That it?

90 Goblin Rogue
I personally you guys are missing a pivotal point, the point where the majority of players are enjoying the game. You think spending more time on the same thing is fun. This is the err you made with ICC. Nobody liked killing the same wing week in and week out. Nobody likes smashing their face on Hnef week in and week out. Ulduar was the dream instance. An instance like that only comes along once in a lifetime. That doesn't mean you can't try to match it.

P.S. What is the difference between a pvp and pve realm now that everyone can fly away, ALL the guards are 85, and all the transportation methods are inside a city. You've effectively ruined world pvp. I don't see why you try to differentiate servers anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/28/2011 03:10 PMPosted by Bashiok
Our ideal situation would, of course, be to launch as many raids as possible with this current ideal number of around 7 bosses, but that's not something we're ever going to promise.

Not even possible with the downscale of work on World of Warcraft.
Let us compare.
Given 2.1(which was WoW at it's peak for being worked on), being released in four months with two complete raids, three questing areas/daily sets.
Given 4.1(most recent, obviously), being released in four and a half months with two rehashed dungeons that are reworked with "some new textures and all new mechanics."
I notice a LARGE difference in content scaling for these recent times.
Why?
Too caught up in other projects.

The lot of this information was provided by a man with a youtube channel, his name is CynicalBrit or something like that.
Edited by Ìntent on 4/28/2011 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
More frequent content updates with smaller content updates contained therein. Subtract the "frequent" part and it sounds about right. :(
Edited by Eloderung on 4/28/2011 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I personally you guys are missing a pivotal point, the point where the majority of players are enjoying the game. You think spending more time on the same thing is fun. This is the err you made with ICC. Nobody liked killing the same wing week in and week out. Nobody likes smashing their face on Hnef week in and week out. Ulduar was the dream instance. An instance like that only comes along once in a lifetime. That doesn't mean you can't try to match it.

P.S. What is the difference between a pvp and pve realm now that everyone can fly away, ALL the guards are 85, and all the transportation methods are inside a city. You've effectively ruined world pvp. I don't see why you try to differentiate servers anymore.

I don't know about you but 25 hard mode freya and mimiron were both face-smashing quality material. Almost every tier had some kind of brick wall. This is more of a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" for Blizzard. Ulduar may have been one of the best designed instances ever, but it was no where near this "happy medium" that everyone wants so badly.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
04/28/2011 07:32 PMPosted by Seraphy
Queen Azshara

blizz has already said that she's isnt come out to play in this expansion

Given how closely Blizz has stayed to their pre-Cata philosophies and goals for Cata I think we can expect to see Queen Azshara in a BRAND NEW 5 MAN HEROIC!
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
What do PvPers have to look forward to in 4.2?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Stop working on nice, but non-essential UI improvements. It's been relentless recently, and while its nice and all, the actual, you know, gameplay is what people care about, whether they are old players or new ones.

So much this. Like honestly why are they pouring resources into remaking the character panel? The game isn't any more fun or any prettier looking as a result.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
here's a new raid for you its called a 40 hr workweek when you down the boss they give you a paycheck yay!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/28/2011 08:30 PMPosted by Ìntent
Given 2.1(which was WoW at it's peak for being worked on), being released in four months with two complete raids, three questing areas/daily sets.

Those instances and daily areas were originally intended to release with Burning Crusade, so yeah, while they were put on hold when we realized they wouldn't be done in time they didn't take too much time to finish off. That's sort of my point, you're thinking patch release to patch release and really there's work being done far in advance (or even at the same time), and content being shifted or even cut as we revise our schedule. Looking back at Cataclysm release, we probably should have held some stuff back, which would have created a situation not too unlike 2.1.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I'm curious as to how the loot is gonna work in Firelands. If there are fewer bosses with more pieces of loot per boss, then only having two drops every boss fight is gonna be a nightmare for 10-man guilds not seeing some pieces for months into the tier.

Any word on this? =/
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/28/2011 09:04 PMPosted by Lograr
Stop working on nice, but non-essential UI improvements. It's been relentless recently, and while its nice and all, the actual, you know, gameplay is what people care about, whether they are old players or new ones.

So much this. Like honestly why are they pouring resources into remaking the character panel? The game isn't any more fun or any prettier looking as a result.

As much as we would love for every employee to be a master artist, programmer, modeler, animator, composer, etc. etc. individual people have individual crafts. While potentially hilarious, you wouldn't want the UI designers to be crafting raid bosses.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Those instances and daily areas were originally intended to release with Burning Crusade, so yeah, while they were put on hold when we realized they wouldn't be done in time they didn't take too much time to finish off. That's sort of my point, you're thinking patch release to patch release and really there's work being done far in advance (or even at the same time), and content being shifted or even cut as we revise our schedule. Looking back at Cataclysm release, we probably should have held some stuff back, which would have created a situation not too unlike 2.1.

I definitely agree, even saving Tot4W for 4.2 would have put each Tier within a more balanced and acceptable size range. Though, considering the 'randomized' loot factor, if you played around with the Tot4W encounter mechanics enough to freshen them up.. I don't think it would seem too terribly out of place, nor be too much work to do, to bump it up to a T12 instance...
Edited by Ophidon on 4/28/2011 9:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/28/2011 09:24 PMPosted by Bashiok
As much as we would love for every employee to be a master artist, programmer, modeler, animator, composer, etc. etc. individual people have individual crafts.

As stated and well known, people have certain fields of specialty.
I believe that the community base is going on two beliefs, one being that content accessible by the lot of us (casual players) is being released at a slower rate. The other belief is that the content is not 'up to par' the the players ideal standards.
As a third that I just thought of, maybe they're thinking you're understaffed.
Don't call me cynical, this is just what I get from reading hundreds of posts about content.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
It's a preview, I doubt that "that's it" still, if it is, that's concerning. 5 months with only 7 bosses to do?

Oh lord.

EDIT: well it seems that that is it.

Wonderful...
Edited by Dethstryk on 4/28/2011 9:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I love the people who keep chiming in about TOC.

Don't you people get it? TOC was a failure. Ulduar was more fun in every conceivable way and with the introduction of TOC Ulduar died. Blizz isn't trying to do that again. If there's a delay between the release of content compared to the Ulduar - TOC timline it's intentional because TOC didn't work out the way the developers wanted.

Take your time Blizz. I mean it. Make the content good. I'd wait another 3 months to play through an instance as good as Ulduar than play through another ToC tomorrow. And I'd make that same choice every time.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

After one month into Cata, people were already sitting around in Org and SW waiting to raid. TB dailes were all that got us out town till you hit exalted. God forbid there was less content at release. Although i do remember them adding SFK and DM Heroic to be pushed for release.

However the daily Hub looks amazing
Edited by Ajaxis on 4/28/2011 9:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's a preview, I doubt that "that's it" still, if it is, that's concerning. 5 months with only 7 bosses to do?

Oh lord.

Seriously? I don't get comments like this at all.

Why does the arbitrary number of HOW MANY bosses are in an instance matter instead of how good those boss encounters are?

Do you honestly remember EVERY SINGLE boss in AQ40? That instance had a ton of encounters in it but only a few are memorable.

Do you honestly want them to up the number of bosses in the instance to 11 (lol it goes to 11), just so we can have more boss fights like Auriyaya?

Judge them on the quality of the boss encounters. The number doesn't matter. I'd rather have an instance of seven bosses on the level of detail as Mimiron, Lich King or Yog-Saron vs TOC any day.
Edited by Vindicare on 4/28/2011 9:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I love the people who keep chiming in about TOC.

Don't you people get it? TOC was a failure. Ulduar was more fun in every conceivable way and with the introduction of TOC Ulduar died. Blizz isn't trying to do that again. If there's a delay between the release of content compared to the Ulduar - TOC timline it's intentional because TOC didn't work out the way the developers wanted.

Take your time Blizz. I mean it. Make the content good. I'd wait another 3 months to play through an instance as good as Ulduar than play through another ToC tomorrow. And I'd make that same choice every time.

There has been much talk about ToC, yes, but I have seen none of it that is positive?.. And the fear that they are indeed repeating that (not necessarily in 'quality', but in quantity it will be even -lower-, because of the shared 10/25m lockouts/loot). This could quite well be the biggest make or break point for the future of WoW raiding, ToC was put up with once, because it was assumed to be a mistake they learned from. If they repeat it, it wont exactly be pretty.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Seriously? I don't get comments like this at all.

Why does the arbitrary number of HOW MANY bosses are in an instance matter instead of how good those boss encounters are?

Do you honestly remember EVERY SINGLE boss in AQ40? That instance had a ton of encounters in it but only a few are memorable.

Do you honestly want them to up the number of bosses in the instance to 11 (lol it goes to 11), just so we can have more boss fights like Auriyaya?

Judge them on the quality of the boss encounters. The number doesn't matter. I'd rather have an instance of seven bosses on the level of detail as Mimiron, Lich King or Yog-Saron vs TOC any day.

To an extent, quality matters over quantity, yes. When the available quantity is so low it is cleared in a single night a week however, guild and player interest will quickly nosedive off a cliff.

And RE: AQ40, that was actually one of the busiest times in WoW raiding history, as BWL, and MC were both still important to run each week. (MC had Thunderfury, and T2 pants, etc.) If I were to point at a time in WoW history that -did- ask too much time of raiders, that would be it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]