29 BiS Gear List

29 Dwarf Paladin
You might wanna check which classes can equip which weapons. Off the top of my head hunters can't equip maces and paladins can't equip daggers or fist weapons.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Edit - there's also little things like it's viable for mail dps to get Leggings of the verdant oasis. And it's viable for casters to get parachute cloak for spell penetration enchant.
Edited by Disgustìpate on 4/20/2011 5:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
29 Human Warlock
You might wanna check which classes can equip which weapons. Off the top of my head hunters can't equip maces and paladins can't equip daggers or fist weapons.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Edit - there's also little things like it's viable for mail dps to get Leggings of the verdant oasis. And it's viable for casters to get parachute cloak for spell penetration enchant.

The mistakes with weapons are artifacts from the fact that I've been copypastaing to save myself agony while compiling, they're fixed. Also added in parachute and leggings. As well as Loksey's to Hunters.
Edited by Fiur on 4/20/2011 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
43 Undead Mage
I can't believe you bothered to do that. LOL.
Reply Quote
29 Human Warlock
04/20/2011 06:53 AMPosted by Frostyfingah
I can't believe you bothered to do that. LOL.

Why? It's a useful tool for those interested in twinking, as well as people just passing through the bracket who want to be competitive in pvp.
Reply Quote
29 Human Warlock
i find it funny that the dr@ape of centaur dreams gets its name censored because of the word "r@pe" being in it.

also...

i cant believe it's not butter

I actually had the same responce. D@$#@ of Centaur Dreams sounds a lot better imo.
Reply Quote
29 Blood Elf Mage
Is there a reason you didn't bother to include BOAs?
Reply Quote
29 Blood Elf Mage
Seems dumb to me, seeing as they are the BIS for most slots. Also if people come here and see they already have a bunch of BIS gear, they will be more inclined to think making a twink is easier.
Reply Quote
29 Goblin Shaman
Is there any reason why you didnt list any Shields for a shaman.

If I seen any shaman with a off-hand thats not a shield or weapon I would probally yell at them for it.
Reply Quote
29 Blood Elf Mage
It might be smart to just delete the Hunter post.
Reply Quote
29 Human Warlock
Is there any reason why you didnt list any Shields for a shaman.

If I seen any shaman with a off-hand thats not a shield or weapon I would probally yell at them for it.

Brainfarts: I finished shamans at like 2am last night, so I forgot shields. It dun been fixed.

04/20/2011 11:11 AMPosted by Nastaygurl
It might be smart to just delete the Hunter post.

Still leaving it there for the sake of having it if they get nerfed or something in the future.

04/20/2011 10:57 AMPosted by Nastaygurl
Is there a reason you didn't bother to include BOAs?

As Oknob said, BoAs are essentially always BiS, so theres no need to include them in a list of options for BiS. Essentially the list is meant to have alternatives for them. As to it being easier to twink, non BoA characters can compete with BoA characters if they're good players. If they get deterred by not having BoAs, then so be it.
Edited by Fiur on 4/20/2011 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
29 Goblin Shaman
Another idea, its great you took the time to make this list, but when it comes down to it:

Your listing almost the same gear for each armor specialization, just for different classes. Would probally be alot easier just to go by armor proficiency IE:

Armor
Cloth
Leather Caster
Leather Melee
Mail Caster
Mail DPS

Misc
Rings Caster
Rings Melee

Weapons
Melee Str
Melee Agi

It would give any general person interested in the bracket a clear overview of whats availible and how to get it without seeing the same items over and over again, and probally save you a while when it comes to consolidating this information. And use people specific armories for general appearances of what people who'm are optomized to their goals.

Just my thoughts on it though, keep up the good work though, if you want some help Id be more than happy to assist since I had worked on a list similar to yours before we lost the old forums.
Reply Quote
29 Human Warlock
Another idea, its great you took the time to make this list, but when it comes down to it:

Your listing almost the same gear for each armor specialization, just for different classes. Would probally be alot easier just to go by armor proficiency IE:

Armor
Cloth
Leather Caster
Leather Melee
Mail Caster
Mail DPS

Misc
Rings Caster
Rings Melee

Weapons
Melee Str
Melee Agi

It would give any general person interested in the bracket a clear overview of whats availible and how to get it without seeing the same items over and over again, and probally save you a while when it comes to consolidating this information. And use people specific armories for general appearances of what people who'm are optomized to their goals.

Just my thoughts on it though, keep up the good work though, if you want some help Id be more than happy to assist since I had worked on a list similar to yours before we lost the old forums.

Its a good idea. I went with this design so that you could Ctrl F your class and get basically everything you need, as well as items in the future that would be more beneficial to a particular class. Also this way classes like rogues or warriors who use similar gear to druids/paladins don't have to sift through intellect gear, though I suppose its not really a huge issue.
Reply Quote
29 Human Warlock
04/20/2011 11:21 AMPosted by Oknob
it might be worth putting a little blurb in your OP about boas being BiS for almost every slot/spec/class but barring that, anything else in the list is a viable alternative

Dun did it.
Reply Quote
29 Blood Elf Warrior
Also worth noting that the shoulders from the Swords Deck turn-in be mentioned. Without BoA's they're decent alternatives.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12798
Reply Quote
29 Human Warlock
Also worth noting that the shoulders from the Swords Deck turn-in be mentioned. Without BoA's they're decent alternatives.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12798

Actually the green shoulders I linked are *slightly* better. They have a tad bit more armor, with the exact same stat contributions.
Reply Quote
29 Blood Elf Warrior
Really? Is that link accurate? Cause i would think 5 str 5 stam and 5 crit would be more desirable than just 1 more point of stam and strength for certain classes.
Reply Quote
29 Human Warlock
04/20/2011 11:35 AMPosted by Waitwut
Really? Is that link accurate? Cause i would think 5 str 5 stam and 5 crit would be more desirable than just 1 more point of stam and strength for certain classes.

I didn't take into account the crit, I suppose I'll add them as BiS Crit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]