Mini map missing. How do I reset?

85 Gnome Mage
Hey gurus. The mini map has gone the way of talent twinking, and is somewhere off-screen. How do I reset the mini-map so it is visible. Thanks. Alesson
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Try typing (in the chat line)

/console reloadui

then hit enter.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
A full UI reset would be in order to do this.

1. Exit the game completely.
2. Open your WoW directory.
3. Delete, rename, or move the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders from inside the WoW directory.
4. Reboot your computer.
5. Start WoW normally via the launcher or WoW.exe program and do not re-add any addons before testing the issue.
Reply Quote
58 Human Death Knight

/console reloadui

then hit enter.

Won't work, all that does is basically to the equivalent of logging you out and back in.

OP, I suggest performing a Full UI Reset.

Common Display Issues

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20377

**THIS WILL RESET ALL SETTINGS TO THEIR DEFAULT. ALTERNATIVELY, YOU MAY RENAME THE FOLDERS INSTEAD OF DELETING THEM. NEW ONES WILL BE CREATED UPON STARTING THE CLIENT, AND IF THE ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED BY RESETTING YOUR UI YOU MAY DELETE THE NEW FOLDERS AND RE-NAME THE ORIGINALS BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL NAMES.**
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

/console reloadui

then hit enter.

Won't work, all that does is basically to the equivalent of logging you out and back in.

OP, I suggest performing a Full UI Reset.

Common Display Issues

<a href="http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20377">http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20377</a>

**THIS WILL RESET ALL SETTINGS TO THEIR DEFAULT. ALTERNATIVELY, YOU MAY RENAME THE FOLDERS INSTEAD OF DELETING THEM. NEW ONES WILL BE CREATED UPON STARTING THE CLIENT, AND IF THE ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED BY RESETTING YOUR UI YOU MAY DELETE THE NEW FOLDERS AND RE-NAME THE ORIGINALS BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL NAMES.**

Sometimes it does work. And it is normally the first step in troubleshooting the UI.
Reply Quote
58 Human Death Knight
04/12/2011 05:16 PMPosted by Salacyous
Sometimes it does work. And it is normally the first step in troubleshooting the UI.

I never denied either of those things. I'm just saying that if it doesn't work for whatever reason, they can avoid losing their settings for nothing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Maximize your screen, if it's playing in minimized window mode. Or change your screen resolution to highest to make everything tiny and stretch out the window - you may be able to grab the minimap and drag it in the middle where you can place it correctly.

ps. I've done something like that, you just need to adjust your views until you can grab a tiny bit of the object.

Edited by Vixie on 4/12/2011 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
To reset the little zone map (Control-M mini map) browse to your world of Warcraft folder.

C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ Account name\Server\ Character\SavedVariables

and delete these 2 files: Blizzard_battlefieldMinimap.lua and Blizzard_battlefieldMinimap.lua.bak

Best thing to do is copy them somewhere else, just in case you get the wrong file by mistake.

Had this problem for a long time and searched all over for a solution. I did not want to delete my WTF folder and lose all my layouts, settings etc... So this is the perfect solution for me!

Hope this post helps.....
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
To reset the little zone map (Control-M mini map) browse to your world of Warcraft folder.

C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ Account name\Server\ Character\SavedVariables

and delete these 2 files: Blizzard_battlefieldMinimap.lua and Blizzard_battlefieldMinimap.lua.bak

Best thing to do is copy them somewhere else, just in case you get the wrong file by mistake.

Had this problem for a long time and searched all over for a solution. I did not want to delete my WTF folder and lose all my layouts, settings etc... So this is the perfect solution for me!

Awesome man, this was just the fix I needed. I tried searching the web, but most of them included messing with some addon that was screwing things up, an addon I don't have. Thanks Tomalock. :)
Reply Quote
29 Night Elf Druid
I just had this problem. They really should have a reset position button in the settings tab for this.
Reply Quote
4 Gnome Rogue
Menu
Options
Advanced
set UI scale to LOW
Apply
Drag the minimap back to middle and reset the scale to your liking.

Simplest solutions are are always the best.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
Menu
Options
Advanced
set UI scale to LOW
Apply
Drag the minimap back to middle and reset the scale to your liking.

Simplest solutions are are always the best.

Check the post date this thread is old
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

awesome man u saved my day cheers..:)
Edited by Johnblack on 8/13/2012 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]