Secretly disabled WoW player (until now)

8 Night Elf Druid
04/12/2011 12:35 PMPosted by Marino
I read this whole thread. Aside from the idiot who was clearly trolling (sad, sad little troll... lol... Oh, and I reported you, btw. Several times.),

If you're trying to refer to me, I'm still here. Why? Because I haven't said anything offensive or insulting. I've merely pointed out that this thread is full of people who want everyone else to think they're being wonderful and kind, when really they are being selfish, attention-grabbing jerks.

I mean, I say one thing in disagreement, and numerous people instantly began insulting me. You included.

What special and beautiful snowflakes you are.

I'm really confused as to how you think that showing your support for a good idea is being an attention grabber....or a phony.
58 Night Elf Hunter
/hugs to all of you nice people out there. Wish i ran into some like you in game. And props to the OP.
85 Night Elf Druid
04/12/2011 12:40 PMPosted by Shador

If you're trying to refer to me, I'm still here. Why? Because I haven't said anything offensive or insulting. I've merely pointed out that this thread is full of people who want everyone else to think they're being wonderful and kind, when really they are being selfish, attention-grabbing jerks.

I mean, I say one thing in disagreement, and numerous people instantly began insulting me. You included.

What special and beautiful snowflakes you are.

I'm really confused as to how you think that showing your support for a good idea is being an attention grabber....or a phony.

Exactly, just ignore this poster. It is a great idea and one we will find a way to get off the ground.
97 Troll Hunter
I just finished reading this entire thread and don't know where to start.

I think a website is a great idea. I checked out the site that was mentioned before and it seems that the forums there are not very active. I would love to see a site that people can communicate with others and possibly group up in various games together.

The most important thing here, is not how to play but rather tolerance in game. There's not nearly enough respect between players. Even here I saw a few comments about one illness or another not being a true disability, or "my illness is worse than your illness" etc. Whether you have depression, ADD, CP, Lyme, are missing a limb etc...it doesn't matter. What matters is that you should be able to enjoy playing without fear of being flamed or taunted.

Anyway, before I start sing camp fire songs, I'll stop here.

This is a great post and I look forward to helping in anyway I can. :)
90 Human Paladin
04/11/2011 02:01 AMPosted by Thumbtac
ive got almost everything i need to hti keybound to my mouse too, i think that you'd be fine for healing, do u bind any of your mouse buttons to straffing?

I'm sorry I did not see your question at first. Unfortunately, my buttons do not seem to react to being held down to strafe continuously
90 Draenei Paladin
04/11/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Calyraii
My significant other has one hand, and he plays WOW. It definitely had a higher learning curve, and he has some difficulty with some things. He largely kept quiet for a long time also, until we were working on H Sindragosa in ICC and he had to admit that the turn and run out of her AOE is more difficult for him than for many of us; the healers and myself and our other pally worked out an arrangement for bubbles/HOS etc., and it worked out fine. A lot of people commented after how impressed they were that he is such a good player with only one hand. It's definitely something a lot of people don't think about.

This is what i meant in my recent post, I would gladly do stuff like this if I knew they were actually unable to for some reason or another.

I like to think most people would.....I hope!
90 Draenei Paladin
I have a question for the people about the site I am creating. What do you want to see on the site? Here are a few of my ideas:
Guides for setting up specific keybinding set ups
Macro guides to streamline gameplay
A list of useful addons and hardware
Periodic articles about disabilities, and how they relate to Wow
Some way for other people to submit their own guides
Some sort of forums for people to discuss their disabilities and how it has affected their Wow experience (essentially an extension of this thread)

Based from my personal experience, suggestions for how guildies/friends whatever can help the disabled person and make their job easier, as we did with my SO and bubbles/HOS on certain fights. Little stuff like that made the fight easier for him and us!
90 Human Paladin
Based from my personal experience, suggestions for how guildies/friends whatever can help the disabled person and make their job easier, as we did with my SO and bubbles/HOS on certain fights. Little stuff like that made the fight easier for him and us!

This is a great idea! Thank you!
95 Undead Death Knight
I'm shocked by forums reaction to this, i expected you to get trolled dowwn immediately. I watch the forums regularly and its rather depressing watching all the angry qq's, blatant trolls, and harsh rudeness. Worse still are the people who lie about there own lives and conditions to get stuff off of people. They usually get yelled at by others, so they argue and try to make their story sound worse. Those kind of things are bad in that they make you mad, than remorseful, then mad again, and continue their spiral.

I assumed that this was what your post was, but i'm now confident that this isnt the case. Its good to see an honest person using the forums as they were meant to be used. Even better is how the community seems to have embraced your honesty. My faith is restored in that kindess can thrive even in depths of cyber-space.

TY very much. +1
90 Human Paladin
I'm shocked by forums reaction to this, i expected you to get trolled dowwn immediately. I watch the forums regularly and its rather depressing watching all the angry qq's, blatant trolls, and harsh rudeness.

TY very much. +1

Me too. One (or 2) troll(s) in nearly 300 posts is pretty good, by forum standards. Thank you!
04/12/2011 08:49 AMPosted by Gluegun
chronic depressive

Depression isn't a disability. Don't compare bad moods to CP.

Depression is not a"bad mood".
85 Human Mage
04/12/2011 03:53 PMPosted by Xavierhyde

Depression isn't a disability. Don't compare bad moods to CP.

Depression is not a"bad mood".

This. Real, serious depression is just as disabling as any physical ailment or mental illness. Just because you can't physically see the effects of it doesn't mean it's not real and serious.
Geeze, people, get a grip on yourselves. You'd think the OP cured cancer or something, judging by the emotional nonsense you guys are flinging about.

There are millions of disabled/sick/injured people on the Earth. What about them? This doesn't make the OP, or you for lobbing your weepy emotional support, a special snowflake just because he happens to play WoW and get by okay. This is the most absurd attention-greedy thread I've seen in the a while. Get over yourselves. The OP is not a pinnacle of humanity by having a disability. You are not paragons of virtue by holding hands together and singing kumbaya here either.

You really don't get what is going on here.

AND you're a priest!?
100 Human Warlock
Geeze, people, get a grip on yourselves. You'd think the OP cured cancer or something, judging by the emotional nonsense you guys are flinging about.

There are millions of disabled/sick/injured people on the Earth. What about them? This doesn't make the OP, or you for lobbing your weepy emotional support, a special snowflake just because he happens to play WoW and get by okay. This is the most absurd attention-greedy thread I've seen in the a while. Get over yourselves. The OP is not a pinnacle of humanity by having a disability. You are not paragons of virtue by holding hands together and singing kumbaya here either.

First off...I think its great that the OP is all motivated and what not. However I agree with the quoted post. I really don't see why people feel the need to share their wall of text story with the WoW community unless they are searching for something.
I wonder why some people find it so hard to think that persons with disabilities play video games.
Perhaps you are wondering if that person you ripped apart verbally was actually one of those folks who have a disability?
Perhaps you should keep that in mind before you act like a jerk. Just a thought.

I am pretty sure many of the Forum and in-game bullies have health issues. Many of them are arrant alcoholics, for example.

First off...I think its great that the OP is all motivated and what not. However I agree with the quoted post. I really don't see why people feel the need to share their wall of text story with the WoW community unless they are searching for something.

Comments, perhaps? This is a forum for the exchanging of thoughts...
90 Dwarf Warrior
04/10/2011 11:21 PMPosted by Walaman
I'm not here for pity.
Silly paladin, you're far too awesome to pity!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]