Hunter Macro Guide

(Sticky)

85 Orc Hunter
tbh I am not sure, are the macros above not working with healbot?

I ve never used it so cant offer much help on that.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I need a particular macro that I don't see listed:

It has to cast Cobra Shot in Aspect of the Hawk when unmodified, and Cobra Shot in Aspect of the Fox when modified by [alt].

something like:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=1 [nomod] !Aspect of the Hawk, null; [mod=alt] !Aspect of the Fox, null
/cast Cobra Shot

Working? idk, im at work and can't check.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Figured i would just post my pvp trap launcher one, its the same as yours but it just has growl in it.

edit: to eat groundings

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=9 Trap Launcher, !Freezing Trap(Frost - Trap Launcher), nil
/cast [target=pettarget] Growl
Edited by Sparkyslol on 4/23/2011 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Is it possible to write a macro to use Roar of Sacrifice with healbot? I've noticed that

I tried to get macros to work with Healbot but didn't have any luck. I heard Vuhdo was friendlier as far as what I was trying to do with Healbot but didn't have much luck with it either.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
/sadface

nobody cares about macros!

Not to toot my own horn (toot toot) but the very first version of my solo guide I gave up on cuz nobody was posting in it and thought it probably wasn't much interest to anyone. Than I started seeing people reference it (like months later) and eventually more and more people admitted to reading it. It's just one of those things that people just didn't post in.

I think macro pages are like that...for the most part, unless you have a special macro not listed, I don't see people posting. But that doesn't mean people aren't interested.
Reply Quote
Cant believe this thread has fallen so far. Good Stuff here. To the top for more hunters to see.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
So I am in the process of uploading a thousand photos and remembered that my account still active this week. So figured I'd give this a bump.

Figured i would just post my pvp trap launcher one, its the same as yours but it just has growl in it.

edit: to eat groundings

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=9 Trap Launcher, !Freezing Trap(Frost - Trap Launcher), nil
/cast [target=pettarget] Growl

i did not want to include the growl in the original macro since people might not want that for pve and added that bit under pet related macros.

And I still cant really offer any help with the healbot or whatever frames. In theory the ones I have listed should work providing the frame allows the mouse over functuanality.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Thx
~ bump / Plz sticky
gogog
Edited by Chongolator on 5/25/2011 2:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
It is possible to create much better Aspect Dancing macros if you have two free action bars you can dedicate to tracking your current aspect (so that you only cast the aspect if it is not already up). Set up action bars 1 and 2 to be completely identical, and macro your shots like this:

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/cast [noactionbar:1] !Aspect of the Hawk
/changeactionbar 1
/cast [actionbar:1] Arcane Shot

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/cast [noactionbar:2] !Aspect of the Fox
/changeactionbar 2
/cast [actionbar:2] Steady Shot

This may not work with some action bar mods.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
/liked, Bookmarked, Refrenced in the PVE MM hunter guide and Sticky requested.

Fabulous job!

No its not because of this one line: You will want to include the Aspect of the Hawk casting line in all of your instant shots and Aimed Shot macros and Aspect of the Fox casting line in your cobra/steady shot macros (Terms and Conditions apply).

Never macro aspects into your shots. Ever. Go do a five minute test on a dummy with them and without them. You'll have less gcds spent with them. The game ques the macros funny resulting in a ton of lag on the shot following the aspect.

Edit: posted on my pally up above at first on accident.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
/liked, Bookmarked, Refrenced in the PVE MM hunter guide and Sticky requested.

Fabulous job!

No its not because of this one line: You will want to include the Aspect of the Hawk casting line in all of your instant shots and Aimed Shot macros and Aspect of the Fox casting line in your cobra/steady shot macros (Terms and Conditions apply).

Never macro aspects into your shots. Ever. Go do a five minute test on a dummy with them and without them. You'll have less gcds spent with them. The game ques the macros funny resulting in a ton of lag on the shot following the aspect.

Edit: posted on my pally up above at first on accident.

I've recently noticed that as well, but I've found an issue with it relating to steady shot.

Despite the aotf being queued before the steady shot, often the steady shot will go off while the aspect switch will not, or the aspect switch will go off after the steady shot has already started. The only way I've found to counteract this from happening 80%+ of the time is to make sure I'm moving when I cast my steady shot macro. Unfortunately that still only works about 70% of the time.

As for losing GCD's with strange queueing as AotH gets spammed, I haven't noticed any delays at all, but then I'm running ~100 ms anyway.

Though ultimately, we all know what really needs to happen with aspect switching. It needs to be fixed. While I don't like the idea of copying paladins, having one aura for each situation, one blessing for each situation, one seal for each situation, what I dislike even more is the convoluted system we have for aspects. There are a number of ways aspects can be updated, fixed, so we don't run into these sorts of problems. All we need is activision to do some testing, make a decision, and implement it.

Also, I use a different macro for my shots. I just have /use !Aspect of the Hawk . or something like that, wow's not open, but I just use the /use command instead of all that null and junk.

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Is it possible to have a macro that casts Hunter's Mark followed by Serpent Sting in one click?
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
06/11/2011 09:04 AMPosted by Adâmzeev
Is it possible to have a macro that casts Hunter's Mark followed by Serpent Sting in one click?

No because that is two separate abilities. You could set up a /cast sequence that would require two clicks, but it is impossible with one click.

It is possible to give your pet commands and do an action of your own at the same time though, so you could cast hunter's mark and tell your pet to attack in one click.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter

06/12/2011 08:23 PMPosted by Dyse

No because that is two separate abilities. You could set up a /cast sequence that would require two clicks, but it is impossible with one click.

It is possible to give your pet commands and do an action of your own at the same time though, so you could cast hunter's mark and tell your pet to attack in one click.

Thank you for the info, I guess I'll keep hitting 1 followed by 2 :S
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Ha, everyone comments on high 80+ characters, then the low 66 comes to give advice xP -feels small-

Searching online, I found some pretty simple/good macros that I love to use now, good for PvP and PvE. I can't recall the website that I got it from so I apologize for not giving credit where credit is due . T.T

/cast [@mouseover, harm] [harm] Tranquilizing Shot

Great for PvP! For removing those player buffs without having to constantly click on a person; simply hover over the player and button mash to your heart's content. ^^ Use especially on DKs who know what they're doing, Warriors and Rogues...friggin Rogues...

/targetenemy
/cast Hunter's Mark
/petfollow
/petattack

This targets the nearest enemy and makes your pet immediately follow to attack, not to mention adds the Hunter's Mark (which I often forget to do). A simple T button afterwards will have you automatically attacking as well. However, I find this most useful for PvP, for when a Rouge goes stealth and you can't see them; simply spamming the button will target them eventually and save you from being stunned. ;)

And if you can't tell, I'm not fond of Rogues...>.>+

#showtooltip Disengage
/cast Wing Clip
/cast Disengage

I think that one speaks on its own. As always, be careful though; Disengage is ideal for Hunters to make a quick escape, but using it in the wrong area can often do more harm than good. Take it from someone who was winning in a PvP fight, who then Disengaged off of a cliff and got sniped...Not cool...not cool.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to Macros/read them, as a newbie and a prime Hunter Roller, I need all the help I can get! ^^V
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Fantastic post. I put it in as a favorite in my WoW section to be able to get them all in and figure out what I'm doing. You've done a great service here.

Gymbo - The FIRST goblin druid!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
Amazing post, great job
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

#showtooltip Chimera Shot
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Hand of Protection
/cancelaura Deterrence
/use 10
/cast Blood Fury(Racial) - for Orcs
/cast Berserking(Racial) – for Trolls
/castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Hawk, null
/cast Chimer Shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Basic PvE/PvP Chimera Shot Macro. Will cancel BoP and deterrence and use racials/tinkers/ prior to letting Chimera Shot go off, while ensuring that you are in Aspect of the Hawk.

This one has a typo (Chimer Shot)

Also, for the MD Macro I suggest using [raid] rather than [help], so even if your focus isn't in party it doesn't return an error.

Here's what I use for MD

#showtooltip Misdirection
/cancelaura Misdirection
/cast [@focus, raid][@mouseover, raid][@pet, nodead][]Misdirection
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();
/stopmacro [@focus, nohelp]
/e Kildon has cast Misdirection on %f! 30 second CD.

It lets me hit the same button to both cast and cancel it (if it will end before we pull or I cast on the wrong target), casts on focus, then on my mouseover, then on my pet, then my target and if my focus is a friendly target it announces who MD was cast on in emote chat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]