Paid Character Transfer With Prepaid Card

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Rogue
So due to paranoia of using bank info the only way of getting a server xfer for my pally is via prepaid mastercard. I bought a 25 dollar card only to find myself getting an error every time I try to finalize the payment, which has been multiple times now. All the info is typed in correctly and it's been doing this since last night. I googled the issue too see if it was possible to use a prepaid card and I found this post

Technically, yes.

But the initial test charge of $1 will be withdrawn from the card for a period of usually 3-5 business days. In that time you will not be able to finalize the transfer because you will then have only $24 on the card.

You would need to wait those 3-5 business days until the $1 is released and added back to the card and then complete the transaction.

Is this true? What exactly is the "Test Charge"?
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
04/16/2011 10:37 AMPosted by Ünseen
What exactly is the "Test Charge"?

A verification hold. And there's no guarantee that it won't continue to apply them when you retry the transaction later.

You will have a lot of problems (and may well not be able to) pay for a $25 service with a $25 card.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
So even after the test charge is refunded to the card, it may do it again? /endlife.

What if I were to attach the card to paypal and use a temporary number from there?
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
04/16/2011 10:44 AMPosted by Ünseen
What if I were to attach the card to paypal and use a temporary number from there?

Same problem. Not to mention, as far as I know, PayPal discontinued that feature a couple of years ago.

Verification charges are only on the account for a very brief time, but it's long enough to keep the transaction from going through.

You need a bigger card.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Argh, well thanks for the help man. guess I'll have to get another one.
85 Human Warrior
what if you have a 60day time card is that the same thing or no
90 Human Paladin
01/13/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Vettie

You should make a new thread this one is really old
Community Manager
01/13/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Vettie

Time cards cannot be used to purchase character services - they can only be used towards your subscription.

Locking this thread to prevent further confusion.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]