That it?

90 Human Paladin
04/29/2011 07:18 AMPosted by Ophidon
Out of curiosity, is WoW the only game you play?

For many raiders not at the casual end of the spectrum, it very likely is. Raiding is extremely different from other forms of gaming, and fills a different roll in life. It is more akin to an intermural sports team or a bowling league, than anything.

I just find it interest how different WoW players can be from other gamers. With other games, it seems normal for the playerbase to have some variety in their game library.

I'll admit, though, that if Firelands becomes too easily clearbable, there remains the possibility I'll get bored of farming bosses. If I burn through the content before new stuff comes out, I suppose I'll just take a break like I did with Wrath. Not the biggest deal.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The QQ Train has arrived, all aboard!

/whistle
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
I play WoW, starcraft, Dragon age, Black ops, and many others btw
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
If I burn through the content before new stuff comes out, I suppose I'll just take a break like I did with Wrath. Not the biggest deal.

It is a very big deal for the large number of guilds that will either have to struggle continuously to keep membership up, or simply fail to do so and disband.

Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Hard modes exist because they are an easy and functional compromise to let both highly skilled players and lesser skilled players both experience raiding with a minimum of effort of extra development work, and a minimum amount of complaint from the lesser skilled players that they are not 'seeing' all the content. It is very unlikely that concept will go away.

I don't want them to 'go away' entirely. I feel like it's a cheap lazy way to make 14 bosses into 28, while I'm guessing very few players see all the hardmodes, and even they would probably admit, that it doesn't provide the same satisfaction as killing a new boss. If I got to chose where my $15 went I'd pull some funding from hardmodes; even if it's percieved as a lot of 'bang for the buck.'

I do really like the idea of some hard modes (just a couple per tier). I do really like a couple of regular mode bosses that are basically impossible; in fact I'd like to see content that isn't cleared by anyone in the world until the next tier. A boss that no one in the world has killed is more relavent and enjoyable content to me than a hard mode I don't care exists and will never attempt.
Edited by Simaril on 4/29/2011 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
i think in an interview they said that diablo III will more than likly take a huge chunk of the wow player base... and i think that we are seeing them prepare for that.. the scaled down patches and rehashed content.. 7 bosses for an entire raid tier (not that i can complain since ive not seen the first bosses yet!) .. seems a bit short sided.

for a company that filed a profit margin that started with the letter B... i find it hard to believe that activision or blizzard would allow wow to be just killed off like this.. im extreamly surprised we havnt seen heads roll.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/29/2011 07:29 AMPosted by Ophidon
If I burn through the content before new stuff comes out, I suppose I'll just take a break like I did with Wrath. Not the biggest deal.

It is a very big deal for the large number of guilds that will either have to struggle continuously to keep membership up, or simply fail to do so and disband.

exactly what are said guilds doing now if they already have stuff on farm and have raids nights down to 1 or 2 nights? How did those guilds deal with ToC, or Wrath?
Edited by Kurnea on 4/29/2011 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
04/29/2011 07:38 AMPosted by Kurnea
exactly what are said guilds doing now if they already have stuff on farm and have raids nights down to 1 or 2 nights?

There is no one, not even the top guilds, complaining T11 was too short. T11 is only on farm for 13/13 H guilds. Guilds that do normal modes but choose to not move into H modes are self-limiting and do not count (for this purpose).

Also, ToC -did- cause a substantial exodus. This exodus is possible to be quite a bit worse though, if all relevant content is placed on farm that fast again. Many gave Blizzard the benefit of the doubt with ToC that they understood it was a mistake and would not be repeated. "Fool me once.." ICC was somewhat saved by the fact that H LK alone kept most guilds from running out of non-farm content even at 30% buff (not that one single giant roadblock of doom is exactly optimal either). T11 is actually very close to optimal, for the purposes of this discussion.
Edited by Ophidon on 4/29/2011 7:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
The speculation is high in this thread.
Edited by Uzik on 4/29/2011 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
8 slot of armor specific: helm should chest bracer glove waist leg boot
cloth would have 2 set of 8 to cover heal and dps
same with leather and mail
plate would have 3 to cover tank, healing and dps
72 armor specific pieces

then you have neck cloak ring trink weapons shield offhands
AND there would be pieces with stat differences in the same slot

How do you expect to put all this gear spread among 7 bosses?
the boss's loot tables would be rediculous

classes that would have easy access to weapons and trinks from the early boss would have huge advantage over classes that you guys screw over having weapons in end wing bosses

That's a really good point.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I don't have a problem with the number of bosses being 7. Some of the longer raids became really...long. A longer raid now and then would be nice too...especially with skippable bosses. I also like short raids, and one boss raids; while I disliked a lot of the LK raids, Sartherion might be my favorite raid ever.

I don't generally like hard modes. Doing the same boss at a harder difficulty, even if it's a bit different just isn't terribly rewarding. And while you might think you're giving us more content, how many people actually complete hard modes? My guild has so little interest in hardmodes we basically stopped raiding...if they weren't in the game, or there was just one or two we might have kept farming and progressing, but it's a whole meta-teir we're frustrated with and ignoring.

Don't get me wrong; I love that there's often some content I won't complete, it gives me something to aspire for, but hard modes for every fight that are just more tightly tuned, or have one more mechanic are not that fun or interesting. Again, I loved Sartherion and his hard mode, but I don't want to see hard-mode on every boss, and perhaps 1 or 2 a tier is 'enough'.

Regarding the discussion in the couple of posts above: wow is basically the only game I play. I have cancelled my subscription 2 or 3 times when I've been unhappy with raid content (ulduar hard modes, and ICC after the first few weeks). When I leave WoW I don't even consider other Blizzard games (Final Fantasy, Eve Online, Sim games have been my replacements). If I'm unhappy with this game I'm not moving to another Bliz product. Satisfy me with THIS game or lose my dollars.

Spare us the rhetoric. You are not only person playing this game.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
To those saying you'll be farming Firelands for months before a new raid, how do you know? Bashiok just said they are always working on content. They are most likely working on the raid to follow up Firelands right at this moment. So a new raid may drop as more and more guilds are putting Firelands on farm.

You just don't know. So stop saying you do know that you'll be farming this raid for months and months. It's just not true at this point.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
You just don't know. So stop saying you do know that you'll be farming this raid for months and months. It's just not true at this point.

With 7 bosses (and no I'm not forgetting hard modes), especially considering we go in at the start of this tier considerably better geared than we do into the first tier of an expansion when we still have do pre-raiding gear up through heroics/reps, the only way it -isn't- true is if there are substantially harder roadblock bosses than are in T11. This would be a large problem for the non-extreme guilds itself.
Reply Quote
11 Troll Hunter

You've barely scratched the surface of the current content and you're dubbing the coming content "not enough"?

Why don't you go and get all the hard modes on farm status before considering the content "done"?

The current "content" has been done - raiding is not possible for many of us (perhaps they should allow us to hire henchmen like in Diablo!)
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Hunter
ilu
I'm actually more interested in what happened to the "have a couple of small raids with like 3-4 bosses each in them per tier" mentality from beta. Any comments on that?

i think in an interview they said that diablo III will more than likly take a huge chunk of the wow player base... and i think that we are seeing them prepare for that.. the scaled down patches and rehashed content..

Diablo III may take a significant portion of WoW subscribers, but it still won't be bigger than WoW. Besides, you are over-dramaticizing "rehashed content." The only thing that's been 'rehashed' is ZG and ZA--or are we going to count level 85 Deadmines and SFK, too, which have none of the same bosses? Firelands isn't rehashed content.
Edited by Iambda on 4/29/2011 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
11 Troll Hunter
04/28/2011 02:34 PMPosted by Noctemtenchi
I believe the OP is talking about more RAIDING content. As in so far this expansion has had the fewest off the start than any you've done before.

Just think of this as another thing to toss in the face of the self proclaimed casuals who complain that Blizzard doesnt listen to them. In 4.2, Blizzard is offering more "casual" content as well and not just a raid. As usual though these so called "casuals" will still complain as they cannot be pleased, their only goal is to make the game unenjoyable for others.

Please supply proof of your assertion. I think you can't find any (ie, you are just making it up - its not the same people complaining)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
04/29/2011 08:48 AMPosted by Shoap
Please supply proof of your assertion. I think you can't find any (ie, you are just making it up - its not the same people complaining)

The fact you think:

04/29/2011 08:44 AMPosted by Shoap
The current "content" has been done - raiding is not possible for many of us (perhaps they should allow us to hire henchmen like in Diablo!)

is an appropriate thing to say in a thread that is entirely geared towards a different subject and demographic of WoW players than yourself (players who do not fail to acknowledge other demographics exist keep in mind) is proof enough of that.
Edited by Ophidon on 4/29/2011 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
11 Troll Hunter
I think the thing to probably take away from this is that content is not infinite, and so we have to look at everyone who plays the game and try to be smart about where we focus this finite pool of development resources we have.

I think you should focus it on making the last 4 zones flyable :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]