World PvP Event; SYBM

90 Blood Elf Hunter
So I've spent around 4 hours patrolling Stormwind today and have yet to encounter a single Dwarf, Gnome or Human Female of the 18th level or higher. I'm sure you're out there, evading my Bunny Ears for as long as you can.

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in arranging a large scale World PvP battle somewhere in Azeroth from the Alliance side, or if I could get some assistance setting up the Horde side. What I'd like to see done is have the two factions meet up in a big open area and just clash until one faction remains. No rezzing and getting back into the fray. I'd love to see only 85s around, but what can you do.

Depending on the response I get, I'd love to have some sort of large scale World PvP event happen before the weekend is out.

I'm sure I'll receive some trolling and eye-rolling for this, but is it that bad to yearn for the days when eternal glory was fought for on the field of battle, shedding blood beside your allies and enemies alike? No.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
What do you think this is? Burning Crusade?
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/27/2011 04:30 PMPosted by Jinkez
is it that bad to yearn for the days when eternal glory was fought for on the field of battle

No, but it is bad when some random hunter wants to hide in large numbers just too feel like they have some skill.

What's your problem, little Priest? Gotta be a jerk online when no one can see who you are, and your not even posting on your main!? Probably so we can't see how bad you are but you can continue to troll us. Just. go. away.
Reply Quote
61 Draenei Paladin
04/27/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Sylvira
So I've spent around 4 hours patrolling Stormwind today and have yet to encounter a single Dwarf, Gnome or Human Female of the 18th level or higher

I used this toon to find a dwarf for my main, since I'm horde.

04/28/2011 02:09 PMPosted by Jinkez
I post on this alt because of how cute the avatar is

Agreed
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You must be new to the forums.

I have never "hid" who I am and have stated several times I post on this alt because of how cute the avatar is with her goggles. Besides, I don't see how I can "hide" who I am when most of my posts involve some sort of screen capture of my main character.

My main is Aedronys, lvl 85 bloodelf ret paladin. He has been known to stop alliance raids on Horde cities just by showing up. (lame I know but it happened)

My "main alt" is Aedyy, lvl 85 human ret paladin. I got her to 2k in 3's while wearing mostly crafted pvp gear.

I am a horrible player but I can still kill 3 lvl 83s as an 85 prot paladin AND not get mad about it.

And finally, stop the childish thinking that because someone points out a flaw or has a differing opinion (IE: negative) that they are a "troll."

no, people who point out problems or flaws or have a different opinion than you are not trolls. however your post above was none of those things.

what you said:
No, but it is bad when some random hunter wants to hide in large numbers just too feel like they have some skill.

It is a very obvious troll, as you are saying he has no skill, and your doing it passively aggressively so that it elicits a response. Why can a hunter not want to take part in larger battles? just because you arena and he wants to see a battle on BWL doesn't mean that its wrong or that they are a worse player.

and also calling on someone personally is most definatly a troll. especially when you bring it to another thread.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
04/27/2011 01:23 PMPosted by Adalrìcus

I'm quite certain it's not, but thank you for checking.

Let me ask you this; Why would it matter what expansion the game is in? All I was interested in doing was trying something I have never been able to experience on the game: a large scale world PvP event.
Does it matter that the old days are gone? I personally do not think it should. What limits players to only doing world PvP like I mentioned above in the previous expansions? As far as I know, nothing, but if I'm mistaken and there is some mechanic preventing players from massing in the world somewhere and doing battle, please let me know where I could find this information.

04/27/2011 04:30 PMPosted by Jinkez
is it that bad to yearn for the days when eternal glory was fought for on the field of battle

"Some random hunter"? Pardon me, but I do have a name and I assure you, I am unique among hunters as this is the only hunter I play. I have a feeling you are mistaken about a few things, and I'd like to clear those up for you.
Before we get into a discussion about how the mechanics of the hunter class works in an open PvP environment like I've stated above, can I ask if you've ever played a hunter to 85 and are familiar with how the class works/ doesn't work?

...because someone points out a flaw or has a differing opinion (IE: negative) that they are a "troll."

As has already been stated, you pointed out no flaws and there really is no differing opinion in what you've said, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree that you are indeed trolling.

However, I enjoy a good discussion, so if you can convince me that you meant differently than what you're written please continue. If not I'll have to ask you to refrain from posting in this thread, as you are neither constructive or helpful at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
04/28/2011 02:45 PMPosted by Rinko
So I've spent around 4 hours patrolling Stormwind today and have yet to encounter a single Dwarf, Gnome or Human Female of the 18th level or higher

I used this toon to find a dwarf for my main, since I'm horde.

I was tempted to do that as well, but I've got all my character slots filled with Horde toons already.

I was really hoping to get some of the dwarves on BWL to come out of the woodwork, but I suppose it's back to dodging guard patrols and fly-bys of the canals.
/sigh
Reply Quote
61 Draenei Paladin
04/28/2011 08:32 PMPosted by Sylvira
I was tempted to do that as well, but I've got all my character slots filled with Horde toons already.

Add a trial account to your b.net account and there's always battlegrounds

Dunno about this server but on thug'thol horde players have been selling usage of their level 18 dwarf alt
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/28/2011 08:26 PMPosted by Sylvira

I'm quite certain it's not, but thank you for checking.

Your welcome, honey bear.

Let me ask you this; Why would it matter what expansion the game is in? All I was interested in doing was trying something I have never been able to experience on the game: a large scale world PvP event.
Does it matter that the old days are gone? I personally do not think it should. What limits players to only doing world PvP like I mentioned above in the previous expansions? As far as I know, nothing, but if I'm mistaken and there is some mechanic preventing players from massing in the world somewhere and doing battle, please let me know where I could find this information.

You say you want a big battle between the horde and the aliiance? Well if you could get everyone to do it, it would be about 300 vs 75. Best way to start a battle is to gank and camp people till his friends come to help.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior
04/28/2011 08:26 PMPosted by Sylvira
Why would it matter what expansion the game is in?

I wanted to take this as a serious question, so:
The chance to engage in significant World PvP on this server has declined somewhat since the original version of the game was released.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I checked my ignore list for your main, and don't fear, It was already there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just don't care to continue feeding the trolls. Say what you wish.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
also please read this and the CoC. i just want a nice environment in which to post about the game i love.

Welcome to the World of Warcraft Realm Discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss happenings on your realm with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting.

http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
04/28/2011 10:03 PMPosted by Celegorm
Why would it matter what expansion the game is in?

I wanted to take this as a serious question, so:
The chance to engage in significant World PvP on this server has declined somewhat since the original version of the game was released.

Delined somewhat? Homie? Its declined to the point of laughable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]