Hunter Macro Guide - 5.1

(Sticky)

90 Orc Hunter
Is it possible to have a macro that will cancel Cobra/Steady shot and cast kill shot if it's available? I have the problem a lot where I'm in the middle of the cobra shot, when kill shot is ready and I have to wait until cobra shot finishes to use kill shot. I would love for kill shot to cancel any cast and fire off immediately. Any help?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
02/20/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Grimmlock
Is it possible to have a macro that will cancel Cobra/Steady shot and cast kill shot if it's available? I have the problem a lot where I'm in the middle of the cobra shot, when kill shot is ready and I have to wait until cobra shot finishes to use kill shot. I would love for kill shot to cancel any cast and fire off immediately. Any help?

Yes, attempt to use the gift of sight given to you by the Flying Spaghetti Monster and read the guide.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Hunter's Ghetto Deathgrip (good for RBG's) Requires BM spec, a Rhino and Blink Strike Talent

#showtooltip Horn Toss
/use [@mouseover,harm][harm][@pettarget]Blink Strike
/use [@mouseover,harm][harm][@pettarget]Horn Toss
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Hey guys n gals,

So I'm trying to figure out a macro. I mainly PvP on this guy so that should help with the idea behind it. The basic idea is that the tooltip will change with each different pet I have out. Here's what I've got:

#showtooltip [pet:Spirit Beast] Spirit Mend(Special Ability); [pet:Spider] Web(Special Ability); [pet:Bat] Sonic Blast(Special Ability)
/cast [target=player] Spirit Mend(Exotic Ability)
/cast Web(Special Ability)
/cast Sonic Blast(Special Ability)

For some reason, it'll only show the tooltip for Web. The other abilities will still work, but the actual icon will show the ? icon. So is there an easier/better way to do this? Am I expecting too much from a macro?
Any help would be great, thanks in advance!
Edited by Balafur on 3/28/2013 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Ok so I figured it out! It should be:

Spirit Mend (Exotic Ability)

And now it works perfectly!
Only problem is, there's only room in the macro window for 3 pet & pet abilities.
So you can use this macro, just for 3 pets though.
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
Here's a simple macro I made to place Hunter's Mark on every enemy targeted as long as you are past GCD. I use it a lot.

#showtooltip Hunter's Mark
/targetenemy
/cast Hunter's Mark
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I am having no luck finding the macro that swaps your pet's spec based on if you are in a group/raid or solo. Does anyone know what it is, or have an idea how to make such a macro?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I am having no luck finding the macro that swaps your pet's spec based on if you are in a group/raid or solo. Does anyone know what it is, or have an idea how to make such a macro?

If you are talking about doing it automatically then that would be impossible to macro.

If you talking about doing it manually it seems highly pointless. But you can use (from memory) tags like [group], [raid] and [nogroup] as the preconditions for what you want it to do and where and then you just need to figure out if it is possible to macro the actual command to change your pet's spec.

But seriously, how often do you change your pet's spec??
Edited by Strlder on 10/30/2013 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'm talking about a macro that I click (like all macros?) when I join a raid/dungeon group. When I'm in a group, clicking the macro will put my pet to Ferocity. When I am not in a group, it will put my to Tenacity.

While leveling or at max level, yes, I change my pet spec quite frequently and don't like having to open up the talent screen to do it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
couldn't find the old macro I was looking for, but this ended up doing the job pretty well

/petautocasttoggle Growl
/run local s = GetSpecialization(false,true) == 1 and 2 or 1;SetSpecialization(s,true)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Been wrecking in some AV with these MM Macros, evolved from way back in Wrath, through Cata and into 5.4. Pretty simple commands instead of the one shot buttons a lot of hunters are using.

\\
/dismount
/Castsequence
/cast Hunter's Mark
/cast [@focus],[@pet] Misdirection
/petmoveto
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
\\
/Cancelaura Deterrence
/castorder
/autoattack
/cast [@focus, exists][@pet, exists] misdirection
/cast Silencing Shot
/cast tranquilizing shot
/target enemy
\\
#showtooltip
/Cancelaura Deterrence
/castorder
/cast [@focus, exists][@pet, exists] misdirection
/cast serpent sting
/autoattack
\\
#Showtooltip
/Cancelaura Deterrence
/castsequence
/targetnearestenemy
/cast scatter shot
/cast disengage
/cast lifeblood
/petmoveto
\\
/Castorder
/cast multi-shot
/use g91 Landshark
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Involving attack macro's for hunters, should I have a macro that places mark up consistently ?? Just started playing the class and I see that it comes and goes off the target thru the attack.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
These are the Macros that I have been using as Beast Master. Is there anything that needs to be altered or macros that need to be added in your opinion that you find useful? I am only asking about raiding in mind that may be beneficial or boost dps.

Burst Damage - Question is there anything that can be added to it?
#showtooltip Rapid Fire
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Rabid

Interrupt -
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Counter Shot
/say shot Counter Shot <-----(this is if I am in the interrupt rotation)

Pet Attack and Hunter's Mark - Which I may get rid of as I rarely use it anymore since Arcane shot adds the HM
/petattack
/cast Hunter's Mark
/startattack

Misdirect to your focus/main tank and if not raiding then it goes to your pet.
#showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [@focus,exists][@pet,exists] Misdirection
/cast Arcane Shot
Edited by Lovax on 1/17/2014 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Hey,

I'd like to always use Ice trap without trap laucher, and freezing trap with it.

1/ So I made

#showtooltip Ice Trap
/cancelaura Trap Launcher
/cast Ice Trap

which does work, but i have to press it twice. I guess it s normal due to cooldown of trap laucher activate/desactivate but i can't "see" the cooldown on my icon trap, so can it be more efficient ?

2/ How can i made a macro :
- If trap laucher is activated, cast Freezing trap
- If not cast trap laucher and Freezing trap

Thx
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
02/12/2014 05:03 AMPosted by Lamatsù
Hey,

I'd like to always use Ice trap without trap laucher, and freezing trap with it.

1/ So I made

#showtooltip Ice Trap
/cancelaura Trap Launcher
/cast Ice Trap

which does work, but i have to press it twice. I guess it s normal due to cooldown of trap laucher activate/desactivate but i can't "see" the cooldown on my icon trap, so can it be more efficient ?

2/ How can i made a macro :
- If trap laucher is activated, cast Freezing trap
- If not cast trap laucher and Freezing trap

Thx

You can't have complex conditionals like the "if" statements you are talking about.

The most bliz allows you to do is check for specs and locations.

And yea, i dont think you can get away from having to press the button twice
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I don't know if a similar macro has been posted here, but I modified this macro I found at howtopriest.com to do the following:

-Automatically casts whatever talent you have chosen
-Automatically changes the icon (on first cast after you switch)
-Automatically changes the tooltip for that button (on first cast after you switch)[/li]

*credit to Spinalcrack, whose macro I modified. This macro has been tested and works as expected. I have a level 60 version of this as well.

*****NOTE THAT YOU HAVE TO NAME YOUR MACRO "90 Talents" or change the code in the macro to reference your name for this macro to work.

#showtooltip
/cast Glaive Toss
/cast Powershot
/cast Barrage
/script gt=GetSpellInfo(117050); ps=GetSpellInfo(109259); b=GetSpellInfo(120360)
/run SetMacroSpell("90 Talents", GetSpellInfo(gt) or GetSpellInfo(ps) or GetSpellInfo(b))
Edited by Beernerd on 3/28/2014 9:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]