Stop Macros and Addons from Guild Inviting

I started a new alt on another server and am constantly spammed with guild invites and spam whispers. I assume this is an addon like Guild Mass Invite ( http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/guild-mass-inviter.aspx ) that is constantly harassing me while I'm trying to play.

I choose not to be in a guild on said alt. Before this would mean I might get a guild charter pop up while in Org or SW, but now they can target me anywhere in the world for this. Please program something to stop these addons from being able to target random players to invite.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
You can block guild invites in the interface options
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
It falls under spam and you can open a ticket for it, particularly if they keep spamming you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It is extreemly annoying. I start a new alt and before I can even whisper one of my mains guild members to invite it I get a dozen invites from random guilds.

Luckily I dont have to worry about it to long but it is still annoying.
Reply Quote
04/14/2011 01:11 AMPosted by Empse

Thanks, I'll take a look!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
04/14/2011 01:11 AMPosted by Empse

I wish it worked on charter spamming, too. It doesn't.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
This is really just a symptom of a bigger problem. These guilds are doing this to power-level their guild and after they hit level 25 will boot everyone that's not in their core group. So even if you do accept the invite, all your hard work helping the guild level and all the rep you earn with them will vanish.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]