Where is King Rastakhan?

85 Human Death Knight
Previous stories of the Zandalar tribe talk about the formidable witch doctor Rastakhan. He is the supposed king of all trolls on Azeroth and keeper of troll lore. He is mentioned in game, as the Trolls on Yojamba Isle had the titles "Servitors of Rastakhn".

However, he is completely missing from the Rise of the Zandalari patch. Why is the King of Trolls missing from the campaign to unite Azeroth's trolls?
Reply Quote
86 Troll Hunter
It is with the up most confusion that even though the Darkspear are now at war with the zandalari, The zandalari ambassadors of rastakhan are still allied with us against there now enemies. Vol'jin in the Ghostlands speaks of rastakhan, but we don't know (and probably not) if the zandalari ambassador in the preview was suppose to be him.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/26/2011 08:16 PMPosted by Tibireus
However, he is completely missing from the Rise of the Zandalari patch. Why is the King of Trolls missing from the campaign to unite Azeroth's trolls?

It seems he's been usurped or otherwise deposed by Zul, a so-called messiah.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Here I am :D
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Anyone else disappointed.. that we didn't kill Zul in either instance?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
It just means we kill him later after he gets the key master.
Edited by Honu on 4/27/2011 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Troll Hunter
04/27/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Onimontu

I'm not, because that still means there is hope for the future of the Troll race. Who knows, maybe Zul'Farrak and Zul'drak will receive a touch up since they were present at the meeting.

Here is hoping.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
04/27/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Onimontu
No, because it makes in more likley for a South Seas expac as we will need to go back to this storyline.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/26/2011 09:55 PMPosted by Omacron

It seems he's been usurped or otherwise deposed by Zul, a so-called messiah.

I thought Vol'jin said his meeting was with Rastakhan though, not Zul?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Zul is probably behind the disappearances of both Rastakhan and the Frost troll king. My guess, anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Rastakhan, yes. The frost troll king? No, he's more likely a victim of Blizzard only sometimes caring about the RPG books. And people wonder why most people only accept them as being pseudocanonical.
Edited by Vegdrasil on 4/27/2011 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
04/27/2011 07:36 PMPosted by Vegdrasil
Rastakhan, yes. The frost troll king? No, he's more likely a victim of Blizzard only sometimes caring about the RPG books. And people wonder why most people only accept them as being pseudocanonical.

It's actually my theory that Blizzard had forgotten about the Frost troll king and will make it so that Zul had something to do with his disappearance. Blizzard likes to make plot points in the present to cleverly bridge lore gaps in the past, and I must admit they use it to pretty good effect sometimes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/27/2011 07:36 PMPosted by Vegdrasil

*cough* Dark Trolls *cough*
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/27/2011 07:38 PMPosted by Blackriver

It's actually my theory that Blizzard had forgotten about the Frost troll king and will make it so that Zul had something to do with his disappearance. Blizzard likes to make plot points in the present to cleverly bridge lore gaps in the past, and I must admit they use it to pretty good effect sometimes.

Have him show up in a rise of the Zandalari heroic Zul'Drak raid? or gundrak, or something?
Reply Quote
72 Troll Warlock
A drakkari was present at that meeting, technically we didnt go into that giant building in the back of zul'drak or kill their king. Im sure the two remaining drakkari loa(or were they gods) arent very happy with the survivors so im sure the remaining drakkari are doing everything to please them
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/27/2011 09:37 PMPosted by Zulalock
A drakkari was present at that meeting, technically we didnt go into that giant building in the back of zul'drak or kill their king. Im sure the two remaining drakkari loa(or were they gods) arent very happy with the survivors so im sure the remaining drakkari are doing everything to please them

I don't remember killing any Winterfang Trolls in Northrend either
Reply Quote
72 Troll Warlock

I don't remember killing any Winterfang Trolls in Northrend either

technically a nerubian colony is still alive(brann visits it) as well...........no way we completely exterminated the ice trolls.........i guess in our eventual return to northrend we could have a resurgent icetroll empire and a small nerubian citystate attempting to rebuild it's empire.

edit:same thing with teh sandfury as well........us wow heroes never learned one of the mainrules of zombieland..........doubletap
Edited by Zulalock on 4/27/2011 9:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Several ice trolls were visible in the 4.1 trailer... and one of them was standing around the campfire with the other leaders. He may have been the Frost King.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
Wasn't Rastakhan the one in the trailer? Zul is supposed to be mysterious and Rastakhan probably listens to his main prophet to make the decisions but ultimately he is going to be the one at the meeting. Plus outside ZA Vol'jin says that Rastakhan tried sweet talking them, which refers to the meeting that he was at.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
At the end of the Zul'Aman 5-man.. Vol'jin calls Rastakhan out...

Blizzard has not forgotten about him..
Edited by Onimontu on 4/28/2011 12:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]