Bountiful Bags Bug

Since unlocking Bountiful Bags I've DE'd many Carnelian Spikes, which often give Greater Celestial Essences. I've noticed Hypnotic Dust and Lesser Celestial Essences proc extras via Bountiful Bags but Greater Celestial Essences do not.

I use a mod called XLoot which gives a type to each piece of loot (Elemental, Enchanting, Cloth, Junk, etc.) and Lessers and Dust are tagged as Enchanting while Greaters are tagged as Elemental, likely the reason that the perk won't allow it to proc.

Please fix the way you have categorized Greater Celestial Essences.
Reply Quote
I'm sorry to see this still hasn't been fixed or even acknowledged. :(
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Same issue...

An acknowledgement would be nice, and perhaps a resolution or ETA :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I have the same issue
Please???
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You want blizz to acknowledge that there is a problem? Good luck with that. When it does get fixed, it will be a hot fix without saying there is a problem or they will blame the players.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
05/11/2011 11:21 AMPosted by Wildthingg
You want blizz to acknowledge that there is a problem? Good luck with that. When it does get fixed, it will be a hot fix without saying there is a problem or they will blame the players.

I imagine that constructive requests about this would go alot farther.

Anyone heard if this is even being considered a bug?
Reply Quote
05/29/2011 10:02 PMPosted by Aeghadrix

I imagine that constructive requests about this would go alot farther.

Anyone heard if this is even being considered a bug?

Someone reported having talked to a GM who told them that though they know of the misclassification they don't intend to change it because it's still working as intended and able to proc from Bountiful Bags. To this I say that GM is definitely wrong, I have DE'd thousands of Carnelian Spikes and not received a single proc.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
When I opened a ticket about this I was told that it was a knows bug that would be looked after soon enough... Well, it's been 7 months of cata and I'm still waiting for the "soon enough"...

I went back to check and Greater Essences from past expansions are also listed as elemental so I'm really not sure when to expect a solution...

Best Regards
Reply Quote
Still not fixed as of 4.2. :(
Reply Quote
Still not fixed headed into 4.3. :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I've noticed this and commented in other threads on the issue. I've DE'd thousands of items and I never get procs from Greater Celestial Essences. I even get procs from Heavenly Shards and Maelstrom Crystals, Hypnotic Dust and Lesser Celestial Essences, but not Greater Celestial Essences. Carnelian Spikes have even given me Hypnotic Dust procs when they DE into that, but never on the Greaters. It's annoying and I'm not sure if it's an oversight or intended.

It is interesting to hear that in the game files it may be mislabelled and that is why it isn't proccing extras.
Reply Quote
I'm surprised; I tweeted BlizzardCS pointing out that this issue has been in since April and not addressed. They actually responded saying "That doesn't mean that an issue presented there isn't being looked into." and yet no word since. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Have you tried this on the PTR? :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]