Flaming Boar

1 Blood Elf Priest
can any1 hlp with some tips on taming this pain in the anus from what ive learned if he lvls before he dies u dont get flames but i just did that still no flames ???
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
It is no longer possible for pets to retain any special effects or buffs that were present before they were tamed. This is due to a glitch where certain pets retained cosmetic appearances and/or damage buffs when tamed. Instead of allowing for the possibility for of those damage buffs to get through, Blizzard handled them with one fell swoop. This was probably a much easier and better solution than picking and choosing what stayed and what went.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
when was this i saw the flaming boar tamed not even a week ago?
Edited by Fenlladronsd on 4/10/2011 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
04/10/2011 08:51 PMPosted by Fenlladronsd
can any1 hlp with some tips on taming this pain in the anus from what ive learned if he lvls before he dies u dont get flames but i just did that still no flames ???

He has to die and be tamed at the same time, time the death and the Tame Beast very carefully but making sure the DoT kills the mob a few milliseconds before the tame is finished. Then spam Revive Pet, perferabley before the same is done.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
i just got him after about 50 attempts but was worth it very kool pet
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Dumb-!@# blizzard got rid of the coolest pet in the game. I spent 5 hours trying to tame that pet. Really who was that bug hurting? What harm was the bug causing?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I dont know if Blizz got rid of him. Last I checked its still possible to obtain him. You need a person with the quest to toss the torch while you tame.

Timing is the issue. The tame is a constant 10 seconds. The torch is a varible and is not constant when it kills the boar. Add to this the throw timing must be correct to kill the boar at the time the tame is complete with the flame debuff still active.

Now on the last second of the tame you must be spamming Rez Pet to get the pet to despawn with the flame debuff and to stop it from its auto lvl'ing.

You are correct, its a PITA to tame and will take time to obtain it, but when you have it, you will have one nice looking pet.

Goodluck on the tame.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/10/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Gallyreborn
Dumb-!@# blizzard got rid of the coolest pet in the game. I spent 5 hours trying to tame that pet. Really who was that bug hurting? What harm was the bug causing?

Helluva necro there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I tried to tame it for 1-2 hours a week ago.

No longer working, and I checked Petopia nobody else was able to tame special pet buffs. Except for one, a glowy two headed bird in Outland. This is because the glitch tame has to do with despawning, not death or abandonment.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21470

05/10/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Gallyreborn

I remember reading somewhere that there was a silithid that gave a great buff to fellow silithids, and it stacked. But via this glitch tame you could tame it with the buff and give it to your fellow party members, so raid guilds were using this to get massive 100% increase in something or other, I forget what exactly.
Edited by Litlemouse on 5/10/2012 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
how do i tame this pet???
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Hunter
05/10/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Stalkings

Helluva necro there.
Reply Quote
45 Troll Druid
I tried to tame it for 1-2 hours a week ago.

No longer working, and I checked Petopia nobody else was able to tame special pet buffs. Except for one, a glowy two headed bird in Outland. This is because the glitch tame has to do with despawning, not death or abandonment.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21470

I remember reading somewhere that there was a silithid that gave a great buff to fellow silithids, and it stacked. But via this glitch tame you could tame it with the buff and give it to your fellow party members, so raid guilds were using this to get massive 100% increase in something or other, I forget what exactly.

That was one of the reasons,there was another one,but I can't really remmeber it now though.
Those glitch buff pets were fixed quite quickly once Blizz found out about them.
*Just relized it was a Necro thread. xD, whoops*
Edited by Faylinn on 8/2/2012 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
PUG
I had the boar tamed before they fixed it. It was one of the coolest pets in the game, now its just another battle boar... /cry
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
annoyed when i pulled out my old armored boar and it's a normal boar now :(
Reply Quote
After reading above, I checked my stabled flaming boar I tamed looongg time ago and yep, he is still aflaming!!!! However, I am not having any luck taming a new one for a new low level hunter on a different server so perhaps it has been corrected now. Still I have my old flaming boar on this toon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]