Greetings from Blizzard Mobile!

(Sticky)

Battle.net Developer
Hello Everyone!

My name is Liogela, and I am the new Mobile Bug Report Forums moderator. To give you a brief background on myself, I am a representative and employee of the Blizzard Quality Assurance department. I have been with the department for over 4 years and have been involved as a tester and/or leader on several of our major titles over that time span. I am now working specifically with the Blizzard Mobile QA and Development teams and will act as your liaison to the Mobile testing team.

While our Quality Assurance team works very hard to help make our apps as clean as possible, our resources can never match the thousands upon thousands of users of our apps. That's where you come in! These forums have always been one of the best places for QA to get reports from the players. The reports logged here go directly to our testing team who research them in controlled environments. Let me assure you that we do read every thread that is posted here.

I will try to be as interactive as possible within this community. I am excited for us to work together as we enter the next chapter in the epic saga of Blizzard Mobile Development.

Important Threads:
How to write a good bug report - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932784199

Guidelines (this one is super important) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/933154110
Edited by Liogela on 4/26/2011 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Awesome that there's finally a forum dedicated to the Mobile Armory/Auction House/Guild Chat/Slicer/Dicer app. I use the thing all the time, and love it. Heck, I even use it when walking my kid to school in the morning. Hope to see more cool features soon!
Reply Quote
MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
Welcome to the forums, Liogela! I know it says i'm an SC2 MVP, but I post around everywhere. Looking forward to working with you in here, ;).

EDIT: typos... I apparently dunt sp3k gud english.
Edited by Sixen on 4/27/2011 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
hehe, glad that something like this was finally created. I've always been iffy on asking Mobile-related issues in the Website forums, which are also relatively new...

Fixed some typos in my last post, mutlitasking ftl, :(. Anyway, glad to have you here, curious to see how this works out.
Hi Liogela. a/s/l?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/05/2011 10:11 AMPosted by Liogela
I'm out of your league.
lul.

Favourite food/music?
Reply Quote
Hello,
I was just wondering if Blizzard are developing the authenticator for Windows 7 Phones as well?
I am using it on an Android phone at the moment and I would like to use it on my new phone.
Thanks
Reply Quote
MVP
I asked a similar question, the answer was basically that they can't reveal any information on things they haven't announced yet... if they are actually working on something.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416119481
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Hello,
I was just wondering if Blizzard are developing the authenticator for Windows 7 Phones as well?
I am using it on an Android phone at the moment and I would like to use it on my new phone.
Thanks

I doubt it. Not because they don't care, but by making an app for the iphone it seems they satisfy the needs of about 60% of their community and now with the android version I'd bumb that number up to 90%. (all estimations of course based on personal findings). I suggest trying to dual boot your phone with Android also so you can get more apps. I love my W7 phone too, but it seems app developers don't. Hang in there though, I hear we are getting Angry Birds soon (Doh!!!!)
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I'd like to see a Windows Phone 7 app as well, particularly for remote guild chat. My wife and I would subscribe in a heartbeat.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hi guys and gals,

You may have noticed that Liogela is no longer posting on the Mobile Bug Report forum. That is because Liogela is no longer involved in mobile testing. However, fear not, Liogela is still a member of our Quality Assurance team -- you may even see posts from him or her (^^) in the future.

Which means introductions are in order! I'm Wilebosk, and I am the new NEW Mobile Bug Report Forums mod. I've been an employee and representative of Blizzard Entertainment for over 5 years, with experience in Customer Support and Quality Assurance. I have experience testing and playing each and every one of the titles we currently support, including many of our Legacy titles (War3, D2, etc.). I've been a member of the Mobile QA team for a year and a mobile user long before that. It is my hope that I can fill the gigantic shoes of our dear friend Liogela.

I will do my best to be as active in this forum as I possibly can. Just give me some time to catch up on all of the hard work done prior to my hostile take over. ;)
Reply Quote
MVP
Heya Wile, welcome to the forums (though I'm sure you've already been here before). As I'm sure you've already noticed, I like to hangout around here, so I'll be helping out every now and then, ^_^.

Sad that Lio won't be around anymore, tell him/her I said adios! :P. Does QA just have some kind of limit to the amount of time people can spend moderating their forum or something? Seems like the Gameplay QA Forums (Bug Report, PTR, etc) are always switching as well. For a while, Hortus was the QA guy there, and since then there's been a ton of different people.
Edited by Sixen on 8/31/2011 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hey there Sixen! Yes, I've been a lurker in this forum since its inception, though I have not quite gone through all of the posts. From what I've seen, your posts have been thoughtful, intelligent -- and frequent. Happy to share the space with you. :D

Liogela, what are you doing in my forum?! Go back to D3! jk jk
Reply Quote
MVP
There's no time limit! I just switched positions from one team to another. If/when one of us takes a position on another team, then we have someone else step in. I'm now on the D3 team, so that's why you've seen me over there now (although I won't be moderating them specifically...just perusing them).

Oh, so it's a mere coincidence. Glad to have you on the D3 forums then, I didn't know that'd be permanent (though I guess it won't be?) But at least you'll be hanging out over there, =).

Hey there Sixen! Yes, I've been a lurker in this forum since its inception, though I have not quite gone through all of the posts. From what I've seen, your posts have been thoughtful, intelligent -- and frequent. Happy to share the space with you. :D

I try to help out where I can! Don't hesitate to hit me if I make a mistake, hehe.
85 Goblin Warlock
I cant see my calendar in amory.
When I click it, it always turn off automatically n immediately.
Reply Quote
MVP
I cant see my calendar in amory.
When I click it, it always turn off automatically n immediately.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082081907

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]