Guild support on API

85 Night Elf Druid
I'm wondering if the future of the API will include guild support, such that sites attempting to rank guilds (such as wowprogress or guildox) will be able to check the guild statistics as opposed to the armory of each member attempting to tally up the amount of people who have killed.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
We don't have any plans to try to find a way to expose statistics on guild progress, although guild achievement data is something that we are planning on providing.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Hiya Straton - Polar here, the author of GuildOx.com

This is excellent news and I am looking forward to see what you guys will be providing.

For guild progression ranks, my main request is that the (1) guild achievement data provides UTC timestamps for achievements and ALL criteria as well and (2) you provide data on mode in which the raid achievement was gained (specifically 25m or 10m)

These two pieces of info would allow GuildOx to track all boss kills and the modes in which they were made.

Keep up the great work!

PS - if you need any clarification then don't hesitate to email me : polar at guildox.com
Edited by Polarbeard on 4/19/2011 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/19/2011 03:22 PMPosted by Polarbeard
This is excellent news and I am looking forward to see what you guys will be providing.

There are currently have no plans to support anything other than realm status, character profiles, guild profiles, arena team profiles and auction house data dumps, according to Straton.
04/20/2011 12:22 PMPosted by Sixen
There are currently have no plans to support anything other than realm status, character profiles, guild profiles, arena team profiles and auction house data dumps, according to Straton.

My friend, Straton states that they plan to do guild achievement data. All I am asking here is that the guild achievement data contain certain info so that GuildOx can continue to do guild progression ranks in an efficient manner. I am not asking for anything beyond this.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

For guild progression ranks, my main request is that the (1) guild achievement data provides UTC timestamps for achievements and ALL criteria as well and (2) you provide data on mode in which the raid achievement was gained (specifically 25m or 10m)

These two pieces of info would allow GuildOx to track all boss kills and the modes in which they were made.

Not sure but I think you're missing an important part that's currently not featured on guild achievements... namely, actually having a guild achievement that covers each boss at each difficulty. I believe currently at a guild level this data can be obtained for normal modes, but not heroic modes. Obviously providing this data would allow guild rankings to be determined in a fraction of the time it currently takes, which would ease the load on Blizzard's servers. However, I've never read anything to indicate they were going to change the structure of these achievements moving forward, so even if guild achievements are exposed through the API it won't allow us to stop checking each member and tallying results.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Not sure but I think you're missing an important part that's currently not featured on guild achievements... namely, actually having a guild achievement that covers each boss at each difficulty.

It is all there - you just need to look a little further :)

Although I should have been a little more specific in my needs. Try:

For GuildOx progression ranks, my main request is that the guild achievement data provides (1) UTC timestamps for all achievements and timestamps for any meta criteria and (2) data on the mode in which the raid achievement and any meta criteria was gained (specifically 25m or 10m)
Edited by Polarbeard on 4/22/2011 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Where? I have never been able to locate information in Guild achievements for heroic bosses other than the "final" bosses. For instance, there's no achievement for clearing BWD on heroic... just killing heroic Nef. There's also no separate achievement for killing the 5 prior bosses on heroic. What am I missing?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
04/22/2011 11:04 PMPosted by Normalized
Where? I have never been able to locate information in Guild achievements for heroic bosses other than the "final" bosses. For instance, there's no achievement for clearing BWD on heroic... just killing heroic Nef. There's also no separate achievement for killing the 5 prior bosses on heroic. What am I missing?

Ahh heroic. Sorry, I thought you were talking about normal.

Yes, you have a point - without showing non-end boss heroic mode boss achievements we will have to go back to scanning players. :(

I don't expect Blizz to be adding these in as guild achievements (although it would be an elegant solution) so a suggestion on how to solve this would be to have a guild news feed (like the old activity feeds). We could specify a date range on the feed and have it return raid boss kills - time/date, boss, mode. The only catch would be that the feed needs to be able show all activity for the current expansion, not just the last x entries.

Edit: Mr Straton - are any guild "news feeds" planned as part of the guild API?
Edited by Polarbeard on 4/23/2011 12:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Polar
you ever considered using lootid's? i designed a addon for wowroster that tracked progress of the guild the only determining facter on kills was if the lootid of an item showed in the data base its not perfect but it does work
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Hard to track a "guild kill" vs a player that stumbles into a run based on this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
that is true but if statistics are aval this this can be scaned thru them which is a better option some times
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
04/23/2011 12:00 AMPosted by Polarbeard

Ahh heroic. Sorry, I thought you were talking about normal.

Yes, you have a point - without showing non-end boss heroic mode boss achievements we will have to go back to scanning players. :(

I don't expect Blizz to be adding these in as guild achievements (although it would be an elegant solution) so a suggestion on how to solve this would be to have a guild news feed (like the old activity feeds). We could specify a date range on the feed and have it return raid boss kills - time/date, boss, mode. The only catch would be that the feed needs to be able show all activity for the current expansion, not just the last x entries.

Edit: Mr Straton - are any guild "news feeds" planned as part of the guild API?

Not that I don't fully get where you're coming from or disagree, but something tells me that news feeds would be something that would be accessible to guild members only as it currently is in game. My observation of what has been said by Blizz thus far regarding the data available through the API is that they are basically giving us access to certain parts of it, but it will be a reflection of what is available in game. So far they haven't said anything to make me think they will be providing customized or more detailed info through the API. As nice as it would be.

But here's hoping. ;)
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
I'll ask Grotako about posting about some of the upcoming features and what data will be included.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
05/07/2011 09:12 PMPosted by Normalized
Hard to track a "guild kill" vs a player that stumbles into a run based on this.

You could use it as a quick and dirty test, though, before saturating the servers with individual player requests. If you see the guild has loot from a boss you don't have it on record as killing, you can then go check if enough members have the kill achievement. Better than constantly polling potentially hundreds of character pages per guild, imo.
Edited by Randomklng on 5/9/2011 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
05/09/2011 09:10 AMPosted by Straton
I'll ask Grotako about posting about some of the upcoming features and what data will be included.

Thanks Straton. That would be nice to have.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]