surely and truly still in the works. I am also going to add an index of common rogue lexicon that I use here as well as what will be seen gingerly peppered throughout these and other rogue haunts. That will be a quick update to look for tomorrow, my more ambitious additions still require a little more work before I feel satisfied that they are of the quality deserving of my fellow rogues.

Update: Lexicon is in, will be cleaning up the formatting and expanding, due to the fact I'm sure I've overlooked something, had less time to compile this today than I had hoped.

I think i will also add commonly used custom parameters for,

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t115053-complete_rogue_reforger_tool/

so that any spec may use it effectively and for both heroic and raid level content. Will post instructions on how to make the necessary changes at the same time.
Edited by Caera on 5/3/2011 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Added a few terms to the lexicon that I had over looked (knew there were some, sure there's more). Will be posting reforge configurations tomorrow afternoon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
05/06/2011 08:47 PMPosted by Caera
Will be posting reforge configurations tomorrow afternoon.

This is done, and I've added both the reforger config and the lexicon to the table of contents. Let me know what you think, I'm hoping the instructions make sense to people who aren't me, if I'm lacking clarity anywhere. point it out and I'll get on fixin' it.

Side note: Thor was great, well worth the delay in posting this.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
04/28/2011 03:23 PMPosted by Sauceboss
http://i.imgur.com/5OhBE.jpg

now i want to go do bwl
also, request for sticky!
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
bump -_-;; why isnt this stickied
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]