Old Wow

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
basicly what i read from your post is..

I want everything to be my way
I want to be the only one with an item

been playing 6 years and have the toons to prove it. spent countless hours farming for MC, Naxx and the like and i like the imporvments. most of us have lives outside the game and wish to egt our moneys worth which to me equals not having to spent half a year farming rep for an item thats replaces 2 months previous.

the game is designed with the whole in mind not the individual player. you want a game like that grab a solo non mmo game or go trully hardcore and play an old game like meridian 59 you will beg to come back here

i don't care who gets what. i am a raider i earn what i get and if a friend of mine doesn't paticularly have the time or energy to farm like me and they get an item easier its ok by me because it improves my raiding group. maybe if you were less concerned with loot and yourself you would see how far the game has come and what blizz has done to make it accessable to Everyone!!

to imply that the game is easier to catter to stupid people is insulting

i aplaud blizz.
90 Draenei Shaman
I'd really like some of the old bosses to come back, but I don't really think that they would be as neat as they were back then.

example:
The only raid boss I got to tank (main mage, alt warrior) was our first vael kill. With the ingame threat meter and every boss being tauntable+trivial threat, I just don't see it being anywhere near what it was back in classic. We never found him that hard either (like 5-6 attempts to kill, razorgore took 2 weeks). Without threat mattering that fight would have been a snooze fest for me (since without threat problems, dps would have never been a problem).

Twin emps was another cool fight, but again, having them be tauntable would have made it trivial. The fight didn't even seem all that hard (unless people pulled the bugs, lawl).
86 Pandaren Shaman
04/08/2011 06:23 PMPosted by Georgi
Classes, professions and boss mechanics have become a bit more complex since then. The only reason why some people claim this "challenge" they felt back then is because it was a new experience.

And talent trees SUCKED. Period.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Casual players are not less intelligent but they are a large demographic that Blizz is trying to
attract for obvious reasons ... hope that is not too complex for you to eventually figure out.

There is a large difference between raiding casually, and making raids trivial because of the utter incompetence of the majority of people. So yes, they are less intelligent... hope that is not too complex for you to eventually figure out.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
04/08/2011 04:55 PMPosted by Poppyseeds
I feel current wow is now too easy, and a lot of the complexities erased for the ease of the less intelligent.

I tend to find that the smartest people tend not to make cracks about other people being less intelligent. It's usually only those who think they're more intelligent than everyone else.

You speak about challenge and then the only example you give is grinding. Grinding's not smart. It's repetitive, it's incredibly boring, and it's frankly not very hard. The game is more accessible, yes, but the tippy-top of achievement in the game is harder than ever. They pushed back the new raid tier because people hadn't finished the current one. Class balance is better than ever - certainly, some specs are losing, but most of them are viable in the right hands. Back in classic WoW druids basically had to go resto.

If you get a sense of achievement from merely playing the game more than everyone else, that's nice for you but don't go thinking that means you're better. Besides, there's always The Insane title.
85 Worgen Mage
Many of us Original Gamers pine for the days of D&D-based yore when games were seemingly intended to break us down into sobbing masses created by an uncaring necromancer of pain and suffering,

brb rerolling Necromancer of Pain and Suffering.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/08/2011 06:55 PMPosted by Eflow
you dont want a harder/better game .. you want a game where you get more rewarded for playing 16h straight while other people go to work/sleep.

It didn't take 16h days to clear a raid. Farming for rep was harsh, but leaps and bounds ahead of Everquest, while still maintaining difficulty

04/08/2011 06:55 PMPosted by Eflow
that wow where in a 40 man raid, healers had addons that would heal for them

Healers still have healbot, the cleanse macro was ridiculous in vanilla, and AVR in WoTLK was more absurd than vanilla/BC addons. Anyone who uses DBM or Dues Vox are being helped more than they should personally. Raiding in general just requires the mice to find the way to the cheese through the different maze of every fight. At least in vanilla/TBC it was a harder maze.
86 Pandaren Shaman
04/08/2011 07:46 PMPosted by Coombs
It didn't take 16h days to clear a raid.

Vanilla ICC did.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/08/2011 07:48 PMPosted by Arche
Vanilla ICC did

Vanilla "Ice Crown Citadel" ?

3 hours a night 3 days a week and you could clear the top tier raid in vanilla. Doing all the extra wasn't necessary but people did it anyway.
86 Pandaren Shaman
04/08/2011 07:50 PMPosted by Coombs
Vanilla "Ice Crown Citadel" ?

Err...Vanilla Naxx. Sheesh.
They should make WoW as challenging as old Ghosts n Goblins or Ninja Gaiden. Or Contra with one life.
90 Undead Warlock
04/08/2011 04:55 PMPosted by Poppyseeds
I feel current wow is now too easy, and a lot of the complexities erased for the ease of the less intelligent.

Grats on killing Sinestra! Oh wait, level 70, yeah.

Remember when you had to dial up to get on the internet? Man that was rough! And then somebody would pick up the phone and you'd get kicked off? The internet is too easy now.
85 Tauren Shaman
04/08/2011 05:53 PMPosted by Mishotem
So why did Cata make it LESS accessible?
90 Draenei Paladin
Ive said this multiple times on multiple occasions.

Nostalgia for the past is inherently, fundamentally flawed. You wish for the ''good times'' yet you either do not recall or choose to ignore the things you REALLY hated about those times.

Nobody who has nostalgia for the ''good times'' of wow 1.0 remembers all of its flaws, and they were plentiful. I have never played the original wow, except for on private server (which sucked badly because of bugs), so i started at the launch of BC. Ret paladins quite simply did NOT exist. Shadowpriests were only brought to a raid for mana regen, not their dps. Balance druids were quite rare (i am guessing it was because balance was so poorly balanced). Discipline priests were ONLY pvp specs, and there was no such thing as PuG raids. If you werent in a raiding guild that was at YOUR progression point, you quite simply didnt raid. From what i gather in wow 1.0, horde didnt know what a paladin was, and alliance had never heard of a shaman.

You all forget about these little facts because you choose to not acknowledge their existence. You only want to remember the positive aspects of that time. Trouble is, you cant only have the good and not the bad.

Ooohhh we knew about Shaman alright. That poor class took more nerfs (some absolutely needed) than anything during the beginning...

... also wading through FROSTSHOCK!!!1!!1 threads was always a joy.
90 Draenei Paladin
04/08/2011 07:53 PMPosted by Phandeth

Grats on killing Sinestra! Oh wait, level 70, yeah.

Remember when you had to dial up to get on the internet? Man that was rough! And then somebody would pick up the phone and you'd get kicked off? The internet is too easy now.

Just adding a step to your idea... or even getting your modem to work so it doesn't conflict with your sound cards IRQs or your mouses COM port.

How about that good old DOS startup disk... Yea.. I had one playing F15 Strike Eagle trying to get to that 585k free conventional memory.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]