Gear optimizer

85 Human Paladin
This is probably the best one I've found. Theck (from Maintankadin) helped set the weighting algorithms for it, so if you're familiar with his work, you would understand why this thing would work.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
extremely old news
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Mirror and lifeblood alchemist stone are weighted poorly
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Basically reversed my dodge/parry reforging. Which didn't make sense. Did have a few pointers, but the dodge/parry were way off.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
This is probably the best one I've found. Theck (from Maintankadin) helped set the weighting algorithms for it, so if you're familiar with his work, you would understand why this thing would work.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow

It does some really screwy things in my opinion. It was suggesting lowering my health by 6.7k and the only thing I get out of it was .7 Mastery and less then a percent of avoidance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It does some really screwy things in my opinion. It was suggesting lowering my health by 6.7k and the only thing I get out of it was .7 Mastery and less then a percent of avoidance.

If you think about it in a different angle, 6.7k health is less than a percent of your health too :P
Edited by Darielle on 4/16/2011 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/16/2011 05:27 PMPosted by Darielle

If you think about it in a different angle, 6.7k health is less than a percent of your health too :P

It is. But the health loss isn't worth the very minor avoidance gain.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/16/2011 05:27 PMPosted by Darielle

I don't know about you, but I have far less than 670,000 HP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Err wrong term there by me. Was referring to inversely scaling avoidance.
Edited by Darielle on 4/16/2011 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
04/16/2011 06:01 PMPosted by Kalisti

And people say stacking stam doesn't help!
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
It seemed mostly on the ball, but there were some small tweaks it seems to be off about. I used it for my fury warrior, as a basis, and then tweaked the rest by hand.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I think it does something screwy like rate Mastery as .7 the value of Parry for warriors.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Cool story bro coming up...

I spent a day or two working on a spreadsheet that will tell me the Total DR (sanct/armor/CTC combined), EH, and TTL changes on all possible upgrades. In doing this i set it up to automatically tell me the optimal reforging strat and tell me how much dodge/parry i need for max avoidance fully buffed and assuming mastery food.

The other day using this spreadsheet i redid my reforging and then compared it to this program. The last time i used this spreadsheet it told me my reforging was slightly off (i was reforging for 5mans so it did not bother me too much) and this time it said my reforging is perfect. I was quite pleased.

Okay cool story bro time over...

My one concern, and i have no way to test this, is how this will work at the block cap. Currently it seems to assume mastery food, but at the mastery cap i would be using dodge food. Does Mr.Robot take this into account?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]