Cloak & Dagger Compendium: Rogue Omnibus 4.3

88 Blood Elf Paladin
Vex
Awesome! Nice job Caera.

Now you can work on your guide about how to deal with me and stay sane.
Edited by Somms on 12/9/2011 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
You do seem to drive everyone insaie, Somms.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Vex
Luv u c-rogue <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I haven't the foggiest how to explain this in a way that won't make brains explode, but the introduction of epic gems with 4.3 messes with the standard logic for which bonuses to go for. Assuming a person has the resources/ability to get the new epics, I believe the helmet slot is the only case now in which it makes any kind of sense to use anything other than a +50agi gem.

(This might be as much a question about who your target audience is for this guide; it's pretty likely that the epic gems are going to continue to be either prohibitively expensive or simply not worth the expense for most rogues, much as Landslide was during the first few months of the expansion.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Mm. I'm personally in wait & see with the epic gems. A lot does depend on how much and how readily available they are. Given the prevalence of gem slots everywhere this tier and almost every item slot having between 1-3 gem slots, that's quite a few epic gems required to full-on kit out in them. Which means JC might hold on to its edge at least for a little while longer. While at the same time delaying BS's dominance. But if enough Queen's Garnet make it out into the wild, or the prices aren't too prohibitive, well, we'll see how it goes. I have a few of them right now, but I've held off using them until I have some heroic items to put them in. Daggers, specifically.
Edited by Caera on 12/9/2011 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Awesome! Nice job Caera.

Now you can work on your guide about how to deal with me and stay sane.

Luv u c-rogue <3

Oh, you guys. You know how I feel about shameless flattery. So please, do continue. (>")>

Don't worry Somms, I'll have that guide up before long. Just gotta figure out where I left my sanity.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
SKP
Question concerning Rogue Race.

How much, on average, would the dps difference be between a goblin and an undead rogue, assuming equal gear/spec/skill?

Are we talking 3k, or are we talking 500? I know I prefer the Undead looks, armor and quests, but the Goblin racials are really hard to beat (Alchemy, cheaper stuff, etc)

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
12/10/2011 11:07 AMPosted by Socio
or are we talking 500
Probably less. Although it's exceptionally hard to quantify the Rocket Jump racial. This is why I recommend going with what you like, not what will give "max DPS." Unless you're min/maxing every conceivable facet of your rogue and play flawlessly 100% of the time, one racial or another is going to be completely washed out. Being a goblin is not going to give you a free pass to the top of a meter, and being undead is not going to relegate you to the bottom. Playing well is what will make or break you. Might as well be happy with your rogue while you're doing it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Now that the legendary daggers are out, might want to include a note on them where you listed the weapons used by each spec. Just sure if you did it... just a thought.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
12/12/2011 01:49 PMPosted by Darthsithis
Now that the legendary daggers are out, might want to include a note on them where you listed the weapons used by each spec. Just sure if you did it... just a thought.
I hadn't yet. I was considering it when I updated large sections of the Compendium not too long ago. I decided against at the time, because I felt the daggers were such a notable and singular exception that it didn't expressly need stating. Perhaps you're right and I should revisit that decision though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Or maybe say something along the lines of they are viable and why for those that have them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I have activated my concurrence mode. I think a "permanent" reference to the legendaries is likely to become only more relevant over the coming months, as more rogues get them, more people "return from hiatus" in the run-up to Pandaland and are in need of a primer on what's up currently, and Combat continues its ascendance as a top end-game DPS spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
Ok, you've both sold me. When I have a moment I'll give our precious' a share of the spotlight. Just gotta finish up working on heroic fight strats/assignments for the coming week.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Pushover.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/12/2011 02:54 PMPosted by Rfeann
Pushover.

That, he is.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I have been playing a rogue on and off since Vanilla and this is by far the most comprehensive guide I have ever read. Learned a few things out our class. This is a must read for any new rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
I'm glad to know it was helpful to you.

I've decided to (re)launch an initiative I've toyed with the idea of before:
Pilot Project:
Individual consult and 1-on-1 review available on my home server of US-Gorefiend when online. My raid times are Mon., Tues., Wed., 8-11:30pm (server). Please be mindful/respectful of these times.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369743517#1
If reading the compendium leaves you with new questions or what you're looking for isn't covered here, in addition to leaving a question here or creating a general topic on the forum, I'll field them when I'm online on US-Gorefiend (H). I've been fielding rogue-related questions to on-server players for some time now, and I've decided to open it up to off-server rogue interests as well. All that I ask is to check if I'm actively raiding first. As it's very likely I'll miss your questions entirely and/or not be in a position to answer you properly.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
If you ever see him respond to your whisper with "11!2111!2113111!26111!211!2VVVVVVVV," you'll know you just successfully wiped his raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
12/19/2011 08:57 AMPosted by Rfeann
If you ever see him respond to your whisper with "11!2111!2113111!26111!211!2VVVVVVVV," you'll know you just successfully wiped his raid.

Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'm glad to know it was helpful to you.

I've decided to (re)launch an initiative I've toyed with the idea of before:
Pilot Project:
Individual consult and 1-on-1 review available on my home server of US-Gorefiend when online. My raid times are Mon., Tues., Wed., 8-11:30pm (server). Please be mindful/respectful of these times.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369743517#1
If reading the compendium leaves you with new questions or what you're looking for isn't covered here, in addition to leaving a question here or creating a general topic on the forum, I'll field them when I'm online on US-Gorefiend (H). I've been fielding rogue-related questions to on-server players for some time now, and I've decided to open it up to off-server rogue interests as well. All that I ask is to check if I'm actively raiding first. As it's very likely I'll miss your questions entirely and/or not be in a position to answer you properly.

I'm also offering the same on US-Gorefiend as well, but more oriented to Assasination specific matters. While I am less knowledgeable than Caera on the other two specs, I have learned enough about Rogues to be able to offer constructive advice and be able to atleast point you in the right direction. I'm happy to help in any way I can when I'm not raiding. My Raid times are going to normally be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8-11:30PM server and some other random evenings depending on how our guild is flowing. I'm usually online at the same times Caera is and chances are if he's raiding, I am not.

I should also mention that someone seems to have noticed my level of Rogueish knowledge....I have been appointed the Rogue Class Officer of my guild, and have been put in charge of guild recruitment as well.

01101000 01110101 01110011 01101000 00101110
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]