Tuesday, 12 April 2011 - ONLY Tuesday QQ

MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
This week feels like it should already be closer to done ... Monday took up three days worth of brain reserves.

Ever had a discussion with someone who rants and raves about crazy people, not realizing said ranting and raving is pretty darn crazy? (No, Iki, you don't need to answer that. I know you deal with the loopier ones.) Well, yeah, not sure why I'm bothering, but I've been having one of those conversations on a completely unrelated forum.

A few more levels on a few more babies, but really wasn't much in a grinding mood. Instead, Sana went exploring and finished out Barrens and Mulgore. Piddly experience from it all, but it was a nice change of pace from doing daily cooking, daily fishing, daily JC, dungeon, and a couple quests.

Whew, Pip had gotten so hyper in her story that she exhausted me and I never finished it. =S Need to get back to that.

Good morning Sentinels!

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
IC: I discovered that Tanria just gets... really sleepy after inducing in a bit of alcohol (thanks Ruby), so I guess she's the boring one of my characters thus far.

OOC: Called an early raid night after punching a boss in the face on the account that most of our guild will be flying in this week for a RL wedding for two of our guildmates. Wish I could go. :(

IRL: A lot of BS happened yesterday. I was pretty much screwed on my practicum exam because:

A) In addition to sabotaging the equipment (which was expected), our instructor ALSO sabotaged our equipment bags (which was not expected).
B) I did not have enough XLR cables to complete the exam.
C) I was not afforded a chance to check my equipment bag to see whether I had my supplies before it began.

And I found out after I took my test that I'm not the only one who had this happen to them. In fact, out of everyone that took the test so far, only -one- person actually had enough of their equipment to do the assigned tasked for the test.

It's pretty safe to say that I'm a little pissed.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I did some blacksmithing on Tata, got up to 495, mining at 523. Did a few quests on her, about a third of the way to 84. She went out to Uldum, cause of what Iki told her, about how neat it was and all the things going on out there. Yeah, she was less than impressed. Dust blowing, hot, crazy cat people, tiny sand warriors with blow guns, starving hyenas everywhere and nutso relic hunters. She much preferred the underworld of Deepholm. Something about being that close to the world pillar, the one thing keeping the world together, the magnificent power it shoulders. Much more a warrior thing to her.

Kizwerg got a few more points in her crafting done, didn't get any levels though, maybe tonight her and Tata will both gain a level, unless I space off and log into Sam or something :p

Well, guess it's back to the work stuffs, and brownies, lots and lots of brownies. What in the world am I to do with all these extra brownies?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Creek says wut.

Well, been a while since I've posted in this on any of my characters. A lot is happening.
Nothing IC, I'll get to that in a mi -- well, right here.

I'm moving Creek off the server finally. Actually started the transfer this morning; it was the first thing I did, even before crawling out of bed. Don't judge me, my bed is comfy and warm and getting up meant I needed to do yard work.
I'd previously been playing him only to raid, but I have no will to do back to Heroic Crisis after Elision's collapse. He was also already my last character on the server, so there you go.

Doing spring cleaning on the house. Had to pull up a load of ivy that had taken over the front porch and rooted through the pot it was planted in last fall. We're probably not going to go put more ivy in, that stuff's a pain. Right now the house is getting pressure washed, but that's a one man job and I'd get in the way.

Tore my arm up pulling that ivy. Wasn't poison or anything, but I sc#!*@d both arms pretty bad against the bricks and pot. Oh well.

You're probably not going to see me posting again. I just wanted to say to the people who I have known on this server forever, <3 you. Yes, even you, Marsh. You bastard.

Creek out.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
IRL: A lot of BS happened yesterday. I was pretty much screwed on my practicum exam because:

That's hardly a test of ones knowledge. As a former University instructor I find that sort of tactic rather appalling actually. As it doesn't so much as teach someone what they need to do to insure they do the job, as it does to teach them not to trust their instructors.

In the professional world, either you provide your own equipment or you are provided the equipment. If the latter, you usually get to inspect it prior to any sort of work that is to occur, if you are dealing with professionals. If they aren't professionals? Meh, who cares they aren't professional.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
OOC: Called an early raid night after punching a boss in the face on the account that most of our guild will be flying in this week for a RL wedding for two of our guildmates. Wish I could go. :(

That's this week? Well I hope they have a good time!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
IC: Thallia is most certainly arguing with her brother and her guardian because she's stubborn and refuses to stay out of Twilight Highlands, regardless of the danger. Aevah is doing what she does best-- nosing around at old artifacts and making sure that none of them fall into the wrong hands. ((archaeology ftw)) Delandre is busily attempting to translate a tome from the Eldre'Thalas library... which she has a sneaking suspicion might come back to bite her in the arse.

OOC: Slowly taking Thallia through the rest of the TH quests in hopes that it adds some more epicness to her already four-year long backstory. Also praying to the WoW gods for the Staff of Sorcerer-Thane Thaurissan as Aevah continues to dig in the dirt up and down Eastern Kingdoms. Planning a hilarious little guld RP event with a not-so-Del-looking-Del.

IRL: Attempting to not headdesk over the utterly ridiculous ideas my sister-in-law has for bridesmaids dresses, while simultaneously attempting not to drive to the headquarters of Turbo Tax to tell them their online product is a rip off. And laundry. Always with the laundry...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Gettin' back into forum antics, for great justice.

[RL] It's finally getting warm out! Hooray for open windows and fresh air, and maybe ice cream later!

[IG] Dig, dig, dig. Craft, craft, craft. Queue, queue, queue.

[IC] A new campaign of misdirection and deceit begins! It doesn't count as evil if it's completely nonviolent and intended for the greater good, right? >.>
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
04/12/2011 10:19 AMPosted by Tanria
XLR cables
Those words are forbidden on this here forum. I'ma go cry in a corner now.

Started a new Mass Effect game as an Infiltrator to test out the DLC I have yet to complete, and I'm loving the class. Cloak FTW!

Dun have much outside of that. I'm looking to perhaps maybe possibly start another PbP PnP game, but I'd need the right system for it. That's where YOU, the people on this forum that may have more experience than me on the subject, come in. I'm looking for a modern/high tech/steampunk (mix of those or one of them) setting that doesn't use magic (or has VERY limited use of it) without all the fantasy stuff you find in D&D. (Weird monsters, species, magic, magic item, etc) Does anyone knows of a good system that would fit those specs?
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
You're probably not going to see me posting again. I just wanted to say to the people who I have known on this server forever, <3 you. Yes, even you, Marsh. You bastard.

Hi and bye. Your tauren mug will be missed even if you haven't posted in forever and a day.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
[ IRL ] Eh. Work? It's where I'm at right now.. hurr. Not surprising I'd be posting on the forums rather than paying attention to like.. ya know.. work.

[ IG ] Cho'gall down again, tier shoulders ftw. Hopefully going to start gearing out the lock and possibly getting stuff for the priest. Guild is tense.

[ IC ] Wtf? Why am I awake and not drunk yet?

Yes, unfortunatley, Cal has a been binge drinking. Shame on him and his paladin-ness...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
[IC] Frosty has had a busy week full of fun RP. He attended the Servitors' Cathedral Square Takeover with Ruby, visited the Orphanage again to play with the children, went to Belle's house and learned about being a scribe, and he and Hildwyn got to see Azmadarius' new farm.

[IG] Finally finished Deepholm, and now have the ability to do Therazane dailies. Yay.

[RL] Nothing terribly exciting going on. Though I do confess that I am looking forward to the premiere of Game of Thrones on Sunday night.
I won't be able to watch it live because I have to see an elf about a hanging, but the DVR will pick it up.
Edited by Frostygos on 4/12/2011 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
04/12/2011 10:43 AMPosted by Ikinai

That's hardly a test of ones knowledge. As a former University instructor I find that sort of tactic rather appalling actually. As it doesn't so much as teach someone what they need to do to insure they do the job, as it does to teach them not to trust their instructors.

In the professional world, either you provide your own equipment or you are provided the equipment. If the latter, you usually get to inspect it prior to any sort of work that is to occur, if you are dealing with professionals. If they aren't professionals? Meh, who cares they aren't professional.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about the whole thing.

I expect the equipment bag to be fine. Why? Because there's a group of people who -CHECK- to make sure that everything I requested is in that bag. If there are things missing in there, then they aren't doing their jobs. Furthermore, if I was the one who checked the bag out that day, I would be double-checking to make sure I had everything before leaving the A/V check-out counter.

And as I've been finding out throughout the day, it wasn't just cables being taken out of the bags. Someone had two wireless mic transmitters in their equipment bag, instead of a transmitter and a receiver. How the hell are you going to get anything done with two transmitters?

I can't tolerate BS like this, if it isn't obvious yet.

04/12/2011 10:50 AMPosted by Silversol

That's this week? Well I hope they have a good time!

Yeah. And I wish I was going. :/ Sigh.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The ultimate recycling program.
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Rogue
[IC] All's been quiet on the front here. My work hours have led me to only coming on at the latest hours. So when I'm around, everyone else is asleep.

[OoC] Lately, it's been mostly Noblegarden stuff. Considering how I've been playing this game for the longest time, it sort of surprises me that I never bothered to do the Noblegarden stuff. Looking at trying to get that pretty white Strider for one of the kidlets and I think I'll have it by tonight.

Otherwise, I've been running a lot of the older raids for Xmog goodies and trying to get some characters level capped before I decide to go roll a troll something rather.

Outside of Azeroth and its related fields, it's been mostly office work and artist commissions. I'm a lot busier in the present than I was way back a couple years ago.
Edited by Soryk on 4/12/2012 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
04/12/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Silversol

Silver ....

You really did just completely confuse me for a moment there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/12/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Eilethalua

Silver ....

You really did just completely confuse me for a moment there.

I guess you could say....

...it came outta the blue.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
04/12/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Silversol
...it came outta the blue.

BA DUM CHISH ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]