That it?

100 Gnome Priest
Firelands and then what? I saw the firelands preview, and it looks like it will be a fun instance. I do have once concern, that it? Firelands is 6 bosses + 1 boss in Baradin Hold. With the new lock out system introduced in cata, doesn't it seem like we would need at least 2 raids released in each content patch or are content patches just going to come much faster than we were previously use to?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
No. That's not it. You can see our line-up of previews here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416209385

We have more to share.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I believe the OP is talking about more RAIDING content. As in so far this expansion has had the fewest off the start than any you've done before.

The difficulty so far has been great. The fact that 4.1 is here and our guild isn't done is fantastic. We can't imagine this being the case when 4.2 hits. With only 7 bosses opposed to the like 13 we have now, is that going to really be enough?

Content we can bang our heads on in terms of difficulty is good. Not enough of this so you're not killing much before you're slamming headfirst into a brick wall is bad, and worse, boring.

You figure right now for every Wyrmbreaker or Magmaw, there's a Cho'gall or Sinestra to worry about. That's a nice balance. Can such a thing even happen when the next "tier" of content is only 7 bosses long? What, are 5 of the 7 going to drop tier pieces? @_@
Edited by Meia on 4/28/2011 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
There will likely be 2 bosses dropping t12 and having the rest purchasable for valor like this tier. As for the future, we still have CoT: War of the Ancients, The Abyssal Maw and Deathwing that have all be announced in some form or another.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Yeah, we know what's coming after 4.2. I'm more worried about keeping my guild together if we're getting little bleeps of content here and there. Not saying some "uber patch" is needed, but yikes.

Yes, we also know about the idea of "We want to release smaller patches faster", but until you can actually keep to that, well, there's kind of no faith in that since we've heard similar things since Vanilla on this very forum. Even times when you've only added one instance for a tier had double the amount of bosses in it. Firelands sounds huge, you couldn't populate it more or something?

We still have what was probably the worst raid content patch ever done fresh in our minds in tier 9 here... ><
Edited by Meia on 4/28/2011 1:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
No. That's not it. You can see our line-up of previews here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416209385

We have more to share.

I think the OP is asking will there be more than 7 bosses because 7 bosses will be SUPER boring for an entire tier, especially with how raidlockouts work. Even if you make them super hard and we sit at 3/7 for 4 months. That will be horrible.

BTW 5 months between patches doesn't feel faster.

TOC only had 5 bosses and it felt like one of the worse patches. Not only bc I had to run it 4 times a week on my main but because it was 5 bosses. Then we have 1 super hard boss at end of ToGC 25 that took while to kill... it was so boring.
Edited by Trixis on 4/28/2011 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
04/28/2011 01:55 PMPosted by Trixis

5 months for small patches like 4.1.

It's going to be 7 months MINIMUM before we see 4.2, but more than likely it will be 8-10 (this is starting in December and we'll see 4.2 in August/September). It will ONLY have 7 bosses. I 100% know this as a fact.
Edited by Renekdk on 4/28/2011 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Ideally they could do Fireland say in June and then CoT: WotA in Aug. With both being Tier 12...just stretch it out a bit. Perhaps going back to an 8 piece set. Who knows.

It does seem though if they decide to keep us only to 7 raid bosses (loot piñata not considered in BH)...we are going to run into the TOC nightmare again. This would go against their plan of multiple raids per tier (i.e. BC) and we would have to question the release calendar. I am all for getting smaller patches faster...but actually prove they will be faster. Normal patch schedule is every 6-8 months...so we should get something every 3-4 months.
Reply Quote
04/28/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Albinosmurfs
Firelands and then what? I saw the firelands preview, and it looks like it will be a fun instance. I do have once concern, that it? Firelands is 6 bosses + 1 boss in Baradin Hold. With the new lock out system introduced in cata, doesn't it seem like we would need at least 2 raids released in each content patch or are content patches just going to come much faster than we were previously use to?

You've barely scratched the surface of the current content and you're dubbing the coming content "not enough"?

Why don't you go and get all the hard modes on farm status before considering the content "done"?
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
04/28/2011 02:12 PMPosted by Murianna
Why don't you go and get all the hard modes on farm status before considering the content "done"?

Because HM's aren't new content. Once you've completed all the normal modes you are technically done with the content. You are geared enough for the next tier. Those in full 372 will faceroll the normal modes of firelands.

Don't kid yourself, we have 13 bosses currently. Not 26.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
There has to be more than 7 bosses.. Wasn't there supposed to be multiple small raids per patch instead of one large raid?.. Or has Blizzard forgotten there own new concepts?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I believe the OP is talking about more RAIDING content. As in so far this expansion has had the fewest off the start than any you've done before.

Just think of this as another thing to toss in the face of the self proclaimed casuals who complain that Blizzard doesnt listen to them. In 4.2, Blizzard is offering more "casual" content as well and not just a raid. As usual though these so called "casuals" will still complain as they cannot be pleased, their only goal is to make the game unenjoyable for others.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue

We have more to share.

I think the OP is asking will there be more than 7 bosses because 7 bosses will be SUPER boring for an entire tier, especially with how raidlockouts work. Even if you make them super hard and we sit at 3/7 for 4 months. That will be horrible.

TOC only had 5 bosses and it felt like one of the worse patches. Not only bc I had to run it 4 times a week on my main but because it was 5 bosses. Then we have 1 super hard boss at end of ToGC 25 that took while to kill... it was so boring.

Except one raid per patch is how it's been since nilla.

Please learn how the game is before complaining.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
04/28/2011 02:32 PMPosted by Ashnod
There has to be more than 7 bosses.. Wasn't there supposed to be multiple small raids per patch instead of one large raid?.. Or has Blizzard forgotten there own new concepts?

That's what I was thinking as well.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
7 bosses makes me sad :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]