Petition For Change ---> Please Sticky <---

90 Night Elf Druid
I would like to request that Blizzard set up separate forums for players looking for guilds and guilds looking for players.

If Blizz could go even further to allow players and guilds locate each other on the forum (or add cross server support somehow to the forthcoming in-game tool) then I would be overjoyed.

Finally, some questions regarding the "no bumping" rule for the recruiting forum:

What constitutes "excessive bumping"?

How often are we allowed to post in our own recruitment threads before it is considered bumping? I would be happy to simply set an alarm on my watch to keep from breaking the rules.

If I get various members of my guild to come along and make new posts in the thread on a regularly scheduled basis, does it change how often we are allowed to "make new posts that cause the thread to rise up to the top of the forum" (without actually "bumping" of course)

Does Blizzard consider it better if guilds simply make a new recruitment thread every hour? There really aren't any explicit rules again frequently posting on the forum from what I can tell. I suppose that copy pasting the same exact text in each thread would pose a problem with the anti-spam policies, but I could always change it up a bit from post to post without too much effort.

Does one person copy/pasting the same exact ~1600 words over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again in different people's threads count as "spam" Or is it ok as long as we include the thread creators name at the top of the post?

Please reply to this thread -without bumping it- if you would like to see some of these changes take place or have some of these questions answered. Voting the thread up and asking for it to be stickied would also be a great way to get Blizzard to take notice of it.

If you are a healer looking for a solid raid experience with a group of awesome and talented people pushing for a Sinestra kill in the near future then you should reply to me in my guild's recruitment thread, as I would like to keep this one on topic:

****EDIT****
Unfortunately, we filled all of our available raid spots a couple of weeks ago.

Thankfully, I know of a great guild that is still looking for a healer and a moonkin, so you're not completely out of luck!

Their recruitment thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456450104
Edited by Gaìa on 5/6/2011 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
04/14/2011 11:48 AMPosted by Gaìa
I would like to request that Blizzard set up separate forums for players looking for guilds and guilds looking for players

I like this idea. Or even bring back their advanced search options would be nice. Have you posted this in the general discussion? It will probably be buried really quickly here. :)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
I agree with this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I like this idea.

Also, get some filters on here. Faction, Server, Raid Size, Days, Needs, etc. We won't bump as much if people can narrow their search.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hey!

Bonus plan!

If you post here that you have voted for a sticky and leave a link to your own recruiting thread I will "visit" your thread and post a thank you. (which hopefully will not count as a "bump")

Is that like offering to buy votes? What are the ethical implications of such an offer? hmmm...
Edited by Gaìa on 4/14/2011 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Good Idea
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I approve this message!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
As far as I know, if you post more than once every day in a single thread you are eligible to be reported and receive a temp ban. Content of your post does not matter.

/liked

This would be a nice change.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Totally agree
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
great ideas!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As far as I know, if you post more than once every day in a single thread you are eligible to be reported and receive a temp ban. Content of your post does not matter.

So I need to wait until tomorrow before I thank you for the clarification?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Idk why someone reported your post...guess its more of a suggestion. But i agree Blizz could improve the Guild Recruitment forums quite a lot.
Reply Quote
I approve this message
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
04/14/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Healém
Idk why someone reported your post...guess its more of a suggestion. But i agree Blizz could improve the Guild Recruitment forums quite a lot.

Probably because it uses the word "petition"

In all honesty... the Guild recruitment forums that WoW has officially provided are subpar to a number of other websites that run similar resources. A forum is just not efficient or effective. Most of the good options use a database type approach that allows you to search various features such as guild focus, raid times, guild needs, Player needs, what level of progression etc.

That type of service means someone looking to fill a guild needs or a player looking to find a new guild spends a relative short amount of time looking for compatibility and doesn't spend hours looking at things that do not match what they desire.

WoW forums are pretty poor for that... the dedicated few will go past page 5 of listings. (which means people spam bump to keep their posts noticed) Lazy recruiters will do the copy/paste spam after barely reading the persons post which is a turn off.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I support this as well. It currently is very confusing and difficult to find people/guilds. Seperate forums for guilds to post and players would at least give people the right area to look. Ideally even you could seperate this further into 10 man and 25 man as it seems that is a pretty easy split.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Agree.

Not allowing bumping on recruiting posts shows a lack of understanding on how we use recruiting posts and how they are different from other types of threads.
Edited by Malynn on 4/14/2011 2:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Total great idea blizz ... Take this one and run ... Even if its from a Night Elf :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]