Petition For Change ---> Please Sticky <---

In all honesty... the Guild recruitment forums that WoW has officially provided are subpar to a number of other websites that run similar resources. A forum is just not efficient or effective. Most of the good options use a database type approach that allows you to search various features such as guild focus, raid times, guild needs, Player needs, what level of progression etc.

That type of service means someone looking to fill a guild needs or a player looking to find a new guild spends a relative short amount of time looking for compatibility and doesn't spend hours looking at things that do not match what they desire.

WoW forums are pretty poor for that... the dedicated few will go past page 5 of listings. (which means people spam bump to keep their posts noticed) Lazy recruiters will do the copy/paste spam after barely reading the persons post which is a turn off.

I just want to second this, forums are a terrible way to manage recruitment.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I agree!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
WINNER!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Its way to hard for players to find a guild that is looking for them and guilds to keep their post where players can see it if i bump my post at 8 am its 6 or 7 pages back by noon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I know they are putting in a Looking for Guild tool in the future patch, but I'm not sure if it's just for server of cross-realm. Either way, yes, this is a great idea.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for all of the support!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Different character?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
/bump for appproval
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
As far as I know, if you post more than once every day in a single thread you are eligible to be reported and receive a temp ban. Content of your post does not matter.

So I need to wait until tomorrow before I thank you for the clarification?

Ahaha. From experience, I've not typically seen action taken unless someone in the forum decides you're bumping too much and reports you. That said, in order to request a sticky people have to report your post. :) Kinda a weird way of working. . .
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

So I need to wait until tomorrow before I thank you for the clarification?

Ahaha. From experience, I've not typically seen action taken unless someone in the forum decides you're bumping too much and reports you. That said, in order to request a sticky people have to report your post. :) Kinda a weird way of working. . .

That makes sense
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Agreed! Do want!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hope everyone had a good weekend
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I like the idea of separating the guilds' posts from the individuals looking for a guild =)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
/agree
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I agree with the seperate guild and player guild recruitment threads.

In my wildest dreams, I would like to see improved search tools and perhaps a more elaborate post creation tool for recruitment posts that include:

Check boxes for days that you raid on
    Time fields for raid times
    Class, role and spec that is needed for the guild/that you are interested in being recruited for

For now, I'd settle for seperate forums.
Reply Quote
I think separate forums for people looking for a guild and guilds looking for people is a great idea.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Separate forums would help to begin with. There are other issues but that would help alot.

I'd suggest everyone click the "like" button. As I understand, if a post gets enough "likes" it flags it for CMs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks again for ll of the support from everyone!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What ever happened to this idea? Maybe this just isn't the best forum to try and hold a discussion about the state of recruitment?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]