Hunter Macro Guide

(Sticky)

90 Orc Hunter
@OP,

I'm not sure if you still read or update this. But if you do, you should consider adding (somewhere near the beginning) something about how the GCD prevents one from using more than one ability at a time that share the GCD etc. Just today alone, I've seen several threads asking something about making a macro in such a way. Granted, I'm sure most of those posters never even bothered to read a sticky first anyway. But hey, every little bit helps I guess.

here you go

04/19/2011 04:15 PMPosted by Strlder
However, you can not macro together abilities that are both on the Global Cooldown, the 1 sec window where your buttons get greyed out after casting an ability, nor can you have complex conditionals as in, if Hunter's Mark is still up cast Serpent Sting, otherwise cast Hunter's Mark. WoW macros are designed to assist your gameplay not automate it

@valenora I just havent had enough time on WoW past week to try out your macro and see what's wrong. Might be the entire macro is being cast at your focus target with those conditionals as they are dunno. Just delete the MD part and I do not see why it wouldnt work, but you shouldnt use a macro for all that unless there is like a very good reason why you cannot press the abilities separately.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Can I request a macro?
It is for my troll hunter that is level 15
I made my self a *Just in case a rogue,pally,warrior attacks* macro.
Now I need one for other classes like casters or players in a distance that I can kill.
It has to have Hunter's Mark .Please and thank you :)

I have no add on ...I'm tired of updating it lol.
I have the default bars. So 2 added bars on the bottom and 2 more at the right of the screen.
lol I'm confusing
Edited by Celestialelf on 12/31/2011 5:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Can I request a macro?
It is for my troll hunter that is level 15
I made my self a *Just in case a rogue,pally,warrior attacks* macro.
Now I need one for other classes like casters or players in a distance that I can kill.
It has to have Hunter's Mark .Please and thank you :)

I have no add on ...I'm tired of updating it lol.
I have the default bars. So 2 added bars on the bottom and 2 more at the right of the screen.
lol I'm confusing

/use hunter's mark
/petattack

here you are bro....
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Just made those Aspect Dancing macros. Made me go from Huntard to Hunter.

Edit: I dont recommend using guns with the macros...Transmog to something quiet.
Edited by Falula on 1/6/2012 12:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Can someone post their current trap launcher macro with freezing trap. I am just trying to see the most recent version of this macro that is working properly. I am still using the ones that were posted in this thread earlier, but they still do glitch out sometimes. I do still have the 5 regular trap spells on my bars that go with the macros. If this is not still needed, can someone confirm this? I'm just basically trying to find the most recent and if the regular ones are still needed on your bars for the macros to work.

Thank you,
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
Thank you, the hunters mark one is by far the most helpfull to me as a beast master
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Not to be persnickety, but on a side note /use 10 and /use 15 are not "engineer only" although the engineer tinkers is the only reasonable time I can think of that you would want them hotkeyed...

They both will use any item with a on-use ability on that slot (gloves and cloak respectively).

The difference may not be important now, but for accuracy you should amend that. In the future they may add some sort of wacky "use" ability to other slots that is not engineer only. To clarify, each of our equipment slots has its own /use # associated with it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Great Macro for BM hunters or really anyone with pets and different abilities
1.changes the #show to whichever pet you have out+ability u want to use
2.starts pet attacking
3.uses spirit mend for spirit beasts
4.if you use a rhino in AB for its Knockback potential the double works for it
5.if your using silithid will utilize the venom spray.

sigh makes me happy to share

#show [pet:Rhino] Horn Toss; [pet:Silithid]Venom Web Spray; [pet:Spirit Beast]Spirit Mend
/petattack
/use [@player, nomod]Spirit Mend
/use [pet:Rhino]Charge
/use [pet:Rhino]Horn Toss
/use [pet:Silithid]Venom Web Spray
Reply Quote
Can someone post their current trap launcher macro with freezing trap. I am just trying to see the most recent version of this macro that is working properly. I am still using the ones that were posted in this thread earlier, but they still do glitch out sometimes. I do still have the 5 regular trap spells on my bars that go with the macros. If this is not still needed, can someone confirm this? I'm just basically trying to find the most recent and if the regular ones are still needed on your bars for the macros to work.

Thank you,

#showtooltip Freezing Trap
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/castsequence reset=9 Trap Launcher, !Freezing Trap(Fire - Trap Launcher), nil
Reply Quote
Was checking the trap macro out for my hunter and found it would not show tool tip. There was an extra space in there somewhere. I prefer Explosive Trap increases dps against multiple mobs so changed it to following and added the option to turn sound off and back on to dump any annoying feedback.

#showtooltip Explosive Trap
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/castsequence reset=9 Trap Launcher, !Explosive Trap(Fire - Trap Launcher), nil

You still must double click, once to select launcher and one to select trap then position as normal. If this is done for all traps will get rid of one item on tabs, the launcher.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

Misdirect
#showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [target=focus,exists,nodead] Misdirection; [target=pet,exists,nodead] Misdirection

Casts misdirect on your focus (which should be your tank). If you have no tank, it casts it on your pet.

Trap launcher + traps
I have two different trap launcher macro's (just makes my life more simple than trying to remember which mod key is what for 1 macro):

#showtooltip
/castsequence [nomod] reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Freezing Trap
/castsequence [mod:shift] reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Ice Trap
END

#showtooltip
/castsequence [nomod] reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Explosive Trap
/castsequence [mod:shift] reset=3 Trap Launcher,!Snake Trap
END

(You can always make this into 1 macro, just make sure to use [mod:alt] or [mod:ctrl] for the next lines).

Multi-purpose macro:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Feign Death
/cast [mod:shift] Wyvern Sting
/cast [mod:ctrl] Scatter Shot
/cast [mod:alt] Camouflage

This I mainly use to clear up a bunch of clutter on my interface. I think there might be a way to do a mouseover on this, but I haven't figured out how.

Start attack/send pet in macro:

#showtooltip Explosive Shot
/targetenemy [noexists, noharm,dead]
/stopmacro [noexists, noharm, dead]
/petattack
/startattack
/cast Explosive Shot
END

In the last line, you can change Explosive to whatever shot you start out with. I made this macro when Blizzard "fixed" the auto targetting bug.

Anyways, just some of the macro's I have for my hunter. Figured they'd be helpful.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Hunter
@Stalkings - fair point but I think I mention somewhere that you can find and include various /use itemslot things with a link to a wiki or something

@Orosion - I did not make the trap launcher macro and whoever did included the reset 9 part. You can make it whatever you want the reset to be, in hindsight it probably would make more sense to have it shorter but I've only ever had a couple of issues with it so did not bother.

anyways, hope people still find this useful. See ya in pandaland, may be.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I took a quick glance and was surprised to not see this in here. Normally, when you're in camo, if you use your pet's special ability it will take you out of camo by default because it puts your pet in combat. However, if your pet's special ability is a ranged ability that doesn't do damage, you can have your pet return to you after using it and not take you out of stealth. So, make a macro like this:

/cast [pet:spider] Web; [pet:monkey] Bad Manner; [pet:wind serpent] Lightning Breath
/petpassive

Using this, means that you can use your spider web from stealth, the target will be rooted, and you're still in stealth! Your spider will pop out of stealth for <2 sec and be right back in camo. You can position your pet away from you and they will not be able to tell where you're standing!

After they are rooted, you are free to cast Aimed Shot while still stealthed and they stand there completely helpless!
Edited by Blackfish on 3/7/2012 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]