Old Wow

80 Orc Warrior
Remember when they had other classes tank bosses that was fun now can't do that cause the 10 mans might not have a mage.
85 Human Warrior
Only thing i would like back are wsg with no timer and the old AV where you could leave and come back an hr or 2 later to the same game. Those felt more fun than the stupid honor grind it is now. But people need their honor i suppose :p
80 Orc Warrior
04/08/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Somechick
Only thing i would like back are wsg with no timer and the old AV where you could leave and come back an hr or 2 later to the same game. Those felt more fun than the stupid honor grind it is now. But people need their honor i suppose :p

Ya AV need to just be changed all over. There no point in most the stuff now a days i mean you cant even get the items to upgrade the guards not that there is a point and when was teh last time you summon the boss?
10 Human Rogue
This just in!!! Bashiok leaks next Hero class!!! Fairy Monks are coming!!!
90 Night Elf Druid

I guess what I am saying, is the game is much easier and it is sad to see what I would put so much time into (doing calculations, finding groups, having pride in what I did) is no longer in the game.

Come back and talk after you've PUG'd some lvl 85 heroics...
100 Night Elf Druid
OP sounds like a bad troll, doesn't deserve a blue response - all I read was entitlement and an extreme case of QQ
90 Goblin Warrior
I really don't know, I just think they aren't enough tools / spells to do stuff back then, lack of aoe tanking, gears etc, but then again the sense of raiding and the scale were better, who the hell dislike the 2 huge golem the first time you step into MC, corehound that you cannot see anywhere else, compare to now you step into bot and look at tiny orc trashes.
92 Goblin Shaman
The fact that my wife and I can play this game together means that blizzard has succeeded where few companies have. I for one appreciate the level of accessibility they offer and allow us to be challenged at end game without being tedious.

Thanks Blizz!
85 Goblin Death Knight
yeh guys .. lets get back to old wow:

- that wow where only warriors could tank ..
- that wow where paladins and druids were forced to heal (lolret, lolprot, lolferal, oomkin)
- that wow where farming rep took weeks killing the same furbolgs, hours a day (that is extremelly hard, complex and fun)
- that wow where in a 40 man raid, healers had addons that would heal for them

i mean .. the game was so much better .. so much this .. so much ....

go to hell ¬¬

you dont want a harder/better game .. you want a game where you get more rewarded for playing 16h straight while other people go to work/sleep.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/08/2011 05:49 PMPosted by Bashiok
(I CHOOSE NOT TO SHOOT HER WITH THE SILVER ARROW... NOOOOO)

Are you referring to Shadowgate for the NES?!?!?!
85 Draenei Paladin
Classic -> get an epic, you feel epic.
Cata - > get an epic.....its basically a common.

Ever stop and think that you're not a special snowflake and that people will get the same gear regardless? The reward setup is a lot better than Vanilla, where RNG could prevent those exalted with Hydrax. from gearing up.

TBC and Vanilla were what made raiding enjoyable now. This game since WoTLK has became a ever so easy walk. Everything is handed to you now and all you have to do is push a few buttons to win.

Those who say "WoTLK" raiding was the best, were evidently people who sucked at pushing buttons and using your head at the same time.

That's right, raiding in Vanilla was so hard! As a Druid all I did was cast Healing Touch Rank 4 and the occasional decurse/cure poison. I couldn't use Rejuv because HoTs didn't stack (rendering my eventual 31 point talent useless). And I was mainly there to Battle Rez or Innervate.

Push a few buttons and win!
100 Night Elf Druid
04/08/2011 04:55 PMPosted by Poppyseeds
I am hardcore...I want something I spend a lot of time at and no one else has.

Yea, I doubt many priests are leet enough to heal with a physical dps staff...
90 Dwarf Hunter
No more Class specialization... remember when you needed a dwarf priest just for Fear ward. Now any 5 paladins can do a group run and complete the instance.

Remember not being able to raid the day your Dwarf Priest didn't show up?

Rep easier to get... remember when you would grind something for months and finally get the item...you were one in 5 on the server with the item. Now anyone if they spend two hours can get what everyone else has. I am hardcore...I want something I spend a lot of time at and no one else has.

What item? There were barely any rep rewards to be had back then.
85 Human Hunter
all i want is my old-wow's screenshots:( 40man ubrs/1st time in MC/1st time met rag
&ya,vael,the guild terminator&my asscandy
90 Dwarf Warrior
04/08/2011 07:15 PMPosted by Rankin
Remember not being able to raid the day your Dwarf Priest didn't show up?

The horde managed somehow!
90 Dwarf Hunter
04/08/2011 07:18 PMPosted by Quard
The horde managed somehow!

The Horde had Shaman with their Tremor Totem.
85 Night Elf Druid
Mmm, yeah, I agree, long, mindless grinding and restricting participation to certain class and spec compositions sure is compelling gameplay.
90 Draenei Mage
04/08/2011 06:03 PMPosted by Shasianna
I was going to write a long snarky post with all the things I positively loathed about Classic WoW but it's just not constructive.

You do not need a long snarky post..I have it summed up to 1 snarky line...

Vanilla - An appropriate moniker for the base game of WoW.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]