Why do "Nitro Boosts" kill you now?

85 Draenei Shaman
Reality in a Fantasy game....is extremely dumb.
We get Proto drakes mailed to us...where's the logic in THAT??

LOL

"UPS. Where you want your proto-drake?"

Fix't. :P
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
04/28/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Asterrameth
i guess the next step with engineering will be the mounts failing, such as the rotorblade falling off the flying machine, or maybe the front wheel coming off the chopper (anyones chopper, doesnt matter the rider, an engineer made the thing!)

That would make me buy a bike.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Yea I kinda think it is rather dumb for rocket boots to randomly fail, but I think the logic wasn't so much that they didnt want you to have fun or even wanted to put a RL twist to it, but they didnt want you trivializing certain encounters, for example altramedes. As far as BGs go again that was due to rogues, and any other class that can get an innate speed boost and mostly for WSG.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
04/28/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Asterrameth
i guess the next step with engineering will be the mounts failing, such as the rotorblade falling off the flying machine

I would be OK with this, as long as the animation was the copter sitting still in the air for a split second and your character looking out at you all sad-like, Wile E. Coyote-style, before plummeting to your death.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
give me a break, engineering was so OP that it was pretty much a must have for many people in PVP. if it is this powerful, something needed to be done about it.
..and it has been.

If you really think engineering has been OP, then you must not be playing the same game as everyone else...
Reply Quote
71 Dwarf Shaman
give me a break, engineering was so OP that it was pretty much a must have for many people in PVP. if it is this powerful, something needed to be done about it.
..and it has been.
lolwut?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
"Rocket Fuel Leak" was specifically meant as an alternative failure for dungeons, raids, and battlegrounds so we weren't launching people up into unknown invisible (or otherwise) roofs and getting them stuck or allowing content exploitation. In 4.1 it was fixed so that this failure was actually properly going off in these specific types of content.

Reevaluating the damage though, we're going to apply a hotfix to bring it down quite a bit (it won't be able to kill you outright anymore). Keep an eye on the hotfix blog as it'll be added once it goes through: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2690293#blog
Reply Quote
"Rocket Fuel Leak" was specifically meant as an alternative failure for dungeons, raids, and battlegrounds so we weren't launching people up into unknown invisible (or otherwise) roofs and getting them stuck or allowing content exploitation. In 4.1 it was fixed so that this failure was actually properly going off in these specific types of content.

Reevaluating the damage though, we're going to apply a hotfix to bring it down quite a bit (it won't be able to kill you outright anymore). Keep an eye on the hotfix blog as it'll be added once it goes through: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2690293#blog

These failures that happen with engineering enchants are stupid though. They are just an annoyance! Are they really so overpowered they need this?!?
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Paladin

But the fact that engineering is the only profession that has enchants that can fail has always confused me.

It allows items made with Engineering to be somewhat more powerful and remain "balanced" due to the risk of failure. If they removed the possibility of failure, engineering items would probably see a substantial nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
04/28/2011 11:05 AMPosted by Hamburglerer
The shield engineers get is quite damn good.

7 second duration.

18000 damage absorbed.

No...

it last for 7 seconds, but it never is up for anything even close to 7 seconds. Its a one hit absorb.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
They removed everything aweome from engeneering this expansion... There's no reason to use the nitro boost in BGs, par example, cause you usually want to use it to escape, but if it kills you anyways, then why use it?
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
04/28/2011 10:56 AMPosted by Bashiok
Reevaluating the damage though, we're going to apply a hotfix to bring it down quite a bit (it won't be able to kill you outright anymore).

That's all well and good, but can we get a new animation for this failure so we know when it goes off?

Like, for instance, the character is engulfed in flames and makes the /cower emote for the duration of the debuff?

Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
04/28/2011 07:53 AMPosted by Tyrathius
I have thought about this at length. The only conclusion I have been able to reach is that the Devs are sadists, and enjoy tormenting us by providing us with the option of using our tinkers, but only by risking a raid wipe. If they truly thought it was OP they'd nerf or remove them. Likewise, as no one in their right mind could possibly find "chance on use: you die" to be fun, the tinkers can only be there to limit the profession and annoy the players who pick it.

The reason for this is exactly to risk a raid wipe. So you won't use them during raids. It's intended.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Soo I have an engineer. I love my goggles. but because of the risk of death on use of all tinkers i didn't even bother putting them on my gear.

Thanks blizzard I love having this 10k gold profession sitting on my rogue useless because you made it too much of a hazard in pve.

Also I don't let my raid members use tinkers during the raids. There are enough unforgiving mechanics (Lightning rod ugh just gtfo not hard) to wipe a raid without tossing in one more.

ugh and guys! The nitro boosts are attatched to your BELT now not your BOOTS!! and they are booSts! the s is before the t. they're not rocket boots anymore guys. it's a rocket belt.

and since it's a rocket belt i propose a mortal kombat type fatality when they fail. your characters lower half is just ripped off and flies away. I mean this game is rated for blood and violence. That would be bloody and violent.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Blizzard, Engineers have been going it rough with these stupid backfires in raids and battlegrounds since cata launched and you need to address it.

Just take the damn things out of PvE they dont serve any purpose other than making engineers scared to use their toys in a raid :/.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]