Account total played time?

86 Draenei Hunter
Hello everybody! I was just curious if anybody knows a way to see the total time your account has played? I know you can do /played to see a specific character's time played, but i've started and deleted so many characters and play a ton of alts. I'm very curious to see the total time i've spent playing this game since Vanilla.

Thank you in advance to anybody that might have an answer or direct me somewhere that would :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ya know I've thought about this too. I don't think there is a way to do it. Also, I feel like knowing how many total hours I've played WoW would only make me sad, so I don't want to know. When I sat down and figured out how much money I've spent on it, I almost cried. Can't imagine that knowing the number of days I've spent on this game would be much better to deal with.
Edited by Mìshka on 4/12/2011 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
I agree. When I did the /played on one of my mains and it told me it was over a full year of play time, I was shocked. And that was only one toon! I'm still very curious what the total time is though, so if anybody has an idea of how, please share. thanks!!
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
Thanks Idej, I'll have to check that out. Does it show entire playtime of every alt you've ever had or just the current alts?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
It only does current alts. To get deleted alts you need to have them restored and log into them. The mod does a /played command whenever you log on and keeps track of the number.

I wouldn't suggest doing it. Gets real depressing when you get past the 300 days mark. All things being equal, I rather have not known. Even if most of that time was from vanilla and bc.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
:( ok thanks! I'm still pretty curious, but it's not a huge deal. If somebody does know a way to see the total account play time please let us know. Thanks in advance! And thank you for those that have responded with help so far.
Reply Quote
There's currently no way I know of to query /played time for a deleted character.

Altoholic can only total up all of the /played time on every character it has seen you log in to. It has no way of knowing the /played time on any character unless you log in to that character at least once. It does a /played check at logout to keep its database updated.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Could give cs a call or post to know. They tend to go above and beyond for even the silliest requests. Lord knows i've asked for pretty dumb stuff over the years.

Wouldn't hurt to ask.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
04/12/2011 04:01 PMPosted by Mìshka
Ya know I've thought about this too. I don't think there is a way to do it. Also, I feel like knowing how many total hours I've played WoW would only make me sad, so I don't want to know. When I sat down and figured out how much money I've spent on it, I almost cried. Can't imagine that knowing the number of days I've spent on this game would be much better to deal with.

I hear you...

QFT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I would still like to know the total time for my account there must be some way to know. Ive been playing on and off since the start.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Huntsmanjack, get Altoholic, log on to each of your toons, then bring it up. Select Account Summary and Summary tab. The Played column will list all toons played times and give total at bottom.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Well back in Vanilla/BC i was well over a year already.

I really really don't want to know now.

if i were to have a guess. I'd approx guess 2.5 - 3 years of my life continuously was spent on this game?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
why doesnt people want to know? why does that make you sad? i would be happy to know ive spent 10 years on this game. but sadly i only started
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
11/11/2015 06:09 AMPosted by Wiindranger
why doesnt people want to know? why does that make you sad? i would be happy to know ive spent 10 years on this game. but sadly i only started

I think once you see the cumulative time/money spent, people have a tendency to lump it all together in one shot. As if, when it says you've played for a year, your brain makes you look back and think you had a full year off to do anything you wanted and you chose to play a video game the whole time. Trouble is, play time comes in chunks, so it's not like you had a whole year in front of you and you squandered it.

Money is the same way. If you've subscribed for 10 years straight, that's about $1,800 in subscription fees you've spent. Your brain says "Wow, I wish I had that $2,000 now." But, it was really $15 a month over a very long period of time.

You really can't judge the time or money in a game like this past each individual time you sit down or pay for a month of game time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Id rather play video games then socialize with today's generation lol. but yeah now i get your point. poeple refer to wow as a shameful topic these days. there used to be a time when it was the cool thing to play wow
Edited by Wiindranger on 11/20/2015 7:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Could've picked a better post to Necro !!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
11/20/2015 07:10 AMPosted by Wiindranger
Id rather play video games then socialize with today's generation lol. but yeah now i get your point. poeple refer to wow as a shameful topic these days. there used to be a time when it was the cool thing to play wow

WoW is a great game. There's tons of stuff to do and explore, and sometimes I wish I could erase 10 years of my memory and be a brand new player again. You are in a very unique position. Take things slowly and soak it all in.

Lots of love and time has gone into the world you're experiencing, and you're lucky to be looking at it with new eyes right now. Not everyone you meet will look at you cross-eyed if you tell them you play WoW. The game is very much alive and well.

I want to say that throughout my entire account I probably have over 500 days /played. I've not looked at that running total in Altoholic in a while, but I know I have over 300 days on my warlock.

Necro, but far from an obsolete topic.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
yeah. but im kinda pissed at lfd. too bad i missed the time of actual adventuring and multiplayer in wow
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]