/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=1 Cobra Shot
/castsequence Arcane Shot
/castsequence Kill Command
/castsequence Dire Beast,Focus Fire
/cast Glaive Toss
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast Lynx Rush

I'm not that savvy with macros... Can someone explain why all the use of /castsequence in this one? This looks like something I'm trying to fiddle with... a 1 button that casts Kill Shot when available, Kill Command when IT'S available, and Cobra Shot any other time.

Could the above macro work the same if all those /castsequence were changed to /cast?

5.1 has broken that macro so I have removed it and the others from that post.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Hunter
say, i want to make a macro that will make my pet use Master's Call on me, without me having to switch my own target to myself, how would i go about doing this?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
12/17/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Silvis
say, i want to make a macro that will make my pet use Master's Call on me, without me having to switch my own target to myself, how would i go about doing this?

You would read my guide before asking.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Is there a way to macro a rhino's horn toss for if there in your stampede? cause im working on it but its giving me trouble i'd like the help if its possible to do
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
12/21/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Shootdathoe
Is there a way to macro a rhino's horn toss for if there in your stampede? cause im working on it but its giving me trouble i'd like the help if its possible to do

This is a quote from Mezasu's sticky on this subject

A. Stampede
Courtesy of Adarant

When I use Stampede, what abilities can I expect my pet to use?

During Stampede, you control your active pet as you normally would. The 4 summoned pets, however, are restricted in the abilities that they can use. Any abilities that are set to auto-cast when you last dismissed your pet will be used according to their normal usage rules. Abilities that are not set to auto-cast will not be used by your summoned pets. Abilities that cannot be set to auto-cast, Ancient Hysteria and Eternal Guardian for example, cannot be used by the pets summoned by Stampede. You cannot use macros to bypass the auto-cast restrictions.

Here are some examples of what you can expect during Stampede:
1. If you leave Growl on auto-cast for a summoned pet, that pet will use Growl on cooldown if they are not at the top of the threat table. If Growl is not set to auto-cast, your summoned pet will never Growl. If you have a macro that contains the line "/cast Growl", then your active pet will Growl, but none of your summoned pets will Growl. This goes for all pet abilities that can be set to auto-cast, including but not limited to Growl, Rabid, Web, Demoralizing Roar, and Furious Howl.

2. Assume your active pet is a Corehound and you have "/cast Ancient Hysteria" in a macro. If you use that macro during Stampede, then your active Corehound will use Ancient Hysteria as expected. Assume your active pet is not a Corehound, but one of your summoned pets is a Corehound. If you use your Ancient Hysteria macro during Stampede, your Corehound will not cast Ancient Hysteria. This goes for all abilities that cannot be set to auto-cast, including but not limited to Ancient Hysteria, Eternal Guardian, Froststorm Breath, and Burrow Attack.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
If you are solo a good tip is to macro misdirection to all of your shots.

/cast [@pet] misdirection
/cast arcane shot

etc.

and make separate macros replacing arcane shot with each of your abilities.

so you will always automatically misdirection everything to your pet without having to constantly press it.

I also use this in pug dungeons since if I burn MD on the tank I will get aggro whenever it is on cooldown whereas my pet can tank for a while in a dungeon.
Edited by Positivity on 1/10/2013 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Noobie Hunter here, but it's time I took what I learned here to practice. Once I'm pro, I'll remember and credit you, strider. (which is never)
thanks m8
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
for some reason the pet attack macro ive been using since lk stoped working in mop. anyone have any idea why?
the macro is
/petattack
/cast kill command
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
for some reason the pet attack macro ive been using since lk stoped working in mop. anyone have any idea why?
the macro is
/petattack
/cast kill command

Define stopped working?

Unless you did something weird and accidentally unbound the key or bound it to something that is already bound, it should work fine. Also our pet response is a bit slack when it is on assist and that could be causing problems as well I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
stopped working as when i hit it the pet goes in but kill command won't cast
Reply Quote
56 Troll Hunter
01/16/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Vernen

I think you should be using /castsequence
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
01/16/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Vernen

emm that's weird, only thing I can think of right now is may be you made a typo in your spelling somewhere.

I am 99% sure that is what I have in my macro and it works fine. I will double check when I am home later.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I didn't make this macro but I find that as many times as tank whine about hunters and growl that this needs to be listed on this page.

For anyone who does have this problem (at any level), here's a macro that you can whack on to your most often used ability (e.g. Hunter's mark):
#showtooltip
/stopmacro [noexists]
/cast Hunter's Mark
/petautocaston [group] Cower; [nogroup] Growl
/petautocastoff [nogroup] Cower; [group] Growl

(If you're in a group, pet taunt is turned off; if you're solo, it's turned back on.)

/sidenote

Should you often party with someone for questing outside LFD and need your pet to tank, this will specify a group as 3 or more and leave growl on if you only have 2 people:
/petautocaston growl
/petautocastoff [@party3,exists,group:party] growl

-Credit for this goes to Tentigers of Dath'Remar
Source: us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592399700?page=2#39
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
For anyone who hates having to switch buttons around whenever they swap between silencing shot, wyvern sting and binding shot, I have this macro (based on an example I saw on shadowpriest.com) which makes one button which will use whichever you currently have:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Silencing Shot
/cast Wyvern Sting
/cast Binding Shot
/script c=GetSpellInfo(34490); d=GetSpellInfo(19386); e=GetSpellInfo(109248)
/run SetMacroSpell("30 Talents", GetSpellInfo(c) or GetSpellInfo(d) or GetSpellInfo(e))
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
One macro I find most useful for solo playing is for Misdirect if you have the glyph that resets when you cast it on your pet.

#showtooltip
/cast [target=pet,exists,nodead] Misdirection
/petattack
/cast Serpent Sting

One click misdirects to your pet, Get's him to attack the mob and fires off serpent sting then it resets misdirect because you used it on your pet with the glyph so you can use it constantly to keep attacking while keeping the mob on your pet the entire time.

You can put in trinkets or engineer abilities in there too if you wanted

Oh here is the same but for multi shot for pulling groups all onto your pet, Same deal as above one click attack.

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
/cast [target=pet,exists,nodead] Misdirection
/petattack
/cast Multi-Shot
Edited by Harrik on 1/26/2013 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
no mscros for hunters in MoP needed
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
ok i've been through all the pages and tried to piece together a macro that will cast hunters mark and a Misdirect on my target (as i usually forget to), send my pet to attack and then cast a Serpent Sting and Mend Pet.

What i have so far is :
/cast [target=focus, help] Misdirection; [help] Misdirection; [target=pet, exists] Misdirection
/castsequence reset=1 Hunter's Mark, Serpent Sting, Mend Pet

i do 4 clicks but it doesnt always give me the Mend Pet. any ideas???
And i dont really understand what all the [target=] [help] ..... means

is there a better way to write this?
Edited by Dawnycat on 1/28/2013 12:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
My guess is that because Hunter's Mark is on the GCD, it casts that and the pet attack command, but stops because it must wait 1.5s before executing the next GCD command (your Mend Pet).

You'd need a castsequence command. See if this works for you. You'll need to hit the button twice:

#showtooltip Hunter's Mark
/petattack
/castseqence reset=14/target/combat Hunter's Mark, Mend Pet

It'll set the pet on the target and mark it with the first use, then cast mend pet on the second. The reset conditional should reset it after 14 seconds of no use (the duration of mend pet, minus 1, assuming you'll be rolling the HoT), or you switch target, or you leave combat. Disclaimer: I didn't test it though =)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Just tested that and it didnt work, but thanks.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Mage
I had the same issue with Blink strike and pet attack

I fliped them around and made the one with the CD go first, and no issues now.

/cast blink strike
/cast petattack
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]